1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thibs to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thabeet, Nov 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm suddenly warming up more to thibs on our sideline..

2. Nook

Nook Member

I think the reputation Thibs has a defensive coach causes people to believe he is a terrible coach when it comes to offense. Thibs isn't a terrible offensive coach, he just isn't special.

Thibs did a good job redesigning the offense through Noah.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know what thabeet, youve tricked me before so i dont believe you.

4. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

They still stuck on d.. Better than when the season started but still bad

5. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

:( and to think, Morey could of had both Kawhi Leonard and Butler in 2011...and maybe even still get Harden one year later.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yes, that's obvious, which is why I asked if Thibs wants that kind of pressure. For Les to go back on his word, it means he wont accept losing this year...so Thibs wouldnt be entering a normal situation, with time to change things. He'd have to get results immediately, so why would a coach want to go into that situation?

8. Raven

Raven Member

Rockets had no choice but to give the new coach a vote of confidence, otherwise he'd have no authority in the locker room.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And how does that change with Thibs? Players wont have any reason to believe Thibs won't be fired, if they keep losing. That's not the environment you want to set up for a team.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Would love Thibs

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Thibs is a real coach, kinds hard to compare him to JB who is 36 yrs old and never been a head coach ever. He's been mchales lackey for 5 years now how can u even compare thibs to him.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Probably his brother Dom Dibodeau. :p:rolleyes:

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Thibs will not be afraid to bench any person on the team for sucking or not trying. Plus Harden credited Thibs for a lot of his success from last year

14. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

A coaching change needs to be made. I don't buy the whole JB 1 year trial.

Our team is in no way structured for a tank or rebuild. We have too many veteran pieces and not enough immediate high-end assets. We have great mid level assets for trades, but nothing special to keep for ourselves.

We can't just continue to take this year off from winning. We need to make the change to a reputable coach and hope that's all we need to instill the discipline required to start winning. Just remember, this is almost the exact same team that made the WCF.
    We didn't just magically become a bad team because we have bad players. We became bad due to pure lack of effort and discipline. So things can turn around. As long as we can turn it around enough to avoid GSW in the first round. I don't see the point in turning the season around to get an 8th seed.

When Dwight's contract is up, that's when we can actually think about which direction to go (rebuild or remain a contender). Right now, we're locked in to the "all in" or "win now phase" (even if we're not actually winning now).

15. pippsux

pippsux Member

Morey should get it done before he goes to another team.....Again!!!!
    This is fight for 8 seed at This point....jb is Not ready for the prima donas we have.

If not Les should send Morey packing, its looking more and more that last season was the best this team could offer.

16. basketballholic

Don't know why Les and Daryl dug themselves in so deep with JB. It's almost as if they're prepared to throw in the towel if nothing changes over the next few games. JB isn't going to be able to turn this group around and head them towards a championship. It's starting to become obvious already.

17. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't surprise me. Thibs is a big name and Les likes name chasing.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He's also a good coach

19. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I found it strange they publicly came out saying JB had the job for the remainder of the season.
    But you know what.... in most sports, the owners, GM's etc back the coach publicly. Doesn't mean a week later they don't fire them!
    So whilst they publicly backed JB and said he's there for the rest of the season, I don't for a second buy it that they won't replace him if a better long term solution comes along ie Thibs.
    How else would it look to the fans, media and players if they said JB is the interim coach. Players (both the current roster and anyone they are chasing) want stability.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think we've already established it's not the coaching that's the issue right now...if thibs.comes in and the.players are still.slacking, do you think Les is going to sit back because Thibs is a real coach? He's going to be gone, too, or Les will become a joke. People will know it wasn't about winning, but getting McHale out.

Thibs isn't going to go out there and shoot threes for them..