1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 6]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Oct 11, 2015.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ok, I thought maybe there was a deeper meaning to what he was up to, plan wise.

Also very convenient that the "last" words he tells Rick before "dying" are; gotta go, good luck dumbass. Clue #1 that something wasn't right about this episode.

I guess sometimes it's hard to expect these shows to match those of Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and Sons of Anarchy deeper/hidden meaning exploits.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Just commenting on the blind loyalism this show garners. No amount of inconsistent story telling, poor logic, plot armor, ninja zombies, or deus ex machina will stop this show until a better one comes up. This show doesn't even try to make sense because people watch regardless. And if you point out the flaws, you're branded a hater and instructed not to watch.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Oh. Post made in sarcasm. Roger that.

4. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Morgan let go two Wolves last season after they attacked him in the woods. Were those guys the same ones that found the backpack with the pictures of Alexandria? Morgan better have a good origin story next week.

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I must have missed where the "wolves" name comes from. When was this?

Are these wolves supposed to be Negan's peeps?

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yet to be conifrmed all we know is Wolves Are Near.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No. They were (in the comics) and so far in the show, just a device used to attract a huge herd of walkers that bring casualties and chaos to Alexandria.

However the show might have more in store for the leader of the Wolves dude since I'm almost certain Morgan didn't kill him in that house. Since TWD is in love with fake deaths I'm sure he's alive, and well.

I think the show is only like halfway through the comics as well so that also shows you how much like like to drag out storylines. Unlike GOT which found a way to compress like 4,000 pages of book material in 1 season. TWD just reaks of a show that is bound to overstay its welcome.

The character you mentioned in the spoiler... has been built up so much due to the drawn out process that he's absolutely guaranteed to disappoint. If I was the showrunner I would have learned from other shows and took the story where it needed to go instead of trying so hard to stay between the lines, and draw out the story in order to gain more seasons and more cash.

8. itzIce

itzIce Member

Are we all just going to ignore that hawt girl Annie who got ravaged by the zombies??!?!? :eek: Clowney's younger bro should've gotten the axe instead lol.

[​IMG]

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

^^ In the season 6 premier trailer I kept assuming that chick was Tara

Kind of weak to let a sprained ankle take you down... also, why the hell does nobody mercy kill these fools who are getting eaten alive?

Nick, for being a turd, is the only character with enough sense in him to blow his brains out before getting turned into a walker buffet.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Why didn't Michonne reach down and grab that dude's piece of paper for the note he wrote his wife?

Okay...just kidding obviously. Boy, she felt lousy after that little "we're all getting home" speech. lol. I liked her little "out damn spot" scrub of her arm like "MacBeth". That's not coming out there...err... .

11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Agreed.

I actually gave up on the show, and only watch it now after reading the comic out of curiousity to see where it goes.

12. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Spoiling dead has proof already that Glenn is still alive. He was filming with Jesus on episode 9. The blood just covered him.

I much rather have Glenn go out like in the comic book. More powerful that way.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Glenn is one of the original 5 that are still alive(Rick, Carl, Daryl, Carol, Glenn). No way they kill him off that easily with little to no emotional build up and aftermath.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Things like this is why they have a "spoiler" button.

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I was not big on the premiere but these past two episodes have been among the better ones in the series; lots of action and tension.

I'm definitely of the belief that Glen is still alive. Besides what already has been mentioned, usually major characters die at the very end of the episode and he didn't. They cut back to Michonne and then Rick. Plus that scene seemed to be more about Nicholas then Glen. No way you let a supporting character who was a coward steal a major character like Glen's thunder.

And Rick..while I do think he is teetering on the edge of losing all his humanity, was a complete badass in the RV when the Wolves came knocking.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup, like I said before, Glenn is one of the original 5. No way they kill off one of the original 5 that easily with little to no emotional build up and aftermath. Characters that major usually die with another major character witnessing it to show the emotional drain. If that was how Glenn actually died, it would be the most anti-climatic death of a major character in TWD.

#236 fchowd0311, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  17. VanityHalfBlack

I thought zombies go for the neck and face? Or maybe we'll get to see the unfinished business in the next episode?

18. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Two scenes of Glen potentially getting ripped apart? I don't think the audience an handle that, i can't.

19. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

There was plenty of emotional buildup. The writing was all over the walls that Glenn was toast. The way he "died" was really dumb though, and the clear indication that the next episode would have little to do with the aftermath (and really, how can it, since in reality they would never find his corpse) was upsetting. But the table was totally set for Glenn to bite the dust.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The part that I thought was stupid was that the guy shot himself in the head and then fell forwards. That's pretty unlikely.