1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE RICK SMITH!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ipaman, Oct 26, 2015.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Derek Carr is really good

2. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Yep...

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

But is he Filo good?

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Only people with an agenda would think so.

5. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans don't think so.

6. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Carr 4 TD and the raiders have Khalil mack. Thanks Rick

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They have quite the pedigree in drafting QB's

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>"But he's David Carr's brother.... You can't draft him!"Wow</p>&mdash; Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/663469550852112384" data-datetime="2015-11-00T21:34:02+00:00">November 0, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

There is no guarantee that Derek would have performed better here than he is in Oakland. Very different circumstances.

Khalil Mack tho.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That's still better than not drafting him in large part because of who is brother was.... like you said, very different circumstances.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

So true.

12. MystikArkitect

Yeah but does he flash like Clowney though? Does Derek flash like XSF? Need more flashing.

13. baubo

baubo Member

If that's the case, the Texans coaching staff should be collectively fired for not being able to develop a QB that the f-ing Raiders can.

Has it come to the point where the Texans look up to the Raiders as sign of competent management? "man, Derek Carr is good, but you don't know what would've happened if he left that godly Raiders staff."

14. conquistador#11

i believe it was his partner that said he would throw up if we drafted carr's brother.:p

that's who a lot of us wanted in the draft threads but not who b.o.b wanted. even in a world where there was no partnership and rick drafted carr, b.o.b to this day would still be playing hoyer or ex patriot scrub over carr.

it is what it is. would have been nice to have him here though. clowney and carr!:eek:

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Well we can blame Bob McNair for that one since Rick Smith reportedly wanted Khalil Mack.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

David may have had a nice career if he hadn't been drafted by the Texans, he hit the ground in Houston running for his life and the fans want to blame him.

17. Nook

Nook Member

This fact is exactly why they need to clean house.

The fact that we have a realistic worry that the Texans could not develop Carr as well as the Raiders is damning.

(on a side note.... how many yards would Nuke have with Carr throwing to him?)

Lets just face it.... the Texans screwed up the 2014 draft... like they have a majority of their decisions.

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Texans are a very bad ran franchise. Starts from the top and all the way down. They may be good ppl and keep a clean environment but the football mindset they do not have.

19. Nook

Nook Member

David Carr did not work very hard and viewed being a starting quarterback in the NFL as only a 9-5 job. He had all the physical ability in the world, and probably would have been better in another organization but he was unlikely to ever be what he could have been. Also some of those sacks were on him, he held onto the ball too long.

I don't have any resentment against Carr. He was "ok", he wasn't a total bust and seems to be a decent person... just not terribly competitive like his brother.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't think it mattered. Just my opinion, but it's my understanding he refused to spend time watching film...and I know for a fact he was responsible for a crapload of his own sacks. I've never seen a guy sack himself more by running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage (instead of throwing it away) in my entire life. I think he was pretty limited between the ears.

Yeah, he had a bad OL, for sure. But I don't think he was on his way to a nice career anywhere. Still made an assload of money, though.