1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racial Hysteria Triumphs on Campus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 10, 2015.

1. amaru

amaru Member

Even to say that there is a "Nigerian" or "Ghanaian" culture is limiting. Nigeria, one of the places I have traced my ancestry to, is estimated to have over 500 ethnic groups....some say that is an underestimate.

African-American culture is also very diverse. It draws on various African traditions, European traditions and to a lesser extend native american and chinese traditions.

So yes there are definitely culture difference between African-Americans and other black/African ethnic groups. This is why you shouldn't assume a person is African-American simply because they are black in the U.S.

All that being said, I harbor no ill will towards African-Americans. I am quite proud of my African-American roots. My ears perk up when my older African-American relatives tell us stories about our ancestors. I just don't like the other parts of my family being excluded by the American obsession with placing all black people in the African-American ethnic group.

2. bmd

bmd Member

You're only fooling yourself. It was very clear from the video how the crowd as a whole felt about what she said.

A comedian (or anybody who talks in front of crowds often) can tell right away the crowd isn't really into it... even if they don't "boo". Which is the case in this video. The crowd very clearly didn't feel what she was saying. There were even several individuals who expressed their objection openly.

Like I said, you're only lying to yourself. The video was clear to any objective person.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Now I've seen it all. They're upset that Paris is stealing their spotlight.

[​IMG]

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If they were smart, they would be glad that the Paris tragedy has redirected attention away from their fiasco. They were thoroughly humiliating themselves and were in the process of bringing their agenda to its knees, even if they do not realize it.

This was a break for them and I expect that leading leftists, especially those associated with the Democratic presidential campaigns, are glad to see the focus on this mercifully recede, at least for a little while.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow - You are saying your evidence is based on a comedian's perspective - are you a comedian? Because you aren't very funny. I don't know how anyone can tell from a video tape at a match the percentage / number of people booing.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes if one person on Twitter says something, it means everyone like them thinks the exact same way.

Let's apply your logic - there's a bigot in Texas, that means all of them are bigots! Good job!

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The only person talking in terms of "all" or "none" here is you. Physician, heal thyself.

9. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Agreed..

Her story didn't fit the narrative of the protest. Hence, she was interrupted, quickly shutdown/ removed from the stage.

Goes to show you these protests aren't about open discourse, or fairness for everyone. It's about trying to make up for "injustices" for black people only.

Unforunately the way communication works, it needs to be two-way. Deaf ears get deaf ears in response. Human nature.

#330 krnxsnoopy, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

racial hysteria!!!

[​IMG]

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Where are the white leaders at to denounce this kind of racist behavior?

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lol, do you really think a white racist Harvard student did that?

13. Northside Storm

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ial-climate/KqHBA90H00S2AIXqBfWF4J/story.html

no, it's a false flag operation. people just like drama, you know. Anything racist, up to and including a shooting of a peaceful protest, has to be the work of somebody who is "mentally ill" or planted.

"That's some Mizzou BS that there were these racist incidents! Where are the photos!"
    "That's some Harvard Law BS with the photos! Where is the culprit!"

lol

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Probably someone who is NOT student, trying to stir things up.
    They see me trollin', they hatin',
    patrolin trying to catch me trollin',
    trying to catch me trollin'

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Unless there's security cam footage, we have no idea who did that. Could have been a local white 13 year old girl who was bored. Could have been a janitor. Could have been the president of Harvard, or an African American member of the cheerleading squad.

That's part of the problem about having an uproar over vandalism. It solves nothing while just encouraging more acts of juvenile vandalism.

16. Northside Storm

Part of the problem is a host of people who think that their "rights to free expression are violated" every time they hear about someone yelling at someone else. Ironically, they completely dismiss or seek to trivialize what people are trying to express with similar or even more serious harms:
    The kids are goddamned loony bins, or psychologically weak, or some crap. And anything and everything is a false flag. You're right to say that there is no proof either way of who did this (certainly more than enough proof it was done), but I find it telling how many people jump to which conclusions, and what is seen as an "overreaction" and what is not.

#337 Northside Storm, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  17. Mr. Clutch

I think it's stretch to say these campuses are hotbeds of racism

18. Northside Storm

That's not what people who have experienced racism on campus are saying. I feel like they'd know a lot more about that: to the extent that you can trivialize their observations, it is to paint students, in a broad brush, as deranged, mentally weak, pathological liars. Which is exactly what most media sources are doing, ironically enough.

19. Mr. Clutch

*a small percentage of students

Trivialize is a big sjw signal word. Is that what's happening?