1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Day Harden Lost the City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

james just needs a fresh start

shave the beard

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I've been a diehard Rockets fan since they moved to Houston. Some of those early years were tough and the period between Moses and Dream was just dreadful. In addition, I've been a lifelong Oilers and Astros fan so you could say I know the anguish that sports can bring.

This Rockets team is a mystery to me. They were so close last year that I expected them to become even stronger and more resilient this year. Thinking about the teams that were challenged before they became champions: The Pistons losing to the Celtics, the Bulls losing to the Pistons, the Rockets making the WCF and losing in tough fashion. Think about McHale's Celtics being challenged by the pretty-boy Lakers and the Lakers by the grind-it style of the Celtics. Throughout the history of the NBA there has been a theme of talented teams getting beat up before they break through.

I truly thought the Rockets would be one of those teams and that this was going to be a notice year. I expected a hot start and a drive that came from the belief that with everyone healthy, the Rockets were the best team in the NBA. Obviously, I have yet to see that.

I'm still on the fence and willing to wait, mostly based on potential and hope rather than anything concrete. That said, I can't shake the feeling that this is the most disappointing team I've followed in all those years when looking at talent and expectations vs. outcomes.

1 person likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beautiful post.
    You don't have to mention you are a diehard rockets fan.
    It's assumed

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Agree that these guys have been a massive disappointment so far but I also still hope that this thing gets turned around.

5. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden's defense..... <a href="https://t.co/3xp4wuvOdH">https://t.co/3xp4wuvOdH</a></p>&mdash; NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/666700690589249536">November 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There's time. We're running out of time, but there's time. Up to the team to decide when they want to turn it around. The talent is obviously there.

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Harden is just pathetic right now and isn't it funny we are suggesting getting a coach or player who actually has to be able to motivate this fat piece of **** to do his job which he gets millions for to do so? There is zero excuse. Off the court problems or on the court, you always show effort when you care. This guy doesn't and I don't care about him.

8. malakas

malakas Member

If any news comes out that Harden was out partying before tomorrows game I will join the people with the pitchforks.

9. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Stay positive and hang in there. As an old timer myself, I truly can relate and understand.

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

smh...I dont even know what to say

11. i3artow i3aller

Beard rarely shows effort or interest these days as there's been no energy or focus.
    It reminds me of the T-Mac 'Toronto Game' only it's been nearly every game of the season and not due to injuries.

12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

That was disgraceful. But Brewer was just as pathetic if not more so.

13. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

is that a double team trap?

14. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

im uploading a video of stephanie not guarding his man at all.. lets see if adam silver takes it down

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden only fans are just a bad as lin and tmac only fans

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Blind fans' excuse making is entertaining.

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

The New York game...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q00-Xxl3wLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Really? Yes he should've guy back but Terry got clothes lined and no call. He was expecting a whistle

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Even when kobe was getting by on rep defensively, he gave competitive effort. Dirk has never been a great or even good defender, but he gave effort. As long as you compete defensively, nobody will complain, but when you dont even try, then the coach is handcuffed and the team cant win anything.

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I thought itd be a series of multiple plays. Just ONE? That doesnt indicate anything.