1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. dmoneybangbang

Maybe for Calderon and Lopez.

2. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Lol I feel like the Knicks would do knock it up and actually trade porzingis for duh white.

3. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Lol I feel like the Knicks would so knick it up and actually trade porzingis for duh white.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah but until they see what kind of player saric and embiid are they cant do the trades. ( and if embiid is healthy).
    Can embiid play pf in offence? Will his shooting translate? How many minutes will he be able to play? Can saric play also sf? Will his shooting translate?
    Until they know all that its tpugh to choose who hey trade.

I agree that what they want is to combine players /picks together to get a young pg. Like cj. But they will try to steal Beal. Who knows who else. Fournier? Crabbe?

5. basketballholic

Apparently you are conceding that Philly couldn't trade him for a top 3 pick in this upcoming draft. And you want to argue that he may be worth #4 when I said Okafor would probably only garner a pick as high as 5. Fine. I'll adjust to a pick between #4-#10.

You are agreeing Okafor wouldn't garner a top 3 pick.

For Philly to trade Okafor for a top 3 pick they'd have to sweeten Okafor with another asset. And if Okafor had already broken out significantly as a 2-way player (Kristaps) then Philly wouldn't consider moving him at all, even for #1.

That's just the way the draft and trade game works.

6. fv court

fv court Member

two under-achieving teams trade spare parts, who says no?

Memphis out: Green and Lee
    Memphis in: Brewer, Jones, McDaniels and Dekker

Houston out: Brewer, Jones, McDaniels and Dekker
    Houston in: Green and Lee

Houston Line up:
    PG-Beverly, Lawson, Terry
    SG-Harden, Lee, thornton
    SF-Ariza, green
    PF- DMo, Smith,harrell
    C- Howard, Capela

7. malakas

malakas Member

Translating players into specific pick value is impossible and vain.
    It depends on the draft, and the specific teams' needs. When you want to narrow it to pick 3 vs pick 5 it simply useless because you have no freaking idea who the teams are and what they need and who the players available are.

If Dunn is the best at 3 I would trade Okafor for him as a Bucks fan. There you go.
    Okafor has shown signs that he will be able to develop a shot and perhaps be competent in positional defence as a 5.

Noel though? No way for a top 3 pick. He has stone hands. He can only play the 5 offensively. No sign at all he will be able to develop a jumpshot. He has only one more year and gonna get PAID. Take away Ish Smith from him and he looks he doesn't even belong.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Washington In: Dwight, Beverley, TJones
    Houston In: Nene, Gortat, Oubre, lotto protected 1st

For Washington, they get 2 plus defenders and TJones actually might make some sense given their lack of PFs.

Houston gets a prospect, a pick, and a decent center replacement.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Yup. I like that deal and it makes sense for both teams. And we probably can get Dudley back as well.

The only thing is have you checked it at realgm machine? And also if it leaves Grunfeld enough capspace to keep his wild goose chase alive to go after Durant?

10. GottaHaveHeart

That sounds good to me!

11. GottaHaveHeart

This one also sounds legit as well!

12. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I dont think Memphis bites. But if you could do that, that's a very well rounded roster. LOOKS GOOD ON PAPER... X_x

Green can even play some small ball PF so we would see a lineup of Bev/Harden/Ariza/Green/Howard. Also aren't Harden, Green and Durant good friends? Superfriends or something? I remember reading that before somewhere.

I dont think you could get him and Lee though. They want shooters and we're taking two of theirs.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I'll take it. Sold!!!!!!

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So I checked this one up and down, and can't see any reason why it would get rejected under cap & trade restrictions-

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=go35nlp

Hold on now... its a big one.

Houston out - Howard, Terry
    Houston in - Lee, Bradley, 2016 Dallas first (low lottery protected), 2016 Minn pick (likely will turn into 2 Second round picks).

Cleveland out- Love
    Cleveland In - Carmelo Anthony, Jason Terry

Boston out - Lee, Bradley, Amir Johnson, Jerebko, 2016 Dallas Pick, 16 Minn pick, and the big one.... 2016 Brooklyn 1st rounder (unprotected)
    Boston In- Kevin Love, Dwight Howard

Knicks out - Carmelo Anthony
    Knicks In - 2016 Brooklyn Pick, Amir Johnson, Jerebko

Why Houston does this -

-Bradley is pretty much the perfect match long term next to Harden IMO. You get that problem solved long term with this deal. You're probably looking at moving Lawson in sub deal or just waiving him because he's going to ride the bench from this point on and be a problem in the locker room. I think you try and keep Bev for a solid backup and insurance, but you can move him if another deal comes into play
    -Essentially a late 1st and two second rounders for Dwight who is likely to walk anyways is about as good as you're going to get. You're not getting the Brooklyn pick. That's essentially the price they are paying for Kevin Love in this deal.

Why Cleveland does this -

-Melo on the Cavs really helps them in the playoffs scoring in the halfcourt when the game slows down, and you can go small with Lebron and Melo and really kill teams with your versatility. I think we owe it JET to include him in this deal and let him play out on a contender.

Why the Knicks do this -

-The Brooklyn pick gives Phil a chance to put another lottery pick next to Porzingis moving fwd. Its a solid deal for a star that likely won't be effective by the time your other star matures. Its a good deal for them.

Why the Celtics do this -

-Overnight contention without losing core pieces (other than maybe Bradley). The Brooklyn pick is really the lynch pin here. Would they give this up for immediate contention, and one of the best front line's in the NBA? This deal is very similar to what Ainge pulled off in 07, but in this case Ainge is really only giving up draft picks, and still look at the draft picks they STILL have left after this deal.

They still have the 2017 pick swap with Brooklyn, and they still have their own 2016 first. So in consecutive years, they can add a late 1st talent, and likely a lottery pick in 2017.

Ohh here's another tidbit -

The Celtics, with this deal would only have around 46 million committed in salary beyond this season. Meaning they'd have nearly 42 million in cap space this Summer to resign Dwight, and get another max player. That's incredible that this team-

C-Howard, Olynyk
    PF-Love, Mickey
    SF- Crowder
    SG- Smart, Young, RJ Hunter
    PG- Thomas, Rozier

(cap holds on Zeller & Sullinger with ability to bring back as well)

Can add another near max contract this Summer (depending on how much you resign Dwight for). All of this possibility IF Ainge will just give up the Brooklyn pick. I'm sure Boston fans aren't in love with Howard, but its their best chance to get 2 stars for the price of one with Houston's lower price that's likely to drop early next week.

Any thoughts? Would these 4 teams have the balls to pull this off? Who would get cold feet?

1 person likes this.
  15. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone 5m5 minutes ago

Carmelo reiterated he doesn't want to get traded and he's not waiving his no-trade clause. He wants to remain in NY.
    0 retweets 0 likes

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dude must LOVE NYC. Geez.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Damn Dobro. You did a lot of work , only for the next poster to shoot you down with one sentence. lol

But I think that it's possible, the houston part I mean IF Ainge finds another player. Gallinari, Horford, Millsap someone with some star potential (and yes Gallo has some star potential- IT became an AS :rolleyes: ).
    If the first piece falls then Morrey gains leverage. :)

18. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I kinda thought this rumor as off being Lebron and Carmelo playing same position. Who would move to PF full time? I know they both have seen time there while playing small ball but full time, I don't think either wants that.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He and his wife. ESPECIALLY his wife:

"CLEVELAND? I ain't movin' to no CLEVELAND. Hell......no!"

20. JamalP.

JamalP. Member