1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Getting to know Marcus Morris - Your new Franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Jun 23, 2011.

1. malakas

malakas Member

lol Big words for 3 games? We will see if he can continue to play so well- my guess is NO.
    And when the initial excitement and good perfomances will start to regress we will see his character and behaviour once again get in the way of his carreer. Give it about a month.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think he can do 18-20 ppg over a season. Efficiency is the key, but he's got the tools. He knows how to draw fouls in the post, so that'll help his avg, if he can knock down his FTs.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Does he play defense now?

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Did harden :p

It looks like he's trying.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I remember Ariza shot around 50% from down town last November. Of course, all these years, Trevor's coaches had been holding him down by not letting him shoot many 3pt shots. ;)

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Marcus Morris is a much more skilled player than Ariza. Ariza has trouble dribbling the ball. I don't know what Morris will do this season, but he has more skills than Ariza.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

TA is actually another example of being in a bad role. In his case he actually went through the opposite. Came here, the first time, to a role that was too much for him and he failed...went to Washington into the perfect role for him and succeeded. Similar situation here, now.

8. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

THIS. THREAD. IS. AWESOME.

That OP.

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  10. Handles

Handles Member

[rQUOTEr]Back when Marcus Morris felt a little numb and a little betrayed...Stan Van Gundy’s welcome-to-the-Pistons pep talk was typically blunt, honest and direct.

“Short version, he told me to be in the best shape I’ve ever been in in my career...Told me...I’m going to stretch you out...Said continue to be comfortable and be confident and come to show everybody what you can do.”

Van Gundy isn’t surprised by what Morris has shown everybody he can do so far...he’s been our most efficient guy,” Van Gundy said. “He’s a guy that we were able to go to the other night..."

Morris...says what Van Gundy told him motivated him to work harder than ever this summer..."We kept in contact a lot this summer and he told me exactly what he wanted...”

“He knows...my game,” Morris said. “When I was in Houston...they didn’t allow me to play my game...my game...I enjoy it. There are only a few guys in the league that still play in there. I give a lot of credit to the coach and a lot of credit to my teammates for just allowing me to be confident. They’re throwing...me in those positions.”

“Marcus is a guy we can go to..." Van Gundy said..."Marcus is...for us right now.”

A few more things that make Van Gundy and Morris’ teammates confident of throwing him the ball: he takes very good care of it...and he’s a willing and able...

“He plays...pretty well under control,” Van Gundy said. “He’s not a guy that’s out of control or trying to go too fast. He’s very methodical, which helps him in terms of avoiding mistakes.”

“...I’m not trying to do too much with it,” Morris said. “If I see a guy...I’m not really trying to do too much. I’m getting to a spot...when I think I can score...just playing my game.”

Morris entered and exited...his identical twin, Markieff, though Markieff...was...easier...One inch taller and not quite as athletic or versatile, Markieff was pegged all along as a power...Was he...oversized...or...undersized power...?

“I thought the versatility should’ve helped me more than hurt me,” he said. “When you have a guy who can...stretch...I think that’s an advantage...If that’s not that type of versatility, I don’t know what is.”

Morris is clearly relishing the opportunity...and appreciative of the...feels from Van Gundy....he couldn’t be happier with the circumstances now that delivered him to Detroit.

“I just feel comfortable and I think when any player gets to feeling comfortable, your game goes to another level. But I’m not taking anything for granted. I’m going to continue...blowing...the leaders of this team...I’m just grateful and blessed to be in a situation where I can finally play...to my capabilities.”

“For sure. I’m here. I’m sticking,” Morris said. “You play the Pistons, you’re...going to have...me...because if not it’s going to be a problem...I like the toughness. I feel like I fit straight in...I’m ready to go...and ready to contribute.”

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/marcus-morris-im-here-be-piston-i-feel-im-home[/rQUOTEr]

Nice pickup for Stan I guess :eek:

[​IMG]

11. onreego

onreego Member

Wait...what?

1 person likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What kind of organization is SVG running up there in Detroit????

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Those last two paragraphs are gold if read in a certain way, lol

14. alethios

alethios Member

Even though he's a different player than Morris, DMo has been given the green light to post up which is a major part of his offense. It may show the confidence the coaching staff has in a player's style based on their ability to be successful.

15. Handles

Handles Member

For those that didn't catch it, JR posted the full article a few posts back. I just extracted the juicy bits ;)

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

You're the one making up garbage without further context, why would a 3 pointer lead to more fast breaks than a clanked mid range shot? You have no basis for this assumption and just invented for the sake of arguing for the mid range, clearly the worst shot in b ball and shouldnt be attempted by players unless they're good at it. Good for Calvin he can hit mid range shots, but do we have HOFs waiting to unleash their mid range game on the squad?

I'm really not sure why people think javing Corey Brewer launch mid range shots is gonna b the key to success.

17. alethios

alethios Member

Amazing what a few omitted words can do to the context.

Original paragraph:

18. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Rick Pitino was a moron for bringing in outside help. SVG knows it's best to get help from within to help build team chemistry

1 person likes this.
  19. basketballholic

Have to admit. I laughed. Rep'd.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

morris 1-6 FG right now getting blown out at home by indy