1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Dec 14, 2014.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Isn't Roughnecks the name of the Houston rugby team?

2. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Texans insisted on bringing Mallett in, Texans insisted on bringing Hoyer in. And here we are watching 2 bad QBS take turns playing cuz they are both inadequate

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Texans are a dumpster fire. I will be surprised if they win more than 4 games this year. Nothing will change until the person responsible for football decisions is a more competent personnel man and a more shrewd businessman. Handing out fat deals prematurely, consistently missing on high draft picks and arrogantly avoiding to address the QB position with a more promising prospect lead to the state of the franchise as it stands.

4. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Morey would have taken bridgewater or carr

the texans were hoping for johnny football

thats the difference in front offices

5. moose

moose Member

I will never understand celebrity dating.

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I didn't think a pro football team could have a stupider owner than Bud Adams until I got to know Bob McNair. Still can't ever tell if he notices the team lost.

7. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Yup, that sounds about right

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Oilers wuda been tight. I guess I was just happy to get nfl back to h town that I never really cared about the name. Not that they asked what thought. It's better than the Houston Seagulls though. : )

1 person likes this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Kubrick was way too loyal he even joked by telling MS that Kubes was meeting with PM at bush airport. Or something like that.

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

That eggshape guy (I couldn't find the post to reply to) is kinda right about one thing. Those offensive linemen might be able to sprint fast, are really strong, and all that. Still, human beings were not meant to be like that. It's not natural. I love football, but it is pretty weird like that. I also don't care for the concussions, which makes me often feel guilty.

1 person likes this.
  11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

today the astros play their most important game in a decade and what is 610 and 790 mainly talking about? The Texans! They sprinkle a little astros talk but jump right back into football.

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

We must not be listening to the same 790 radio station. 790 was talking Astros non-stop on the way to work, and sprinkling in Rockets preseason stuff. They were talking with Lance for a good 10 minutes, who 790 flew up to New York to provide extra coverage.

They might have switched gears to Texans for a little bit, but it was mostly all about the Stros for my ride this morning.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I dont know about you but 790 was LIT yesyerdat morning with the Astros. Adam Clanton refused to talk about the Texans, it was 6 am in the morning and those guys made me feel like I was at Club Astros.
    Switched to 610 for a quick second and theyre arguing about a quarterback.
    Switched it right back to 790.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lol this guy is cute man. His real life must be miserable to still be going at it something I wrote 10 months ago.
    Also the Rockets are my favorite team noob. 4 road trips a year for the Rockets, go to at least 20 home games a season, follow them through thick and thin.
    Never said I like the Texans more than the Rockets, only pointing out your constant bashing of a sport you claim to not like is childish. Moron.
    :grin::grin:

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol 610 is a joke just like the Texans are. We know the Rockets are championship worthy and the Astros made the playoffs after a season of losing 100 games... wtf and why are texans even relevant???

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Well in fairness, this is a short week. The Texans already have another game coming up in a couple days. So there ain't much downtime between Sunday afternoon and Thursday night.

That being said, if the Stros win tonight, the Texans get their asses kicked Thursday, and Friday morning we're hearing nothing but football talk on the radio instead of chatter about the ALDS, then they need to have their heads examined.

17. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I listen from 630 to 700 in the morning. First thing they were talking about was the Texans on 790. They went to Lance who happened to be in NY covering the astros but the subject of discussion was not focused on baseball. Lance then had adam schefter or some football guy on at 700 to talk football. Within that 30 minute time frame, there was way too much attention on football. What I'm saying is the Astros have a playoff game tonight, there should not even be a 50/50 split on Astros and Texans dude.

Most of my rant is towards the morning 790 show PGOS. I absolutely love Charlie in the afternoon who gives the appropriate coverage to sports.

18. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I hate to say it but I really have always hated the name the Texans. I was 12 when they picked it and thought it was stupid then. Everything about the franchise, even the colors, is so safe, boring, PC and corporate friendly and I hate it. It has absolutely no personality at all. I know they were trying to tap into a potential fanbase of people around Texas who didn't root for the Cowboys but it sucks so bad. I love the team and have watched them since the opening game against Dallas but it is like loving an ugly child.

1 person likes this.
  19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Just block him. He is the dumbass that spouted out the nonsense in my sig.

20. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Wow even Rockets are losers

Guess astros best team in city now