1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It looka like a bomb

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps an attorney can chime in, but my impression on these suits is that you ask for the moon out of the gate, with the idea that you'll end up with a fraction of that after appeals, etc.

In other words, in asking for fifteen million, you don't expect to actually get fifteen million.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I hope he gets it and everyone loses their jobs.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah we should inspire more kids to be the victim of prejudice!

Maybe someone should let the villain be the idiots who put him in handcuffs.

4. Nook

Nook Member

I have done a lot of litigation.

There are some that ask for a huge amount out the gate with the understanding that they will only get a small portion once the matter settles. It is becoming less common though. Personally I find it stupid. All it does it make the defendant/insurance company spend more money/resources on the case and dig their feet in and prepare for trial.

5. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I hope they don't get a penny. This was conceived as a scheme for attention from the very start.

Public humiliation? The kid's family is the one that released the story and photos to social media. The school didn't.

Not only should they not get a penny, but their right of entry into the U.S should be revoked for pulling this stunt.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Considering that they are U.S. citizens, how do you propose to find the legal authority to issue/enforce your proposal of exiling them from the country?

Let me know when you figure it out, Trumpy.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

How did your legal rationale work out for Al Awlaki?

pwn3d

8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yeah, bomb this kid and his family into the Stone Age! Then we'll see what kind of "clocks" he can build.

[​IMG]

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Loldum.

10. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

$15 million would be quite a haul for taking apart a clock and putting it into a brief case.

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Exactly. Publicity stunt

Wouldn't be surprised if the dad was behind it to fund his presidential campaign

12. krnxsnoopy

Haha hahhaa oh my.... this right here... lol

Victim mentality. Do you even know what transpired here or do you just see a Muslim person and instantly think prejudice? Read between the lines. This was fishy from the start and this lawsuit only confirms it.

1 person likes this.
  13. krnxsnoopy

This is on par with the balloon boy hoax and that crazy ass family

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This kid and his family has been well compensated for any injustice they had to endure. Even so, I don't have a problem with the school or police department facing penalties for botching how poorly they handled it. Maybe give any monetary fines to charity or something.

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Niether would I.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

$15 million? I think it is obvious now what was going on.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think what is ridiculous is that people somehow think the father planned to have his kid bring a fake bomb to school so he could get arrested and then use it to get $15 million dollars.

I mean, seriously? That's the level of twisted rationalization that is being used to attack a 14 year old kid as a con-artist???

Your bias is showing.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's less ridiculous than buying in to the notion that the kid took the guts out of a commercially manufactured clock, put them in a pencil case and just really wanted to show off "his invention" that wasn't an invention class after class, even setting up alarms to go off in the middle of class after he was told by a previous teacher that people might get the wrong idea so he should keep it in his backpack......and he was doing it all innocently.

I mean, we need laughably naive people in the world, but I truly pity them.

This was a very obvious intentional stunt and far too many otherwise intelligent people bought in hook, line, and sinker.

19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Once again, reflects poorly on western muslims who claim to be victimized.

Religious when it suits you, otherwise bloodthirsty and capitalistic to the max.

Looking to take advantage of the Western legal system while looking the other way when women are stoned for speaking out of turn. It's never our own fault - always the big, bad, Americans.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You really think any parent would think to send their kid to school with a clock that looked like a fake bomb knowing it would get their kid arrested with the end goal of moving his family out of the states and getting 15 million for it?