1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Says he's just missing a few days

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

My new fear is the push that Braun Stroman is getting. Just cause he's big and grew a beard, it now looks like he's getting Big Show in Fast Lane and Taker at Mania. Stroman was horrible in the rumble, and it was funny yet sad to see Brock give him so many stiff shots.

Please give me Taker-Owens. Ugh the smark in me would even rather see Kane Taker. Giant duels usually look off, but Stroman looked especially bad against Show and Kane in the rumble.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I heard someone say that in a podcast (that strowman might face taker) but I don't see it happening... I think they are well aware that a match between him and taker would be a **** show.

But storyline wise it makes some sense I mean he is pretty much the only guy that has been booked to look strong and that's a must for whoever faces taker.

I feel like the taker match might be a spot for someone in the league of nations... Rusev vs Taker could be fun. And I think Strowman will just be in Brays corner when he losses to Brock.

4. speed star

speed star Member

Daniel Bryan tweeted that he is announcing his retirement on Raw tonight

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Really hoping this is a work..

6. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Due to medical reasons, effective immediately, I am announcing my retirement. Tonight on Raw, I'll have a chance to elaborate. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/gratitude?src=hash">#gratitude</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Bryan (@WWEDanielBryan) <a href="https://twitter.com/WWEDanielBryan/status/696757295879819264">February 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Interesting... I saw that his merch had all gone on sale on website. I thought they might be releasing him soon so he can wrestle somewhere else.

8. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

I know this is a stretch but his profile pic on WWE.com is his new look with the short hair and trimmed beard. Right now I'm leaning more towards a work, at least that's what I want to believe.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

It's not a work. Bret Hart said he was done 6 months ago and he was right.

And really for him to pass concussion protocol and not have any more reoccurring ones he'd have to tone his style way down and it just wouldn't be the same. No more diving headbutts, dives to the outside, etc

And really guys like Neville, Balor, Nakamura, Styles, Zayn, etc. all are very similar styles to Bryan. They'll be alright without him in the same way Rollins made me forget about that CM Punk guy

10. VanityHalfBlack

What is a work? Explain these inside wrestling terms please.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

What about other claims DB made recently about vowing to still wrestle even if it may not be with WWE? I'm hoping this is a mark henry level work and that I'm just a puppet.

12. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

A storyline. Pretend. Fiction for the sake of entertainment, hence pro wrestling and not real life truth.

That being said, what a bummer. At least he had the apex moment at WrestleMania 30, it really couldn't get much better than that.

13. mario_v

mario_v Member

It's real. Just saw it on ESPN.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I was seriously hoping he was going to end up saying "Screw this, I'm not done."

15. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I just got done watching Raw, that sucked I'm so sad, D-Bry really got me back into wrestling.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Vince got what he wanted. They wouldn't let him out of his contract, and his contract was suspended until he was cleared. Their guy was never gonna clear him despite independent clearance. He was forced into retirement because they wanted him out of Reigns way.

Garbage product is garbage.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Blah Blah Conspiracy Blah Blah

He was not medically cleared by one of the best doctors in the world.
    There is nothing else you can do in wrestling that can top winning the title in the main event of WM. But in sure you thought that was garbage too.

18. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Grateful that he's leaving with his health and not letting all the concussions turn him into Chris Benoit v.2

19. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

This has nothing to do with WWE doctors not clearing him. It has everything to do with the latest test he had which showed a certain level of brain damage not seen before. Bryan himself stated that he had multiple concussions within the 1st year of wrestling and as a person gets concussions they become more prone to them in the future. In total he has probably had a double digit number of concussions which I'm sure is the reason why they just discovered the evidence of brain damage that Bryan eluded to.

Guy had to get out for his own good. With the link between head injuries and what happened with Chris Benoit and Junior Seau as well as all the old school football players whose quality of life has significantly decreased due to repeated head trauma it was time for Bryan to get out.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I for one am glad he is walking away... He has given us enough, I dont want to see another Chris Benoit and I'm sure Daniel is at a very high risk for CTE. It sucks he didn't get to have a retirement match or go out on his terms but he has a wife to think about.