1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones can not be a starter on a championship caliber team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mdoggnic, May 3, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, the subject of this thread is just an obvious statement. Jones is so terrible in the playoffs that if he's starting, it'll bring the team down.....exactly like it almost did to the Rockets last year before they benched him.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Fixed

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If we do a pie chart of your 18.65 posts per day, I'm betting the above repetitive post comprises 1.89 of them. Do you really post this 2 times a day?

[​IMG]

4. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Can we trade this dude already

5. basketballholic

1. Not until you admit he cannot even be a rotation player on a championship contender.

2. When you finally admit that...he'll have lost all his trade value anyways.

Deja Vu

Feels like I've been here before. But....I haven't. I was somewhere else, another time in space, when I told this board that Terrence could neither be a starter nor a rotation player on a championship team and if he played over 20 minutes per game in the playoffs we would lose. Doh, that was in like November of 2013...wasn't it? dobro probably still in denial I bet.

6. ibm

ibm Member

stop calling this team "championship caliber". it never was.

7. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

1. Im cool with him not being in the rotation. Id much rather watch Harrell get his minutes. In an ideal world DMo would be starting, Harrell would be the backup, and TJones would be playing elsewhere.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe if we bump this thread enough like the McHale thread we can get him traded.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

get the hell out of here with that..... the whole team is not championship caliber at this point no matter how great or illustrious the names are

In fact many are just a tad more than your normal one dimensional players

10. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

scapegoat

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's funny NY how you all wait until after he has a bad game before you come crawling from under your rocks. Where were you all last week when he was the only one balling?

12. basketballholic

I was right here. He balled against subpar opponents. When he comes up against a good opposing player he folds everytime. Terrence is in the bottom third of NBA bigs. He's a 9-12 man on an NBA roster.

13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

This. Spot on. They were laying in the weeds for some time just waiting to jump on him lol. Predictable as usual.

14. Classic

Classic Member

TJ is garbage. We bet on this guy over Josh Smith... the guy who got us into the WCF

and i thought Parson's pump fakes were annoying

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He might be the odd man out but let us be honest

James Harden will probably never be as hard of a worker as the MVP Curry.

He has better talent but he does not have the entire package.

You are building around this flawed superstar again to begin with.... so yeah

maybe James cannot be the No 1 option on a championship caliber team too and his salary should be reduced accordingly.

So instead of concentrating on TJ or DMo, you might focus on THAT.

16. HTM

HTM Member

Never seen so many blown lay- ups vs. The Knicks in my life

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Who cares other than you? Like the above poster mentioned, TJ is the scapegoat here especially now that McHale is gone.

Yeah... TJ looks subpar against elite competition because he is subpar against elite competition. This was never a point of contention because the argument was never that. The argument was moving him for the sake of making you and Bobbythenotsogreat happy vs. actually keeping a productive role player that might be needed due to a very light big man rotation.

Now we are getting to the point, depressingly enough, to where trading him for an asset becomes a reality because, again... depressingly, the Rockets aren't a contender and are looking like they are headed for the lottery. At this point regaining assets, grooming talent, and gaining cap flexibility rise up in importance again. Back in July that didn't look like the case and it was obvious that we needed solid role players, and depth at the big spots.

Now we need to be careful about scapegoating Jones. He's far from the Rockets worst problems, and does not deserve the blame. Honestly I know you will never admit it, but all the negative energy you and Bobby directed at TJ needs to be acknowledged and accounted for. You and him spent so much time and energy making him out to look like Hitler among the fans when really he's at least putting some effort in this year un-like a good majority of the other Rockets players, and coaches that are already fired.

1 person likes this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

Great post Dobro.
    What has happened here is that three posters (mainly two) have for years created a hating campaign.
    Now that things don't go well people try to find someone to blame. And who else than T.Jones the easy target and scapegoat..
    Every mistake he makes is singled out and magnified and smh he's the main reason for all the problems.
    As soon as DMO comes back and T.Jones is off the team we will magically become contenders again.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think last year showed that's not true. You can win with Harden in the right mind-frame and right situation. Its just that, not unlike other stars of the past, they are an un-reliable superstar with personality & leadership question marks. But you absolutely can win big with Harden, and he's our best chance of winning a title in the next 5 years. That being said, you are accepting the yearly risk of implosion at any given point just sort of like with Iverson in his prime.

I think it is worthwhile to look at the Iverson situation, and see what worked for him to get to the Finals, and what it will take for Harden to get back to the top again. I think you can see where I'm going... surround Harden with tough nosed defenders, and let him go to work on offense.

Back to TJ.... I don't think TJ is the odd man out... I think he's one of many odd men that are about to be out. Love him or hate him, Harden is still our best shot, and Morey has alot of work to do to rebuild around Harden IF this season doesn't turn around quick.

1 person likes this.
  20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Quit smoking bro.... Ur gonna complain about harden who makes 15 mil a season that's a bargain even if he never improves on how he's playing right now. Which is stupid anyways because he's been great for 3 years straight and mvp caliber just last season. But no we should Jump the gun and claim he sucks because of 14 sub par games for him even tho he's top 3 in ppg top 10 in assist top 10 in rebounds for guards top 10 in stls and top 10 in blks for guards.

He's not even playing well admitly but yes still putting up numbers and keeping us in games that we should I be losing by even more. I thought James was the problem a week ago not I see it's not him it's everyone else he's actually playing defense and it's not maing a difference because everyone on the team isn't raising their Fg% but him.

Dwights a bum and needs to play every game there's nothing wrong with him he looks fine he didn't even practice of play preseason. Bev is always hurt brew is getting better actually but he was so bad it's no enough Ariza is consistent terry shouldn't even be playing ty sucks so far and jones don't even get me started the dude is a blk hole he never passes when he gets the ball and can't finish around the rim to save his life.

If jones would even convert half his attempts around the goal we would have 2 more wins right now and be 7-7