1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] Derrick Rose Accused of Gang Rape

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by matty101, Aug 26, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

It is not strange at all. In fact if she was fakely coming after the money one would think she would have come after him before when he was more on his peak and at the center of the media attention with documentaries etc.

Also most women dont' even come forward at all. Can you imagine the courage she would need to master? ...I honestly think that if something such heinous happened to me, I would either have killed myself or would be in prison after killing that b*stard.

Yes COURAGE. No offense but this type of ****ty post like yours is the reason that there is victim blaming and "boys will be boys" in our society.
    For every false accusation do you know how many women have to suffer in years in silence and in shame? Kill themselves? Have their lives destroyed?

Or you think that rich and famous athletes are not capable of rape??

2. malakas

malakas Member

And if it's true she was raped by him and his boys he should just pay? Right?
    Not rot in prison and stripped off his NBA contract and Adidas? Paying money is enough compesation you think?

I didn't know that bfs and friends of bfs were not capable of rape. Do you even know what is rape?

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I agree. It is just weird that men don't have any sense of honor anymore. Letting some guy get away with doing this to a relative.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What are you talking about?

Anymore?

If you think the history of mankind is one in which they had a sense of honor when it came to women then you are seriously mistaken.

5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

You're probably right about the shoe deal.

But could you imagine if he endorsed Subway (just as an example) and tells ppl to "Eat Fresh" after this news came out?

I'd be like, "dude, u weren't eating fresh that one night though"

6. oakdogg

Maybe the variability is between families/cultures as opposed to generations. Still, I think today the predominant belief is that it's better to just let the police and authorities settle everything. It wasn't always that way. Nowadays, just getting in a fight can have a lot of legal consequences that weren't necessarily there in the past. I am not advocating a bunch of vigilante justice. The difference is this: for the authorities to eventually act requires 12 jurors to be convinced. I don't have to be convinced if my sister/mother/etc. says it happened. If they said it happened, it happened. Furthermore, as malakas pointed out, D Rose is barely going to suffer regardless. This is a civil trial. That makes an even more compelling argument for a family member to step up.

7. hlcc

hlcc Member

It's still plenty strange that she waited 2 years. All physical evidence are now gone, and the entire case is now a giant "what she said" vs "what he said". If she is faking & angling for money & the physical evidence didn't support her story, it makes that she'd wait till the physical evidences are gone before making her civil claim.

What do you mean his peak? Rose today is richer when compared to 2 years ago.

8. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I don't know if D-Rose did it or not, but this is one ****ty take.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Unless she came right away to the police station to do a rape kit all the evidence would be lost too. Or you expect a rape victim who is in shock emotional distress and needs to see a therapist to face everyday life, is going to keep the condomns?
    She has evidence in witness statements, and a sms sent by a friend of Rose asking for forgiveness- a month later after the fact.

I meant that if she was lying and after his money, in my opinion, it would be more productive to go after him when he was more the media attention, the golden chicago boy. 2 years ago he was. And as for when he was richer..does it matter?
    How much money do you even think she is asking? For sure enough that he would be able to pay either now or before.

I found this article
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/high-school/post/_/id/1111/bulls-rose-stays-close-to-his-roots
    These are him and his crew - who are also the codefendants.
    It is so ironic reading it now. They lived together ,ate together did everything together. Commited crimes together.

LMAO humble guy ..

10. hlcc

hlcc Member

Committed crimes together? what crime? What we have now is her version of the events and his version of the events and a whole lotta finger pointing. She said a friend of Rose texted her asking forgiveness (I didn't read this myself), and Rose said she exchanged friendly texts with one or more of the alleged rapists a day after the alleged rape and kept in contact with Rose months after the alleged rape,,, so who's telling the truth.

All we know right now is that Rose is very stupid for putting himself in situation like this and he have some very freaky sexual fetishes.

11. malakas

malakas Member

..the commited crimes was my own personal comment. It is not proven by the court because the trial isn't over yet. So as they say innocent until proven guilty.

However reading that article the irony striked me in the face.

12. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Damian Llilard is far, far worse.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

From cheating on his SATs to....being accused of gang rape...quite the NBA journey thus far

14. oakdogg

Man, it's basically known that Derrick Rose prefers other guys to be involved whenever he has s*x. Sounds pretty g@y to me.......

15. split41

split41 Member

D. Rose is innocent until proven guilty. Why are there a bunch of people concocting rationale for the inconsistencies in her story to make it "more likely and true"

16. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Funny how a board, mostly of men discussing what a women should do and how they should react after being raped. Unless you have been in prison, I seriously doubt any of you have been raped.

Heaps of women never report being raped because parts of the community will tell them it is there fault or just assume they are lying. and be labelled as whores.

Keep in mind an old friend of mine was falsely accused of rape so I know how it impacts when a women is lying.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What do you mean? I thought everyone loved running trains and eiffel towers with their boys.

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Naive to think that athletes are any less likely to rape someone...