1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Fargo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

I loved the first season. But, I think I like the second season even more.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It has been a while since I watched season 1 on netflix. I remember him telling her something, I remember talk about a judge being killed. I didn't remember about the bullet in the hip so that is a bit surprising. I guess the full pension but blows my suspicions of him being blamed out of the realm of possibility.

They are completely different styles. Story from the viewpoint of a lonely scared scheming loser in season 1 and season 2 is from viewpoint of a family guy with high morals responsibilities. Also better than anything else on TV so who cares. When watching the Martian I never once thought about how much better Ex Machina was.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

First season was definitely more quirky while second is grittier and more of a mob/crime story. Really enjoying the second season.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Overall I love the 2nd season more, but it's close. For the first season nothing beats the performance of Billy Bob as Lorne Malvo. He's just gloriously perfect. Lester Nygard was great too.

Second season doesn't have a single performance quite at that level, but Patrick Wilson is dang close. But in general there are WAY more characters that I have grown fond of in this 2nd season. Basically everyone with any real screen time. They just did a much, much better job overall. So it gets the nod.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Exactly what i was trying to say earlier, that were used to a single character sticking out like Lorne is why s1 sticks out, but as a whole s2 takes it. Way too many epic characters

6. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Both seasons are awesome. No need to choose. And the UFO just works, don't know why, it just does.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Any clue as why Ohanzee Dent betrayed the Gerhardts?

I mean it were not just the Germans that killed the Indians. Why be hired and kill them?

We probably will not find out.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Martin Freeman mentions a few theories in the most recent episode.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Something reminded me about Key and Peele being in season 1, and being awesome. That was really great so I think it might edge out 2 but still feel the discussion is a bit pointless because season 2 is greater than anything else on TV now.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is over again, well until season 3

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yep, finale was a nice tie up to everything. Thought it was really well done....

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

What does everyone think? Do we just give Kirsten Dunst the Emmy now? I feel like it's inevitable.

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dunst was great, but honestly the whole cast was fantastic. But my pick for the most consistently good through the whole season was Patrick Wilson. He was just incredible. His story about the helicopters dropping the family off on the ship and then the line "We act like it's a burden, but it's really our privilege" just got me. Got me right in the feels.

Loved the last episode. I honestly scratched my head a bit at the red herring of Hank and his alien looking symbols on the wall. He was just trying to come up with a new language? That's it? Seemed odd. But not odd enough to really bother me. Everything else was gold. Pure gold.

This show has easily leapfrogged Game of Thrones as my favorite television right now. I feel like there wasn't a single weak episode this whole season.

And I'm really glad we didn't get shown Emily dying. That would have reduced me to a blubbering wreck.

14. DCkid

That story by itself can pretty much bring grown men to tears.

I just read about it on CNN a few months back: A father goes 'badass' to save his family

#314 DCkid, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Didn't feel like a finale at all, Kind of had an unfinished vibe to me. Good, but not enough closure or wrap-up.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I still feel like this might be the case at some point. You have an unsolved case. The Indian on the loose. Betsy with a vision of her husband's peaceful future life in jeopardy. Doubt it. But wouldn't be surprised.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't know if I've ever been more impressed with a cast of actors as we saw this season. It would be hard to pick a favorite, because they were all so good. People that you think might not work in a role were perfect. Brad Garret? Jean Smart? Ted Danson? All Fantastic. The guy who played Dodd, Jeffrey Donovin, was great. Nick Offerman was hilarious. Patrick Wilson was terrific from beginning to end.

Can't wait to see what they come up with for season three.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure but Ohanzee or some character from season 1 could come back in season 3 as another mafia crime boss

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Hanzee is the crime boss from season 1 (with facial reconstruction)

http://fargo.wikia.com/wiki/Moses_Tripoli

And the two kids on the playground were the goons in season 1 (one was deaf, remember)

1 person likes this.
  20. DCkid

I missed the first season because I was too busy at the time, but decided to start watching the second season since it's on and I don't have to pay for it. =) And because I knew it was a different story arc.

These connections I've read about seem pretty cool though. Makes me more excited to watch the first season.