1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JB says Rockets a "broken team"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Feb 11, 2016.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that it is broken. Watching this team is still frustrating even though, I've tried to lower my expectations. Sad stuff and for no real reason.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This season is over. Please just sit Harden with a fluke injury so he can rest up and we don't risk an injury for next season.

3. Mr Chuck Norris

Howard doesn't jump for rebounds that aren't right in front of them. He doesn't box out anymore. Even though he was doing his thing on offense his paint protection sucks which is why so many people get easy lay ups on us

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Broken team is broken.
    Humpty Dumpty can't be put back together again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Right now you can put any line up that you want out there and it want work..

This team has chemistry issues and with people knowing and understanding there role along with trust issues....

T_Man

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This season was over the day we fired McHale. Now the core of the team might be done too. What a year.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Sad to see Rockets being blown up in the media but something's gotta change.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I agree on the lack of boxing out... it hasn't been great...

I think the dude is tired on being beat on for x amount seconds before the ball even makes it upcourt... and then he rarely gets the ball for enduring the beating...

Put the ball in the pgs hands (not harden) - get the ball upcourt fast before the defense sets and give howard some early touches! If you dont have a good opp to exploit the defense or get it to Howard in the first half of the shot clock... hopefully Harden has made it upcourt by now and he can get the ball at the top of the key and do his thing...

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Be a "Realist". What's he going to say? "We're fixing to make wholesale changes so if you have a pet dumbass on this team, say good-bye now"?

Morey knows ( he must know) the roster sucks big red dog d***s and isn't going to suddenly manufacture magic. It hasn't happened yet. If anything, one problem keeps compounding another.

10. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Come on start running some called plays. Run the pick and roll until the other stops it. I don't care if Howard doesn't like it just make him do it.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it isn't his fault, he isn't the coach or players, he put enough talent on that team to climb high but they haven't been able to get it done

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't want any coach telling me his team is broken. To me, that means he isn't doing a good enough job because it's on him.

13. Raven

Raven Member

The problem is Harden. It begins and ends with him.

14. Nook

Nook Member

What do you expect him to say?

He is a calculated person, what positive comes out of him saying they are going to blow it up? Nothing.

If/when changes are made, then he will discuss them.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree. He really is getting outrebounded way too easily.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

John Blair says the Rockets are a broken team and he has no answers.
    John Blair says they're ****in' hyperventilating out there :grin:

17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I know how to fix it.... We hang JB from the rafters and let Terry be coach

18. Nook

Nook Member

The truth is that the Rockets didn't go from winning 70% of their games to 49% because of a single player.

Dwight Howard is not doing the little things that are important, but do not show up in the stat line. He isn't boxing out, he isn't hedging off screens, he isn't switching and he isn't communicating....... I am not blaming him, as I suspect it is common when you are in a really negative environment, to not hustle or play smart...... why do it when no one else is doing it?

Howard had a monster game last month, and everyone on this board was applauding him; but what no one really discussed was that he never hedged or dealt with screens. He literally only did what would accumulate statistics.

Harden's issues are similar. His statistical game has stabilized, and is one of the 2-3 best in the NBA.... however, limited effort on defense, when he does funnel defensively, there is no pick up help, and Harden doesn't help either.

It is going to take a new season and a very, very strong coach to turn this around.

19. Nook

Nook Member

One thing is for sure, JB cannot handle the Blazers...... I will never forget him flipping out in the playoffs a few years ago against the Blazers.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

a large part of the problem is that most of our role players (especially bev) simply cannot throw a pass into the paint