1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

A few thoughts:

-until last night, Holly Holm has been very underwhelming in the UFC. She might be Rousey's kryptonite but she can't beat Tate or even Pena.
    -Jackson/Winkeljohn just solidified itself as the best MMA gym in the world (which is great because Uncle Dana hates Greg Jackson)
    -Rousey probably has the weakest coaches/gym of any UFC elite fighter. I don't think she wins a rematch unless she gets real coaching at a real MMA gym. But she won't.
    -Rousey lost that fight by having absolutely no preparation as much as Holly won it with her skills.
    -the game plan for defeating Rousey is pretty simple on paper but Holm was the first to even attempt it. Everyone else has tried to overwhelm her up close and that's where she thrives. Props to Holm and her coaches and training partners.
    -I hope this humbles Rousey because her lack of sportsmanship and class was horribly annoying.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Glad to see that <a href="https://twitter.com/RondaRousey">@RondaRousey</a> lost her championship fight last night. Was soundly beaten - not a nice person!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/666045638245810176">November 16, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Rousey lost this because she was damn near unrecognizable. She got off the steroids which made her lose alot of muscle mass. She finally looked like a girl

5. Buck Turgidson

I didn't know who she was until this morning, but my one thought is: I would let her do naughty fun things to me, and vice versa

[​IMG]

6. Victorious

Victorious Member

the fanboys say that a mma fighter will always beat a boxer. well not always lol

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

dw that guy thinks Golovkin is boring and Rigondeaux is king there is no hope

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

she is better looking than i originally thought. cleans up well. and she does look like a fit amy schumer.

and trump is so ridiculous it's hilarious.

9. dragician

dragician Member

PERFECT. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

10. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

That left kick reminds me of cro-cop. I miss those days.

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lol now that is funny as hell.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, at low levels of MMA kickboxers stand a chance, and they always have a "puncher's chance" if the MMA fighter goes into the fight with an awful strategy like Rousey did.....but let's not fool ourselves into believing that actual boxers could make the switch with positive results in the men's game.

13. sew

sew Member

This guy right here is responsible for Rousey's fall.

Rousey’s coach: Holm wasn’t getting the better of Ronda in the striking

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/11/...holly-holm-didnt-better-striking-mma#comments

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Trainer speak. Guarantee there will be very little stand up next fight.

Rousey is too cocky, she wins if she stays with her bread and butter.

It was sweet to see Holm wreck her like that. I got tired of seeing Rousey time after time claiming she would beat any man'a ass.

I'd grab her by the shoulders and shake her until she passes out.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's not about MMA about boxing either. Mayweather would beat pretty much everyone in his weight division on the men's side if he just learned to protect himself on the ground. He's a once in a lifetime type athlete. There is a clip of him playing basketball with Isaiah Thomas and not looking stupid. I hate the dude, but he is a freak of nature.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Almost anyone in the UFC Lightweight division would make Mayweather their b**** in the octagon. Unlike boxing, you can't just hug people when they get close to you and wait on refs to separate you and then win on points. Mayweather would go for a hug and he'd be on his back getting destroyed in a matter of seconds.

He's great when it comes to boxing but the guy isn't a fighter.

17. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

holm trained MMA in less than 2 years lol, and was not a better boxer than mayweather was... If Mayweather trained with Jon Jones like Holly Holm no one could touch him

lol brock lesnar, a wwe star became wwe heavyweight champ.. that would never happen in boxing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eUx9OE7DZAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

19. sew

sew Member

Lesnar was also a Div I wrestling champ.