1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Dragic skill level is dropping bad.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's half of what Howard 5 year max would be, isn't it? That's a bargain compared to what Howard will be asking for.

+ Whiteside is 26, very little mileage, much less injury risk and is a defensive and rebounding presence just like Howard.

Sign me up for Whiteside over Howard.

3. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Whiteside is a head case. Whiteside is even less disciplined than Dwight. Whiteside is not a better rebounder. Whiteside does not play good defenses, he chases after blocks far too often.

Say no to Whiteside.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Honestly I don't even know what your trying to even get out.

Yes dwight was a star when he left Orlando and LA? That's what you we're bringing up? Correct.

Secondly that was 3 and 4 years ago for both those teams.

4 years ago kobe Bryant was still a top 15 player and top 5 scorer.... Get my drift, a lot can change in 3 years.

Thirdly none of those teams that lost star players had Another star on their team that was better than them like in Houston.

All those stars that got traded or left as you speak of is because they wanted to leave to go play with another elite player. There wasn't one on the roster they were on at the time.

Dwight is not a star he hasn't been an Allstar in 2 years prob never will be one again, and I admit that's not the end all be all of who's a star.

Dwights a very good player and I'm actually pretty sure he wants to be in Houston. The problem is he's not worth 5 yrs 175 mil and the rockets managemnet knows this. I'm sure if dwight said yes I'll Sign for 4/80 mil none of these rumors would even be surfacing but dwight wants his money.

If dwight was still a star he would a) already be traded to a team that will give him the max or b) already been promised the max from Houston.

Neither has happened.

Personally I don't want to get rid of dwight unless he doesn't want to be here at all. I'm not a fan of giving up talent.

Him and harden have avg 55 wins there first two years together, we as fans and management know it can work. We need to use the cap space to find better players around them.

High IQ, floor spacers who understand team defense and want to play for dwight and James.

Do that and the rockets will be better than fine.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Whiteside isn't anymore of a headcase or less deciplened then Howard right now. Howard is leading the league in T's isn't he? Whitisde isn't a headcase of court either, he just gets a lot of T's.

And Whiteside is a better rebounder then Howard.

Yes he may chase blocks but you better believe he's a defensive presence inside. 4 blocked shots a game is 8 saved points, multiple altered shots and big time intimidation. I'll take Whiteside for much less money, much much less milage, better health and younger.

I'm not saying he's perfect, I'm saying if we are paying a center this summer, I'm going with Whiteside over Howard easily.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Whiteside is a waayyyyy better offensive player than Dwight

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Personally I think whiteside is extreamly overated.

Some players are not winners and imo he's one of them.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Heat are scared/don't want to pay Whiteside.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ise-without-and-withou.html#storylink=addthis

9. malakas

malakas Member

Whiteside is heading to la.

10. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Source?

11. malakas

malakas Member

In fa...u can ask cyber when hes on. Its one of the most spread "secrets".

12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

13. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Nice baiting.

He's going to the highest bidder. If his current team is offering the max, he'll accept. All bidders being equal SANS his current team, then sure, he'd probably accept the LAL offer.

14. malakas

malakas Member

:rolleyes: whos baiting? Like whiteside wont find multiple teams including the lakers throwing the max in his feet...lmao

15. Houston09

Houston09 Member

A Whiteside and dragic for howard, tjones and anyone else wouldn't be a bad trade. Get a good young center, 2nd creator

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If Howard leaves I think Whiteside might consider Houston, pairing up with James Harden and getting a max has to be an attractive offer.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

aaron gordon anyone?

18. malakas

malakas Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="el"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ICYMI: <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN">@WindhorstESPN</a> told us re-signing Pau is a <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bulls?src=hash">#Bulls</a> priority. And to a contract that could be worth worth 20mil a yr. He floored me.</p>&mdash; Silvy (@WaddleandSilvy) <a href="https://twitter.com/WaddleandSilvy/status/697533118245421057">Φεβρουάριος 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well there you go.
    Pau is gonna get that much and some ppl still have the delusion saying " IF whiteside finds someone to pay him"
    :rolleyes:

I thought Pau was about 15 per..20 is too much.
    Well that means Dwight gonna get his max.

19. malakas

malakas Member

everyone going after whiteside is gonna offer max. He's attracted to big lights and clouds in the skies.

I'm not making things up. It's been all around that Whiteside is headed to LA.

20. dje243

dje243 Member

If we clean house and just keep the youngins: Harden, Capela, KJ, DMO, and Harrell...Would we have enough money to chase two max/near max FA's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.