1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. cebu

cebu Member

Is this on Netflix or redbox?

2. SonofSatoshi

SonofSatoshi Member

El Infierno - 9/10

I stumbled onto this on Netflix and had no idea what this movie was about going into it, actually ended up enjoying the hell out of it. Great film.

3. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bone Tomahawk- 10/10

I can safely say I have never seen a death scene more gruesomely depicted than what I saw here. And Kurt Russell is a badass, as is Patrick Wilson.

4. Buck Turgidson

WORD.

Revenant and Hateful Eight are better, but in a different way.

Hooray for the return of gory westerns. I will now re-watch Wild Bunch, Proposition, Tom Horn and several others I can't think of yet.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Kumiko the treasure hunter. 4.5/10

Got old quick and got tired of the main character never wanting to accept help. Way too long drawn out.

Bone Tomahawk is next up.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Star Wars Force Awakens - 10/10. It captured all that was good with the originals.

Black Snake Moan - 7/10 Definitely a weird movie that i feel like i'm not rating it high enough but at the same time i am having a hard time justifying a higher rating. Then again, Samuel is justification enough..and ricci's rack.

Love Story - 6/10. a nice story but the long stints of emotional music while characters walking around was a little excessive. I think it's a generational thing but over all emotional story
    granted it has a depressing ending

Bone Tomohawk - 9/10 - definitely a pleasant surprise.

#6146 DonkeyMagic, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

So did they hire the whole cast of The Office for 13 Hours?

Movie was brutal. 8.3/10

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Daddy's Home. Fam wanted to see this and it was not appropriate for the kids. Dont understand the hype will Ferrell gets, night at the Roxburys was his best performance

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It was an odd Office reunion wasn't it.

Better than expected, overlong and it's still Bay but not as over the top as his films for the most part......real modern day Alamo vibe to the whole thing.

It could have been shorter and it would have been nice if they developed the characters a bit more still one of Bay's better efforts in recent memory.

B-

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Not impressed with some of the recent releases.

Can anyone recommend a good Mob Movie? I've seen a lot, but in the mood for something new that I may have missed.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sicario: 8/10. Very well done.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Everest in 3D: 7/10

Given I'm in the midst of the Blizzard, it seemed relevant, and boy was it. My gosh, this was depressing though. Good cast. Felt cold. True Story. I liked the movie overall and I think it gave an accurate depiction of what it might be like to be up there... although I think they could have made a better attempt at capturing the beauty from the summit, which is why I dropped them from 8 to 7, but a good movie overall. Worth seeing. Spoiler...Too bad all the main players died as that was depressing.

On a side note, seems like there are about 160 movies to watch in 3D now. I'd kinda given up looking for movies on the account there didn't seem to be but a handful last year, but snowed in, I went looking around and quite a few available. I think the 3D is quite good myself. And I'm curious if the ultra HD is going to make that experience even more worthwhile as that takes off. Had a hard time finding 3D on Amazon and Netflix though so that remains a disappointment.

13. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

14. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Creep: 8/10

Available on Netflix. Think "My Life" starring Michael Keaton, but not a comedy.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

'The Drop' with Tom Hardy was terrific.

1 person likes this.
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

IP Man 3

7/10

Nice little Kung-Fu flick, saw it at Dunvale over the weekend. Good fight scenes, but the story was a little cartoony at times.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good Burger

5/10

Not too bad. Quite a bit of sexual innuendo and gay jokes.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's not new but often overlooked: Miller's Crossing by the Cohen Bros. So quirky, so good.

We just saw Spotlight this weekend, and I loved it. I can see why it's getting good reviews. We saw it in a small neighborhood theater full of older Irish people, and a few people walked out about halfway through. Guess the truth hurts -- ouch!

Michael Keaton, who I don't normally like, was really the star of that movie. he was amazing.

1 person likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Good call.

King of New York, Point Blank, City of God, Once Upon a Time in America, Get Carter (Michael Cane version), Prizzi's Honor, The Killing

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A very old movie, but it was the last one I saw. It was called The Gallant Legion.

It was definitely a niche film. It wasn't great, nor was it as bad as some movies from the genre are. It's an old 1940's Western.

It gets 5/10.