1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the hell do we have Sam Dekker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Dec 8, 2015.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

He doesn't look bad in a suit.

2. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

hes one of our basketball players

3. seeingred

seeingred Member

PPat starting PF for a perennial playoff team, Marcus Morris playing well in DET, Jones starting PF for a perennial playoff team (eh...), Parson's starting SF for a perennial playoff team, DMo - looked good last year, Nick Johnson and Kpap used to get Lawson on a bargain deal.

Not all hits, but far from "not panning out". A lot of these guys take years to develop and, with the way Morey wheels and deals, there's a good chance they'll develop on other teams.

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Where is this guy?

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not as bad...he's expected to be in practice sometime next month. Whether he'll have a setback or not is another story...but his expected time out was always at around 3 months. DMo took just over 8 months.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually I think they were the same procedure, right?

DD

7. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

he should be traded

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't believe the team ever disclosed the exact procedure. If they have, I haven't seen it. I've just seen "back procedure" and "surgery".

However, the reports seem a lot more confident about Dekker's expected return date, while I don't remember the same being true for Dmo's. I imagine something was different enough to make the team more hopeful of Dekker's return according to the original time line.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So he'll be back this year? Nice. For some reason I thought he was out for the year.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Designated punch reserved for Steph Curry face in the playoffs. He's a lightning rod.

11. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

So he'll barely play any ball this season, including D league, spend next year in D league, and in the 17-18 season he'll have his "rookie" year in the NBA? Wasnt a fan of the pick, plenty of rookies drafted THIS YEAR are at least getting some NBA minutes on decent teams and its not like our current group is lighting it up. Some feel Harrell can contribute this year, but the 1st rounder needs more time, aside from the injury?

12. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Morey needed to use Ariza's contract in a SnT with Portland if LMA chose Houston.....Dekker would have given the Rockets a temporary starter for the beginning of season or backup to a FA addition after the trade. It didn't happen and along came a back surgery. True story.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Well some players are drafted on potential more than others...Dekker falls more under potential than Harrell.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

easy to solve this complicated question..

first round pick, rookie contract, potential = good trade asset and potential rotation player

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Because they haven't found a way to make up for drafting him yet.

16. Mr Chuck Norris

I admit at the time I was angry because how out team was performing but.... Seriously. What do you realistically think Dekker will bring to this team other than another player in a trade. I see no traits in his game nothing good. I see people say athleticism. I don't see that either. I'm not impressed that he's a 6'9" white guy that can dunk (barely) that's not athleticism.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I wouldn't say barely...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yOwved7AXdM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JkwfFhNxIQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt3M8wF9c6Q

#77 RV6, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  18. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Jesus Christ, you guys were saying the same ****ing **** about Capela. We're a few months into the guy's career and he can't do anything because he got hurt. Shut the **** up and wait and see him actually get some development and playing time before calling him a waste of space.

1 person likes this.
  19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

thats clutchfans basketball logic though, the best they is. intelligent basketball fans with intelligent basketball insight.

20. OpenLayup-Why3?

He doesn't belong in the NBA. Despite being a rookie, he's old and looked horrible with every step he took on NBA court so far.