1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Austin PSA] Do not drive on I-35 lower deck at night

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Oct 13, 2015.

1. myco

myco Contributing Member

I've live in Austin for a few years now and feel that it is in fact quite different from Houston. I don't have a strong opinion favoring one over the other, but Houston has much more diversity in ethnic makeup and cuisine.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Grew up in Houston. Lived in Austin from 1999 to Nov 2014. Moved back to Houston mostly because of work considerations. I went back to Austin for the first time this past weekend and I found that I didn't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would...except for the breakfast tacos.
    I loved living in Austin but Houston just has more to offer.

That said, I hope they find these assclowns that are endangering people's lives on I-35. They're going to need to put up cameras at the overpasses if this continues. They can't hope they'll get lucky and someone will see it before it kills a driver below. In fact, I drove on the lower deck not long before this current incident happened.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

These rocks have nearly killed one person. This guy was hit last year and he crashed, suffering serious injury in a broken jaw, aneurysm, and stroke. Whoever throws these rocks, and they're softball sized or bigger, are serious scum.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I remember this happening in Houston years ago, except they were being thrown from over passes onto 59 South I believe.

5. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Do not drive on I-35

Sound advice. The traffic alone should deter anyone.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If we're talking about traffic don't even bother driving in Austin period. Lol.

7. Buck Turgidson

You are correct. 59 between the spur and Greenway.

8. Buck Turgidson

Just gotta know when to come and go.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Touche. Its a mix of all the damn people from cali and the tech yuppies along with everybody that moved from some small town that thinks their **** dont stink now, cause you know, theyre in a hip 'big' city now.

This is the worst. Every god damn restaurant hostess/waitress has to ask where you're from now and do you know how to order? WTF? b**** its a restaurant, I think Ive been to one of those before. Plus that watery **** they call Kerbey queso now is worse than the stuff I could get at Taco C. I was so disappointed the last time I got it. It was a sad day. My whole trip was centered around getting that heavenly cheese that used to be.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I was never a fan of Kerby Lane while living there. The Pancake House on Parmer Ln and the 620 Cafe on 620 in Round Rock were far superior breakfast places.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Another car hit by a rock this Thursday near midnight. Cops think it was actually thrown from a car, so a drive-by rock? Either way, if it's dark out, don't use the lower decks if you can.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Austin is a rocking city!

DD

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Can't they install cameras there it something. I know it won't solve the problem but at least it will remove one spot

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Have you ever tried Magnolia's?
    Arguably better than both.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Round Rock, Tx!!!

16. Duncan McDonuts

Apparently, they have installed cameras. APD confirmed it, but they're being hush-hush on the specific locations in hope to catch the dumb criminals.

Personally, I think they should've gone with sentry guns.

17. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

There is no vibe in Austin. The only thing that separates Austin from Dallas is the food trucks. Dallas has been trying to close the gap (the truck yard). 6th is basically = to uptown Dallas now.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

magnolia cafe is legit!

19. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Glorified ihop

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why are you trolling this thread? it's for Austin people who drive on the highways.

go to Ihop then, if you can't tell the difference between Magnolia and Ihop, i don't think you can tell the difference on many things.