1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Day Harden Lost the City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 14, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not giving harden a pass, he's showed bad leadership this season and the record shows.

He's not reached Hakeem or Moses level, but we know he can take us to the conference finals.

That hasn't happened since Barkley.

2. ibm

ibm Member

ok, tinman. this sounds a lot better (also clearer).

sometimes your post can be annoying to me. but for some reason i still like you as a fellow cf. smh. :p:cool:

maybe we have some common ground, and that is being a rockets fan. and we both believe team over any individual player (just a guess~)...

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Ibm

I know you are true fan, maybe truer than me.

But definitely truer than those mcgrady fans swvyguy and Yung-T! !!

4. boozer13

boozer13 Member

bias IS problematic because by definition it blinds the individual to the objective facts and truths, hence making it impossible to come to consensus when discussing any issue. I say sky is blue. you say it is red. who's right? oh.. i don't know maybe look up and find out? fact are all that matters. any idiot can form personal opinions based on fantasy, but is worth nothing the moment you enter the debate room. this is common sense, yet somehow your hatred towards certain players clearly seems to be preventing you from thinking straight.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm happy we don't have jeremy lin.
    So is god

6. boozer13

boozer13 Member

exactly. I've said in numerous times that i don't give a damn about 99% of criticisms of Harden on this board because they are mostly fair and deserving. If Harden actually has a bad game, then trust me you won't see me defending him at all. i only have issue when certain LOFs and McGrady Homers display their clear bias and hatred towards certain players, which are not based on facts. i don't get why some people are reacting so pissy, if they don't fall under that category.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Keep it in the Lin thread ladies

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Did Yung-T bring up Lin on this thread?
    If he compared Lin to Harden then he should compare Lin to Mcgrady.

Only fair.

And it's sad that people don't get that the other team is game planning for Harden, while Lin is basically on the second team on Charlotte where the real threat is Jeremy lamb.

9. boozer13

boozer13 Member

no he didn't bring Lin up first, but after doing some research and finding out he has a history of defending Lin, I wanted to know if he was a LOF or not. that's why I kinda baited him to respond to the Lin GIFs, and surely he said some preposterous things to confirm my belief (like saying Lin is one of the best defenders in the Hornets roster right now, when the stats clearly show that he is a minus defender)

anyhow, even he is not a LOF, he certainly defends Lin way more often than Harden, which is odd if you are a true Rockets fan, you know what I mean.
    I think he certainly has a negative bias towards Harden due to his McGrady Homerism and should not be taken seriously from now on.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

This title is based on the day tmac lost the city of houston, which was written by Clutch.

Harden hasn't lost the city, but he's lost his edge and motivation he had last year.

Sadly curry is the one acting like he has something to prove.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Why would you bait him? Do you 'research' everyone on message boards, that's pretty depressing tbh

12. boozer13

boozer13 Member

well, if by research you mean simple google search that only takes 30 seconds, then yeah i'm guilty of doing that. and remember, this all started when Yung-T basically called Harden trash and a liability for the team when he literally posted the 8th best game for any player in the season against the Philly (according to ESPN), and never gave Harden any credit for his 50 points performance, which raised my suspicion quite a bit.

If you praise Harden when he plays well, and have some thorny things to say when he plays bad, that's totally fair and acceptable. But when there is literally nothing that Harden can do to elicit positive reaction from someone, then you know that person is not being 100% honest in their criticisms and more likely harbors ulterior motives or hidden agendas (like purposefully sabotaging certain player's reputation in order to make his idol look good in comparison) and yes, having history of often defending Lin and being a McGrady Homer certainly does not help your case.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Andrew Gaze and Chris Jent won rings.

Both were equally irrelevant to playoff success as McGrady.

14. boozer13

boozer13 Member

yeah, i don't even like curry that much, but you gotta give him huge credit for playing even better than his last MVP season, not many players can have that mindset. most become just complacent, but certainly not him. i just hope GS don't beat the 72-10 season record of the Bulls, that would make me really sad.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Second account confirmed. Reported.

16. boozer13

boozer13 Member

what? i never said i was hoopball. this was about the private conversation i had with Yung-T, not this thread, but nice try tho.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's so much worse than last year.

Harden plz.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Reported you to Clutch for having a 2nd account, hoopball.

1. I never had a private conversation with this "boozer" persona, so that's a lie.

2. "no he didn't bring Lin up first, but after doing some research and finding out he has a history of defending Lin, I wanted to know if he was a LOF or not. that's why I kinda baited him to respond to the Lin GIFs, and surely he said some preposterous things to confirm my belief (like saying Lin is one of the best defenders in the Hornets roster right now, when the stats clearly show that he is a minus defender)

This just again shows how incredibly stupid you are, even a kindergarten kid would realize it after this post where you flat-out post as hoopball, it's so embarassing.
    And certainly no coincidence how you do this after I embarassed you as hoopball, who suddenly never replied to this thread again.

I think everyone can see that you're an incredibly stupid and biased Harden only fan who went nuts after me critizicing your beloved idol. And even more funny, it is a result of your below kindergarten-level comprehension skills.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

See he's been already banned, thanks Clutch.

And now to tinman:

Do you really think my criticism of Harden is because of McGrady?

Do you really think me, a Rockets fan since 96/97, who went with this team through thick and thin would hate on our franchise player because of a player who's long gone?

In fact, I would be extremely happy if we had a franchise player that led us to championships and better times, but I just don't see it in Harden and it shows nearly every game with his effort and decisions. Switch Harden for someone like Curry, Durant, LeBron, or at least someone skilled who gave it all each game and didn't create more attention with locker room problems, incredibly bad defense and effort, icing out teammates, having an extremely questionable personal life that seems to affect his offseasons and game-performances.

I'm a fan of the ROCKETS, everything else comes 2nd and doesn't affect me rooting for this team or its players one bit.
    I'd even change my mind on Harden and root for him if he gave it all and showed us his passion from now on.

I know you're smarter than this hoopball kid, so think about it.

1 person likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Margrave would roll over in his grave

You have nothing on him