1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bickerstaff to remain head coach for remaining season.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 18, 2015.

1. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

:/ staff bickers

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

****.... This is tough.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Season is over.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, he has.

Leslie Alexander on JB Bickerstaff: "For the season he's going to be the interim coach. We'll worry about coaching searches later"

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Meh, he deserves a shot. I know people will say that he's the same as McHale but we really don't know that. Also this means Finch will have a louder voice and hopefully more of an impact.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Basically les is saying he's done with this terrible season. They'll figure out the rest of the coaching problems in off season

7. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

At this point, it wouldn't hurt to give the guy a chance.

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Maybe this means that roster changes are coming as well.

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I wonder if KJ will play more under Bicks. He values D and KJ can play it.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yea, I don't believe it one bit. If Thibs comes calling next month with a coaching staff ready, they'll can JB in an instant.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

#TankforBenSimmons

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Basically punting the season if true, I really think we need to clean house with the coaching staff.

13. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

I'm hoping he's just a way to ease in to Thibs. Going straight to Thibs would be quite the culture shock. Bring in a watered down version to gradually get the mind set there before bringing in the big guns.

14. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Totally understandable. As I said in another thread, you don't go hiring a big name (I.e big money) coach when there's major signs that your franchise player has serious attitude problems that translate to losses. If Harden is (or shows signs of becoming) a locker room cancer, why pay $10-20M for a top tier coach who will just be ignored. Better to see if Harden can turn it around without making a premature investment.

15. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I like JB's half time interviews, but to me he is still a part of the McHale system. If he can't have at least an 8-2 record over the next ten, and I don't care who we play, then I would replace him and the entire coaching/training staff completely. Then you get in a new coach to see what he likes and get input from him about changes that need to be made by the trade deadline this year.

I would not punt this entire season already and just give it to JB if he can't get an immediate response from the team. We are still talented enough to make noise in the playoffs, as long as we MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I wouldn't read too much into this. They wanna give JB a shot which I'm fine with. He has a soft schedule the rest of this month(and frankly through X-Mas) to show what he's got. If the team continues to flounder under the remaining coaching staff, I would imagine Les will throw a lot of money(and possibly personnel control) Thibs' way.

17. jk103

jk103 Member

I'm glad JB is getting a shot, always heard good things about him. I don't think inserting a new head coach into a new team with a new staff without a training camp or prep time is a good idea. Throwing an unfamiliar coach into a new system is just asking for trouble.

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

If Bickerstaff does really really well, then he gets to come back. If the Rockets fail to do as well as they did last year, then Bickerstaff will be gone, and the Rockets hire a coach that can recruit Durant.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Like I said, at the end of the day, his success as coach will depend on one thing... accountability. Does he hold the players accountable? If he does, then he can definitely be successful.

20. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member