1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond vs Bill Russell

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Feb 22, 2016.

1. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Sorry, I thought you followed basketball. If All Star weekend is all you've watched, I can understand the confusion here.

1 person likes this.
  2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Should I be impressed? Nash, Johnson and Marion put up big numbers in Phnx.

Tony Delk went for 52 in a game.

Casey Brewer did to. He can explode anytime...

Curry and Thompson are good at what they do. Unfortunately, they aren't the sole spearheads of a +.900 team. They're all cogs in their own way.

Curry is 3rd in the league in 3P%. You know who's 9th and 10th? Clay and Draymond. He does what he needs to do. If you've ever had thai cuisine, you'd know Green Curry tastes a 'rootin toot of a lot better than anything else. I 'suppose it's the galangal leaves, but it winds up being better than the sum of it's parts.

No one has more to do with GS being elite than Green. His low FGA/ppg, ala offensive ego, combined with quick hands enhances their ability to play around him. Can't put a team on his shoulders, but neither could Russell playing against a bunch of kids who barely knew what basketball was. The guys who go off offensively will always get the credit for winning games, but you look at any team with sustained dominance (SA being the most recent) and you'll see they never needed these guys. The Iverson's get the crowd love, but the Duncan's deliver.

They are absolutely a realistic comparison accounting for difference of era's.

#22 Honey Bear, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Anthony Davis would disagree

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I can't believe he lasted till the 2nd round, something like 35th pick

I can't believe this is the same dude that the egotistical clown parsons pretty much called a scrub

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not sure how he's underrated. Pretty much everybody has him as one of the 15 or so best players in the league right now.

6. BinBinRingRing

What do u guys think of this lineup?

Draymond Green
    Draymond Green
    Draymond Green
    Draymond Green
    Draymond Green

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Elite defender, improving shooter, good passer, hustle player, versatile, etc. He's A superstar utility player.

He's not as good as Les, but he's similar to Lebron in terms of his versatility and ability to completely change the game due to that versatility and creating a mismatch at any position he plays.

He is also the biggest reason the Warriors have improved this year. Getting his 3% up to 40% makes an offense that was already just...there isn't even a phrase to describe it. Last year he was the guy you left open and just hoped it wasn't one of those nights where he was sinking shots. Now he is a guy that if you leave open will light you up.

The Warriors have a once in a lifetime collection of players. Sucks as a Rockets fan.

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Obviously not on Bill Russell's level... That's just silly.

But if Steph is MJ, then Green is Pippen. If Steph is a car's battery, Green is the alternator.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Anyone else thought this was a what-thread?

10. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

lol no. Draymond is the 3rd thing teams focus on. Capela would do like he is now. Our interior d would crumble worse than it is. Draymond is actually a worse scorer than Dwight. Not a good idea

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, he was 35th. I remember prior to the draft, Magic Johnson was tweeting about Draymond being the best allround-player in the NCAA. Crazy how he fell to the 2nd round.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I hope for the parity of the league in the future that he's just having a fluky good shooting season. He's a career 32% 3 point shooter who is somehow shooting 41% this year. Very suspect as he's also only a career 68% FT shooter. I would venture to say he's not going to shoot 40% from 3 for the rest of his career.

His defense has always been unreal though. I'm just posturing/hoping he's not a truly elite shooter like he's been this season for the good of the league.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

heheheheheheheheheehheehehehe

Rocket River

14. kanggang

kanggang Member

Draymond is the real deal. He was since college. Especially on the defensive side

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Draymond is the best defender in the league? News to me...

16. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I wouldn't go as far as Bill Russell, but Draymond is unique in his own right.

Guys like Russell and Ben Wallace were anchors; they patrolled the paint every given night. Draymond brings the same defensive impact but in a different way. His ability to basically guard positions 1-5 brings the same impact like Russell and Wallace, just in an ulterior form.

It also is worthy to note that he can shoot and facilitate an offense, but that's none of my business.

17. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

People on this forum don't watch or understand basketball.

18. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

I don't believe you don't understand how much our interior would suffer with capela manning the middle

19. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

You really think Diaw in his prime could play defense like Draymond Green?

The awesomeness of Draymond Green isn't the best at any one thing, it's that he's just a shade under elite at everything. IF he's elite at anything, it would be his basketball IQ.

But yes I agree, pairing Lebron with any other player is the best case scenario, but pairing Draymond green with anyone from the first tier of superstars (kind of like the Warriors) is the next best thing.

20. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I think you think Dwight Howard is still an elite defender that can carry a defense (obviously not.)

Draymond green / Capela

frontcourt would be a better than

Jones/Howard. I stand by it.

Let's throw out the fact that Draymond green at this stage is a far superior help defender/pick and roll defender, he actually still offers rim protection and you can play him at Center for half the game and not lose much defense.

But focus on Draymond Green who is currently the leader of a 90% winning team, and how our team needs a leader.. Yeah.