1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K mf G, Nov 8, 2013.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I didn't expect to it to be a great piece of literature, honestly. I'm reading it because it's deemed to be canon.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I really enjoyed it, missed the first few minutes though. Started watching when she came across the new droid....not sure what I missed besides the splash screen.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The first few minutes of the movie might have been my favorite scene of the entire movie and among the best (to me personally) in Star Wars movie history. You don't need that scene to understand the movie, but it was well done and exciting.

4. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Uh, you should go again!! :eek:

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yes, the
    held laser from a blaster
    was just amazing...

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah...that was a mistake!

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Really?.....well. ****.

I spent $81 on the set of tickets for the family to go, and we got caught waiting on a train to go by on our way to the Palladium after dinner.....

Not going to go again for it, I'll check it out when it appears on showbox app or for rent.

(unless of course you are BSing me...can't tell on the internets...either way I'll watch it again when it comes out)

#1507 Uprising, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

No it really was a great scene. How can you show up late?!?! There's like 30 minutes of previews, how long was this train?

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

nope. greatest scene since the climax of dances with wolves.

1 person likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It was a Dark Knight paced intro where all kinds of cool **** is happening right at tipoff, but you don't necessarily need it to follow the movie. But also... it's Star Wars. You cant just miss the opening rolling text either, that's part of the experience!

11. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

You missed a good 15 minutes of the movie, but i got you!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K0rY7HHG664" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I've been very critical of the movie, but the early part was great. Part of why I didn't like the movie is because the beginning showed just how great a movie it could have been, without major parts from the old cast, without a death star, & without the bad guy being family.

**** blocked by Disney.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

gonna go see it again tonight at the IMAX at the fort worth museum which is supposed to be a true sized imax (at least according to what is online)

hoping it will be a different experience seeing it on a screen that big

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did you post your original take in this thread? About what Page. I'm curious what you think.

15. heypartner

good to see someone agree with my take. The greatness of the opening scene likewise disappointed me after. The scroll and the first scene makes it seem like the "Lela's ... most daring pilot" was going to be a major character, like Han Solo level. Then he disappears for just a cameo at the end.

It was weird. When has a character mentioned in the scroll take such a small role. inb4 ppl say "he'll have a bigger role in the next one." sigh

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

According to an article posted earlier here: The actor nearly dropped put of the movie because of a brodway play, but JJ did everything to keep him in it and he'll probably play a bigger role in the next movies.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

dropped out*

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im going to watch it a 2nd time also but at imax in austin. my son is almost 6 which is too young in my opinion, but i still want him to have that chance to see it.

20. heypartner

Thanks for pointing to your take, much appreciated.

I'm going to check out one of those new reclining chair theaters to see what they're like. Have to watch it in 3D though, but the sound is their best. The place I went had a very disappointing sound system.