1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Leftovers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jun 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

two more

2. red

red Contributing Member

Ahhhh damn. Have no idea what's gonna happen. Liv Tyler be crazy.

3. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

forrealdoe. she's seriously rising up list of favorite psychos in tv/movies.
    really hated the "lost in translation-ish"cliffhanger in not knowing what the mother wanted to say to her.

also, how badarse is this country cover of "the promise" by sturgill simpson that was played during this episode?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-eWJmN8D820" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The writer for this show is a 2-bit hack. The whole mystery and supernatural events taking place is a cop out for the show and he plans on doing everything he did in Lost.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This show is weird and I may end up in the looney bin if this keeps up.

That part where Liv told the guy she banged I wanted to get you pregnant...damn.

I might understand it better...on shrooms or acid. It would make perfect sense then. I'm not sure what Liv wants to do on that bridge with a camper full of...lesbos? I think they may be making dildos out of C4.

I dunno what's going on. Wild, crazy stuff.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

More from this guy, please:

[​IMG]

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I kind of thought the insinuation was what she wanted to tell her was she wanted her ashes to be spread in space. Since that came up later on and definitely qualified as "stupid ****" that someone might say on their death bed (as explained by Theo Huxtable).

I really, REALLLLLLLY dislike Liv Tyler's character. I think she's gone absolutely nuts. Totally off the deep end (trying to get him pregnant? What the hell was THAT?) and I really, really hope her plan doesn't succeed.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Tyler's character feels even more dangerous than Patti. I've been thoroughly impressed by this season.

9. red

red Contributing Member

As was white lines.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm just really hoping Lindelof learned his lesson and actually has a pre-planned end game to all this nonsense. I'm keeping my extra-curricular research about all these "mysteries" to a minimum so I don't get burned like LOST. God I hate that show.

11. likestohypeguy

Have to be in it for the ride if you want to enjoy, like lost.

If you get enough out of the actors, scenes, story and all the weird ideas integrated, and aren't invested in seeing all the weird loose ends be perfectly tied,it will be okay. If you require a perfect ending, leaving no question ("wait what was all the ____ about?! Superfluous mystic concepts Makes you feel like you wasted your time, no way would I keep watching. This one isn't great so far by any means, but couldn't approach a show that way, as described above.

At some point they do need to start reeling some of this stuff in a little and soon, or else it won't even continue to be entertaining enough to enjoy just in that any more for me, even without being in it for the payoff.

12. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Anyone that is hoping for ANY kind of answer on the mysteries of this show needs to listen closely to the song that plays over the introduction to each episode this season. They ain't answering any of it. They never intended to. That's not what this show is about.

13. Commodore

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-eWJmN8D820?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Think I'll just ... let the mystery be.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rLSH-81yT7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That said, what exactly are the mysteries that people are trying to figure out. I thought there was just one ... The Takening. I guess Jardin is supposed to have one, too,,, no one disappeared from there. What are the others?

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow. I held off on watching season 2 until it was well on its way. And this is quite a step up from season 1. Great cast. A fun story. Regina King. Dude playing her husband who is just killing it. Liv Tyler.

I hope the show writers/creators change their mind and decide to explain WTF the departures actually are.

16. GRENDEL

Get where you are coming from but in the end, very few answers would be really satisfying.

17. Commodore

I"m a bit confused on the timeline of when Meg visited Jardin. The story wasn't told in sequence was it?

18. GRENDEL

I believe it was after the Departure and before she broke off her engagement.

19. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

The departure is the main one. But there has been a lot of things happen this season that could potentially be either supernatural events (Kevin seeing Patti all the time) or just people going nuts (either because of brain instability or from post-traumatic stress from the departure). Things I could see people wishing they had an answer on:

• Kevin's sleepwalking
    • Earthquake that was bizarrely timed to save Kevin from killing himself
    • Theo Huxtable being able to contact Meg's dead mother
    • Nobody in Jarden being taken as part of the Departure
    • Matt's wife waking up suddenly and then lapsing back into veggie state
    • The weird buried bird survival

That's all I can think of at this time. A vast majority of that could be explained as people being crazy or dreaming stuff. The Theo Huxtable thing was the first event in a while that seemed to unequivocally prove that some kind of supernatural event was happening there. Have no idea about the bird thing.

But like I say, I doubt any of it will get answered. We got an answer, finally, on the secondary departure. The girls did not depart. Now for my part that introduced a whole other mystery (albeit not really supernatural) of why in the hell these girls ever would have gotten involved with the Guilty Remnant to begin with. We may get that one answered. Maybe not.

20. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I think the most unrealistic part about this show is how ridiculously in shape Kevin is despite his failing mental health and his lack of going to the gym. He doesn't even run anymore.