1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 11/14/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2015.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Same as Tmac - never takes PERSONAL responsibility.

That is not a leader.

DD

2. TheresTheDagger

What are you a Mchale lover?

What I ACTUALLY want is someone to hold the damn coach accountable so that MAYBE he will want to improve and hold his TEAM accountable. Or at the very least try a new freaking approach because the one he's using obviously ain't working.

Well, at least its obvious to anyone not named Mchale...and I guess Texanasiafan too.

3. ibm

ibm Member

wait until the next win, i bet ya it's all "i" or "me" in the interview. lol.

4. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Man... Some really high quality posts ahead of the game considering how it turned out.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The last guy was correct, lol.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, my post was sarcasm since the Rockets seem to think showing up is all they have to do.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brother give him the rest of year, don't forsaken him with that label

8. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

A couple other thoughts:

Blaming it ALL on McHale is just a convenient way to excuse the fact that Harden is a poor leader that is prone to put on poor performances and the fact that Morey really hasn't built a winning team. It's a collection of players that won't win. Last year was a fluke.

Ty Lawson isn't nearly the player that everyone thought he was. He was talked about on this board like he'd be the final piece of the puzzle, but he's just another point guard, but a bad fit here and has made this team demonstrably worse. Ironic given how much crap we all gave Mavs fans when they were excited about getting Rondo.

Dynamite turnout by the home fans tonight. Not sure it was ever full and on a Saturday night, no less. Then, down 12 with 3 minutes left, the crowd starts a mass exodus. The outlook wasn't great, but it wasn't hopeless.

Pathetic. I sometimes think this is the team that this city deserves.

9. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

:grin:

Ha ha ha, I guess he was!

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dirk on tonight's win: &quot;I said to the team, (forget) 2011. This is the greatest win in franchise history. That was so much fun to watch.''</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/665757324007510016">November 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Dirk is just trying to put salt on the wound! It was a game that the Rockets handed to them in a silver platter! Heck they didn't even have their shoes on till the middle of the 3rd quarter! It was more the Rockets playing pathetically than the Mavs playing like legends!

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I hear ya...good post....but at some point all roads gonna lead to McHale whether rightfully or so or not. I even said give Mchale time which technically he still should have but I think the clock is ticking but who really knows other than Les. If he still remains head coach and they head into Dec/Jan playing like this I think all bets are off. I was waiting til June but this can't keep going at this pace. Josh Smith all things considered I'm now seeing brought some True Grit to this team and I don't see it right now. Who's gonna bring it now? The other piece to this is that if Lawson was brought here not to control the ball and be a spot up 3 point shooter then we might as well consider this experiment today. That's not his strength and that's why he looks confused in my opinion among other reasons but that's the main indicator I'm seeing.

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

"The other piece to this is that if Lawson was brought here not to control the ball and be a spot up 3 point shooter then we might as well consider this experiment today a LOSS"...typo sill keyboard

14. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Bev may be a better option playing along side Harden currently, but he has sucked this year as well now that he has his loot he has not had the same edge that we know he can bring. What I would like to see the team eventually do is work Harden at the point and KJ at the 2. I think athletically and defensively that will serve the team with it's best back court on both sides of the ball.

15. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Lol did Dirk really say that? If so he's stupid

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This a broken team. We'll see if they're beyond repair very soon.

17. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

How the heck, we lost to their B team???

Just watched the highlights, was Harden recovering from a hang over? Terribly missed shots, dribbling the ball on his foot etc.

#1097 chow_yun_fat, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  18. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Make no mistake, I'm not saying McHale isn't a problem, because he is, I'm just saying that upgrading the coaching position isn't going to suddenly fix everything.

Lawson was doomed from the start. He needs the ball and Harden needs the ball. The Rondo/Ellis version that imploded for the Mavs last season should have been noted.

19. thejav

thejav Member

Just got back from the game..can't believe i payed money to watch them get blown out by the mavs backups. We just got killed by Raymond Felton and Charlie Villanueva..if that doesn't get Mchale fired then i don't know what will..

20. thejav

thejav Member

but no coaching change is going to fix the amount of open shots these guys miss..