1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JAMES FRAUDEN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 9, 2015.

?

Have you given up on James Harden?

1. Yes, Harden makes me soften.

47.2%
  2. No, give him more time to be as good of a leader as T-Mac.

52.8%
  1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You are so full of it! Your like the anticrist troll.

2. Lovemachine2000

He needs to turn his game up! I traded Curry for him in my fantasy league (also got Conley from trade), so I gotta have faith as a fantasy owner as well as a Rockets fan.

3. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Just totally pissed off with Harden's effort tonight and on nights his jumper doesn't fall, in general.

It's pretty much a thing now that if his jumper isn't falling, he will totally tune out of the game. He probably gave up 20+ points tonight with horrible switches and zero effort on defense. One instance, Harrell (a 2nd round rookie making not even 10% Harden is making) had to cover Harden's ass when Harden was going to give up an alley-oop dunk. And then he ruined whatever flow we had in the 3rd quarter when we cut it to 8 by taking horrible shots and isolating the ball.

What kind of leader is that?! What leader tunes out because something isn't going right for him? No wonder the rest of the team is struggling as well when the supposed leader can't give over himself enough to care about anything other than his own shots.

I thought he grew out of this last season but its rearing its ugly head out again this season.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden showing 0 effect on D today... it seems to be the trend when his shot isnt falling. The worst part is everytime he misses an assignment, he points at his teammates like its their fault, not his.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Coaching is squandering our level of talent. Harden is a great talent, but he's being improperly used. We can't get easy looks, Harden has to work too hard to get anything, and that uses up his energy.

Even so, the criticism is warranted. Harden gives up easily when the going gets tough and takes many plays off, which you don't want to see from your best player.

A better coach would do wonders with this team, and things would fall into place better. Harden wouldn't have to exert as much energy so he could have it for defense, and our talent would be utilized to its potential.

6. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

/Reposted from gameday thread.

I don't believe in curses but MY GAWD James Harden has been arguably the worst player in the entire league, you can't point to 1 thing he has done well this season other than making FT's. This guy is supposed to be our franchise player yet he doesn't look like he would even start on a D-league team. Somehow he has managed to suck in every facet of the game, I mean he has been so atrocious that he barely even looks like an NBA player. I know it's been 2 games but his matador defense, telegraphed passes, putrid shooting, and over-all laziness is enough to make me break my TV. /end rant.

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I spoke to another huge basketball fan over a year ago about Harden and we both agreed we'll never win a championship with him the way he is.

We need a new coach that isn't going to let Harden play hero/iso ball and get him to play into a team system.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yeah man some of these folks are off the chains. I know I'm livid over here.

Another freaking blowout loss, at home is unheard of.

Still have a long season ahead of us but dang show some home court pride and heart.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The shot being off isn't close to as concerning as the attitude problem. Dude just gives up when it isn't falling.

10. andersongo

andersongo Member

Harden's problem is a lack of focus. right now, his mind does not seem to be on basketball. Other veterans in the team should try to throw an arm around him and try to guide him back on the rightv tracks.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

someone post a video of harden giving up on the ball he thought was going out of bounds which turned into a stephen curry uncontested layup.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden has the same personality as Mallet. A b**** ass *****

13. andersongo

andersongo Member

You guys are extremely fickle. Only five months ago you were ready to write love sonnets for Harden and now, two games in, the pitchforks are already out.

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Thats a lot of Clutchfans for you. A bunch of whiny wishy washy ungrateful "fans" it seem like many here get off on Harden and Houston struggling.

15. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I don't necessarily agree. The Houston fan base is like any other, they just want someone or something to blame. To be honest, with our talent level, we shouldn't be getting blown out the first two games.

If anyone is to be blamed, it's the whole team and coaching staff imo.

I don't like the sheep/mob mentality that one play or one person caused the team to lose a game, but that is clutchfans for ya.

16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Calm down. He'll bounce back like he always does.

17. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

The overreaction is expected. They need to remember how to win.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stupid McGrady Only Fan trying to be relevant

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

100% agree.

Coaches also help with the emotional balance of a team. This team seems to have a lot of quit in them and that stems from a lak of confidence in what they are doing. Teams that are confident in the system and what they have going don't get down on themselves like these guys have.

I've always said that Moreys biggest downfall will be hiring and not moving on from mchale. I really like him as a person and really want him to succeed but he's just not a good coach. He's just not.

They have to start discussing that possibility because mchale will not win a title with this group. Hes not a good enough coach and they aren't good enough to overcome his non high level coaching.

20. Rocketeer Bang

I have the same observation. Haren typically draws the opposing team's weakest link, and yet those role players still consistently blow by him. Remember JJ Redick? how about Austin Rivers? This has nothing to do with talent, he's just lazy on defense, and worst of all, he doesn't hold himself accountable as he's constantly pointing towards others when his man gets a driving lane. The only defense he plays is if someone is posting him up, but he almost never stays infront of his man and with a few dribble would just completely lose him.

On offense, he has a tendancy of trying his iso play until the last two seconds and just dump it off to whoever, and if the guy can't get the shot off in time, then it's a turnover on him. Haren, once again, is immune to bad stat.

If this is your supposed "superstar" and "leader" on the team, how do you think other players can cope with him? He gets all the recognition as the best player on the Rockets, but he hardly makes his teammates any better, if not worse.