1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Planned Parenthood Director caught on tape selling aborted baby parts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is nothing rational about trying to dissect a spiritual discussion where you are deeply entrenched in your views.

What defines a human is different for everyone. For you it's a zygote. For me it's self-awareness and the great intelligence we possess that makes a human distinct and separates us from an animal. And there are many many opinions.

This is a unsolvable philosophical discussion, one meant to give you some sort of means to assert your religious beliefs as somehow not being religious but humanistic which they are not.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

New video released -- disgusting.

2 people like this.
  3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Is it not rational to suppose that that status is achieved from the moment of conception forward in time. You are the ones who PRETEND to be able to pinpoint it in time. How long will you keep hitting yourself in the head with a hammer by arguing this FACT.

And you get to fatally victimize innocent children by holding onto your beliefs. At lease mine is not a fatal position!

One of my female friend pro-Lifers (YES they do exist) posted this this morning on the fifth-year anniversary of her natural loss of a child in utero:

"Wishing I had another baby to hold today. It's hard to believe it's been 5 years ago today that my baby became one of heavens littlest Angels. Time does lessen the pain. I'll always cherish the short time I got to bond with my baby in utero. It's a bond only a mother understands. Just because my baby was never born does not mean she never existed. When pregnant, no matter how far along, the baby is real to a mother. Hoping some day to meet her in Heaven. Until then, maybe my grandmas are watching over my baby? Hug your kiddos tight and love them!"

#1003 giddyup, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  4. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

hahahaha

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KingCheetah again.

5. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Your primary ambition is to feel good while you propose policy nonsense, punishing and controlling women, and maligning doctors and scientists as Mengeles for saving more lives than you ever will.

You structured your plan of nothing based on the fact that you wouldn't give a cent towards the issue, unless it was towards jailing women.

You'd do anything for the fetuses, except make any kind of material commitment.

The fact that you waded into this topic without actually knowing and at times caring what the debate was about shows how dogmatic you are. The fact that you can't separate out stages of prenatal development or understand even the basics of fetal tissue transfer from a legal and medical perspective shows how ill-informed you are on this topic.

What you propose would not only sacrifice many due to medical research being lost, it would actually stop a decline to historic lows in induced abortions. You are proposing sacrificing the many for you to feel good while you do nothing, and think lazily on the topic. This is what bothers me.

#1005 Northside Storm, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The umblical cord is cut because it's no longer needed. When is it no longer needed?

To feel shame is one thing. To shame someone is another thing. You want to shame women, whether they will feel that or not is on each of them. Guilty or not isn't the point. The point is you advocate shaming women. Own up to your own action and be responsible for it.

Being responsible is being responsible. I'm responsible when I do not feel that I can support my family, myself with another child. Thus, I abort. That's one type of responsible action. You punishing people has nothing to do with their responsibility. It is you wanting to punish because they do not adhere to your moral standard.

Your whole aim might be noble but is completely misguided as it does not help reduce abortion rate, but likely increase it while also punishing women with jail time.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Decision Rightness and Emotional Responses to Abortion in the United States: A Longitudinal Study

Abstract

Background

Arguments that abortion causes women emotional harm are used to regulate abortion, particularly later procedures, in the United States. However, existing research is inconclusive. We examined women’s emotions and reports of whether the abortion decision was the right one for them over the three years after having an induced abortion.

Methods

We recruited a cohort of women seeking abortions between 2008-2010 at 30 facilities across the United States, selected based on having the latest gestational age limit within 150 miles. Two groups of women (n=667) were followed prospectively for three years: women having first-trimester procedures and women terminating pregnancies within two weeks under facilities’ gestational age limits at the same facilities. Participants completed semiannual phone surveys to assess whether they felt that having the abortion was the right decision for them; negative emotions (regret, anger, guilt, sadness) about the abortion; and positive emotions (relief, happiness). Multivariable mixed-effects models were used to examine changes in each outcome over time, to compare the two groups, and to identify associated factors.

Results

The predicted probability of reporting that abortion was the right decision was over 99% at all time points over three years. Women with more planned pregnancies and who had more difficulty deciding to terminate the pregnancy had lower odds of reporting the abortion was the right decision (aOR=0.71 [0.60, 0.85] and 0.46 [0.36, 0.64], respectively). Both negative and positive emotions declined over time, with no differences between women having procedures near gestational age limits versus first-trimester abortions. Higher perceived community abortion stigma and lower social support were associated with more negative emotions (b=0.45 [0.31, 0.58] and b=-0.61 [-0.93, -0.29], respectively).

Conclusions

Women experienced decreasing emotional intensity over time, and the overwhelming majority of women felt that termination was the right decision for them over three years. Emotional support may be beneficial for women having abortions who report intended pregnancies or difficulty deciding.

Personal Stories of Women Who Have Had Abortions...

not giddy

8. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

100% of aborted fetuses had no emotional response either.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

just like we said, they don't care

10. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

So now we know KingCheetah works for Carly Fiorina.

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

1. They have parents for that.

2. Stop with this nonsense. I understood/stand the legalities of fetal tissue transplant. I don't think you understand pricing.

3. Use of fetal tissue is not the only way to conduct medical research. You are certainly encouraging the sacrifice of children for possible benefits through medical research. Those child say "Thank you... not!"

12. Dubious

no, they don't say anything, that's just you projecting

1 person likes this.
  13. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

1. Parents that need economic support, and researchers that need more funding help. not that you'd care for either other than launching some insults at them.

Your talk is cheap. You're not counting on actually doing anything about this issue, are you?

2. I don't think you understand what this topic is about: you specifically enumerated a category of fantasy expenses that was expressly impossible in 1/2 of the states that actually provided fetal tissue transfer. Your willful ignorance of the facts can only get you so far. Lastly, I hope you understand the stages of prenatal development better.

3. You never answered my question: do you think the ability to provide fetal tissue transfer has ever driven one abortion?

And again, please inform yourself on the issues at hand.

http://theweek.com/articles/584576/how-fetal-tissue-used-medical-research
    http://www.nature.com/news/the-truth-about-fetal-tissue-research-1.18960

#1013 Northside Storm, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

planned parenthood cleared of any wrongdoing by Texas grand jury

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't think it's all that great. They certainly took some risks posing as organ traffickers, but ultimately they were investigative journalists, and I don't know how much of a precedent we want to set in criminally deterring that.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

"Investigative reporters"? Hmm...

At some point they will have a new description... convicted felons.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

'Investigative jounalists' don't have preconceived conclusions with an agenda.

20. Dubious

#1020 Dubious, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016