1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 12/5/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Fair enough

Where is it proven post-ups are ineffective? I think one of Davis' problems is that he has no post game. He could get his teammates more open shots from the paint and get easier shots for himself. Currently, he's a very good scorer, not great. I also wouldn't call him an elite rebounder either, or, at least his numbers don't show it. Somebody even called his defense overrated last season. He's still young, so time will tell how well he develops. Cousins has very good talent, but his FG (career 46.1%) has always been subpar for PF besides one season where he shot 49.5%. His defense is suspect and leadership is even worse. Davis' current level wouldn't be a top 5 player in the 80's/90's and Cousins wouldn't be top 20.

Props to Dwight for making the Finals, but he wouldn't have in the West. Now, if he could shoot like Davis (or anyone competent) and/or had a post game to compliment is elite rebounding and defense, he would've been at 80s/90s level for bigs and probably wins a title(s).

We can disagree though

#841 Houstunna, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I only said improved the 3pt shooting, nowhere I said "much improved" overall game.
    And Heypartner has it right, both are below their average, so why would you say "Cousins averages xy% now, Harden will average xy% at the end of the season", it's incredibly biased and nowhere honest.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kind of ironic. :rolleyes:

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

They're not ineffective in the sense that "don't use post-ups, they're bad", on average they're a bad play, for a few players that exist at the very top end (e.g. Motiejunas was 3rd last year), they're still a good play, if you get stuck on a far smaller/weaker opponent, they're a good play, if your opposing number can't defend them to save their life, they're a good play, but you'd not want to build an offense around them unless they're in category 1 and can do them in large volumes. No one in the league really fit that last year, it wasn't by accident, the post up is a situational option, not something you build a team around anymore.

#844 Aleron, Dec 7, 2015
  5. jefferytop

jefferytop Member

Most of the Harden haters are undercover LOFs or McGrady nuthuggers. Just beware and don't take them too seriously. Any fool can tell the difference between honest criticism from just pure blind hate, and the sad thing is i've been seeing the latter far more frequently on this board lately

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We can also tell that late 2015 accounts who defend Harden on every occasion and call other people LOFs and McGrady nuthuggers may not be honest first-time accounts.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kind of awkard how hoopball and boozer got banned on Nov 30 and now a guy with the completely same persona registered on Nov 30.

8. jefferytop

jefferytop Member

Kind of awkward some people doesn't even know how to spell 'awkward' correctly. But not as much awkward as Lin's hair.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, little typo. Enjoy your posting time while it lasts, reported you for having multiple accounts even after you were banned.

10. jefferytop

jefferytop Member

Don't know what you're talking about. Just reported for false reporting.

11. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

That's exactly the argument you made in your original post genius.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, the same day hoopball and boozer13 got caught for being the account of the same user and banned, you randomly joined this board and randomly defend Harden again while bashing LOFs and McGrady "nuthuggers".

Everyone can see through your stupid nonsense, kid.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I said improved 3pt shooting and better season, which is correct. And would be good if you could explain why you use Cousins current fg% to say he's bad and then use a hypothetical end of the season fg% for Harden, maybe because his current one is even below Cousins?

14. jefferytop

jefferytop Member

Oh, I didn't realize it was a crime to defend Harden on a Rockets fan forum? Yup, should've known better.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Having multiple accounts is, as you know.

16. jefferytop

jefferytop Member

reported for insults and ad hominem attacks.

17. jefferytop

jefferytop Member

which I don't have? anyways, reported twice for false accusation and personal insults. good luck.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Will a Dec 7 account chime in next and defend you, while saying he had a personal conversation with me?

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Was thinking the same. How would someone from Nov '15 be so familiar with a "LOF" or "T-Mac nuthugger".

In B4 the predictable, "I was a creeper for years, then finally joined".

I figured the answer was, "it's a bad play if you're not good". What that tells me is kids straight up don't wanna learn while they're growing up. It's part of the Jordan effect and ESPN. Also tells me youngsters have had bad coaching growing up. The options (due to spacing) an offense has once the ball is in the paint are tremendous. It's easier to get open 3's and hit cutters when you're inside. You're also not risking a charge or mishandling the ball when you're not trying to dribble through 3 defenders.

#859 Houstunna, Dec 7, 2015
  20. jefferytop

jefferytop Member

glad you finally figured it out. btw, these irrational foaming-at-the-mouth harden haters are not even real rockets fans, and they actually get noticeably bitter and sulk when harden has a good game and we win. they'd rather see we lose with harden struggling. i'm not kidding. always keep in mind you're not dealing with honest critics here.