1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Stupid Things Trumps Says

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 22, 2015.

1. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And this has been one of the main themes of the propaganda network FoxNews.

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

I just want to say thank you, Donald J. Trump. You are an idiot, and you have no chance of becoming President. But, you are good for at least a couple of laughs per day, and you are reducing TV time for politicians like Hillary, and Cruz, who both make sick to my stomach. Keep up the good work.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Trump clown show contniues.

Donald Trump: There's No Proof Putin Killed Journalists
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...res-no-proof-putin-killed-journalists-n483451

The Republican front-runner Donald Trump on Sunday pushed back on the notion that Russian President Vladimir Putin has killed journalists, saying that it's "terrible" if it's happened but he hasn't seen proof that it has.

"In all fairness to Putin, you're saying he killed people. I haven't seen that. I don't know that he has. Have you been able to prove that? Do you know the names of the reporters that he's killed? Because I've been - you know, you've been hearing this, but I haven't seen the names," Trump said on ABC.

The Russian president, who some of Trump's GOP rivals have called a "thug" and a threat, recently praised Trump as "bright and talented."

When confronted with Mitt Romney's tweet also alleging that Putin kills journalists and political opponents, Trump again dismissed the claims. "He's always denied it," Trump said of Putin. "He's never - it's never been proven that he's killed anybody. So, you know, you're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, at least in our country. He has not been proven that he's killed reporters."

ABC's George Stephanopoulos asked about a presumed moral equivalency innate in Trump's answer, to which Trump fired back: "I'm saying, when you say a man has killed reporters, I'd like you to prove it." Trump did add that if this had happened, it was "despicable."

The Committee to Protect Journalists, however, does provide names of journalists killed in Russia, and notes that, since 1992, 56 journalists of various nationalities have been killed in the country.

An ex-KGB agent and former head of Russia's federal security service, Putin first took over the role of prime minister in 1999 and has held that title and president at various times over the past 16 years.

On NBC's "Meet the Press" Trump praised Putin's strength.

"What am I gonna say, he's a weak leader?" asked Trump. "He's making minced meat out of our president. He is a strong leader ... He can't stand President Obama. I think it would be a positive thing if Russia and the United States actually got along and they could work to the mutual good of getting rid of ISIS."

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qUGT30gGtiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can't they do something about Trump's tanning bed goggle eyes?

Trump is like: What?
    [​IMG]

6. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I thought it was shake-n-bake tan.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

This is the greatest con job in the history of world politics.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's a neverending clown show.

Trump Makes Sexually Derogatory Remark About Hillary Clinton, Calls Bathroom Break 'Disgusting'
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-make...emark-hillary-clinton-calls/story?id=35900469

In one of his most vicious attacks yet against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump used a sexually derogatory remark in reference to her and said that her bathroom break during the last debate was "disgusting."

During a campaign event in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Trump referred to Clinton's performance in the 2008 election.

"Even a race to Obama, she was gonna beat Obama. I don't know who would be worse, I don't know, how could it be worse?" he told the crowd. "She was favored to win and she got [expletive], she lost, I mean she lost," he told the crowd.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Here's my favorite article on the schlong comments: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-trumps-schlonged-a-linguistic-investigation/

Steven Pinker, I think everyone understood the idea Trump was trying to convey.

[rquoter]Donald Trump’s ‘schlonged': A linguistic investigation

In a long campaign that’s far from over, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s comment in Grand Rapids, Mich., that Hillary Clinton — former first lady, former U.S. senator, former secretary of state, woman — “got schlonged” in her 2008 primary run might be considered just another insult. Trump, after all, has been down in the dirt slinging mud before, calling Rosie O’Donnell a “fat pig” and a “slob” and making comments that certainly seemed critical of Megyn Kelly’s menstrual cycle.

But there was something different about “schlonged.” Sure, it was sexist — especially given Trump’s general disapproval of Clinton’s bathroom use during the recent Democratic presidential debate.

“Republican frontrunner Donald Trump used a campaign stop in Michigan on Monday to make astonishingly sexist attacks against Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton,” the left-leaning ThinkProgress wrote. “… ‘Schlong’ is a well-known reference to a man’s genitals. There are no alternative definitions for the word, according to Merriam-Webster.”

Sexism for Trump, however, is nothing new. In an email to The Washington Post, Harvard University’s Steven Pinker, a noted researcher on language and cognition, pointed out that Trump, using a term that comes to English via Yiddish and Middle High German, may simply have been trying to say something else.

“Given Trump’s history of vulgarity and misogyny, it’s entirely possible that he had created a sexist term for ‘defeat’ (as far as I know there is no such slang verb in Yiddish),” Pinker wrote. “But given his history with sloppy language it’s also possible that it’s a malaprop.”

Trump’s problem? He’s a gentile who, linguistically, wandered too far from home.

“Many goyim are confused by the large number of Yiddish terms beginning with ‘schl’ or ‘schm’ (schlemiel, schlemazzle, schmeggegge, schlub, schlock, schlep, schmutz, schnook), and use them incorrectly or interchangeably,” he wrote. “And headline writers often ransack the language for onomatopoeic synonyms for ‘defeat’ such as drub, whomp, thump, wallop, whack, trounce, clobber, smash, trample, and Obama’s own favorite, shellac (which in fact sounds a bit like schlong). So an alternative explanation is that Trump reached for what he thought was a Yinglish word for ‘beat’ and inadvertently coined an obscene one.”

But Trump has used the word “schlonged” at least once before — in a 2011 discussion of a House seat Republicans lost.

“I watched a popular Republican woman [Jane Corwin] not only lose but get schlonged by a Democrat [Kathy Hochul] nobody ever heard of for the congressional seat and that was because, simply, because of the Paul Ryan plan,” Trump said at the time. “That was an attack on Medicare. Now he’s trying to soften it, but whether you like it or not, that was an attack on Medicare.”

Still, maybe the power of “schlonged” was in its relative novelty. Trump could have used many other vulgar synonyms for “lost” — even the F-word, had he been so bold. Yet, he casually chose an unusual formulation favored by frat boys and comedians working blue, not aspirants for the nation’s highest office.

Indeed, Nexis notes just seven uses of “schlonged.” Two were Trump’s recent jab at Clinton; one referenced a “long-schlonged” reality TV star; one appeared in a obituary for Philip Seymour Hoffman, noting the actor’s role as a “gauche gay boom operator with a crush on long-schlonged superstar” in the film “Boogie Nights”; another appeared in an article about the HBO show “Hung”; and another in the transcript of an episode of Comedy Central’s long-canceled “The Man Show.”

Only one use of “schlonged” as a verb came from a respected political source. In 2011, NPR’s Neal Conan made this observation (to The Post’s Chris Cillizza) on the 1984 Walter Mondale/Geraldine Ferraro campaign: “That ticket went on to get schlonged at the polls.”

As Ben Jacobs of the Guardian noted: “Has any candidate for Borough President, let alone President of the United States ever used ‘schlonged’ in public before?” Or, as another Twitter user wrote: “Because the leader of the free world would definitely publicly use the word ‘schlonged.'” And another: “‘Schlonged.’ Verb, right?”[/rquoter]

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Last night, I laughed myself to tears when I read about Trump's comment on Hillary losing in 2008. Got a headache and stomach ache.

There will be a movie.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

To be honest, I haven't seen any of the Muslim terrorist events Trump always talks about after he watches video provided by the lamestream media.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Congratulation to Trump for finally making it onto the terror recruitment video.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Queue right wing nut conspiracy theories about Hillary using her Islamic extremists ties of Huma Abedin and Vallerie Jarret to fabricate the video.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Hillary is in the same video. Not that the media cares. It's not called the Clinton News Network for nothing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hi media. Know who else is in that Al Shabaab recruitment video with Trump? Hillary Clinton &amp; Black Lives Matter <a href="https://t.co/xtNCYQiJsc">pic.twitter.com/xtNCYQiJsc</a></p>&mdash; Stephen Miller (@redsteeze) <a href="https://twitter.com/redsteeze/status/683293411806441472">January 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. omgTHEpotential

Hahaha!

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is she? Because I'm not finding any video. I'm nt just going to trust some random twitter account.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

This is another one of these attempted hit jobs that is just poised for Donald Trump to turn it around and knock it smoothly of the park, as pretty as you please.

Once again, I am no Donald Trump fan. But sometimes his opponents are just so dumb it is almost enough to make you shake your head and wonder about these people.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Since this thread is about "The Stupid Things Trump Says" (as opposed to certain people's clearly unhealthy obsessions with anything named Clinton), I wanted to point to a true doozy from the LAST presidential election, where many conservatives predicted an economic armageddon that would necessarily follow an Obama re-election.

Great predictions (via think progress)

The Limbaugh predictions are, of course, best, since he brags about knowing economics. But trump saw falling stock prices and the economic true harbingers of what was to come in Obama's 2nd term. What an insightful investor and businessman The Donald must be. Just laughable at his own game.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The isis and like of the world love him. I hardly think they see him as their opponent when they more likely see him as a billions dollar free mouth piece for their recruitment.