1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas unsure he'll be ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ico4498, Sep 11, 2015.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the type of posts you can expect from a trash fan. Some D-Mo fans are becoming very LoF-eque.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's funny, I always thought it was the Lin fans blindly supporting a garbage player over better options.....

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

at least you have some sense to actually acknowledge that even though you likely don't want to believe it.

The original point was about what makes sense for the team. At the end of the day if the result is winning, I don't care who starts

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What makes sense for the team is to play the best player....which is why I've always maintained they'll be starting DMo if he's healthy. The goal here is winning.....which is why you would rather hide someone like Jones on the bench.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

what doesn't make sense is starting a player coming off major surgery and hasn't played basketball in months including training. why those points don't seem like a major factor to you is very puzzling. Organized sports doesn't work that way. Maybe your obvious hate for TJ just makes you in denial

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

let's tip jar, I say DMo would start more games this coming season than TJones would ever in his career for Houston Rockets (past seasons doesn't count) ;)

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight had the same surgery as DMo, had the surgery later in the off-season, and still was good to go by the start of the season despite his game being more reliant on athleticism...started off the season with back to back double doubles including a 33 point game.

I have no "hate" for Jones, I just wish he was half as good as some think he is when it comes to playing basketball. If he was a good defender, a better rebounder, and could hit the 3, I wouldn't mind him starting at all. The only things I "hate" are the glaring deficiencies in his game that I guess you either ignore or have forgotten about.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

you keep bringing up Dwight as a reason for your optimism. Do you not realize they're two completely different people. Obviously their body types are on different polar ends. Is it news to you that people do not heal the same. How can someone be this stubborn despite everything coming out with Dmo hasn't been the best news for his fans like you. You 100% believed he would be ready for training camp over the summer. Are you still holding on to hope he will. Try being realistic every once and while. Maybe people would take you a little more seriously

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

what is this lol. why wouldn't you just say this coming season for both. oh wait....

10. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

People seriously think that Jones is better than Dmo? WTF? LOL

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Everything that has come out has said that DMo is right on schedule with his recovery. The goal was always to be good to go by the time the season starts up, and nothing has changed that. I know you don't see the relevance of comparing the time it took others to heal from the same surgery.....but that's just you being special.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't really have a dog in this race, but advanced statistics suggest he his.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

obviously you being more in denial. it sounds like you definitely know nothing regarding injuries just sit back & read online reports and you become some expert on it. Again be a little more realistic and it might get you somewhere. Because at this point you don't look too smart. Enjoy pressing that refresh button on Dmo reports.

14. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

I dont know. Ill go with the eye test albeit Jones was missing half of last season.

I just remember how reliable Dmo was on the block until he went down with his back injury.

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

In the playoffs Jones was so bad (again) that Josh Smith had to replace him. In the regular season Smith was so bad that DMo had to return to starting lineup just after 2 games. BTW DMo was benched for those 2 games not because he was playing bad, he was playing amazing.

So it's pretty obvious DMo > Smith > Jones

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's why smith has to play on a minimum contract right genius :rolleyes:

17. malakas

malakas Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Here we go again with the completely meaningless annoyingly repeatitive fight :rolleyes:

anyway here is an article from SI including BOTH Jones and DMO as potential breakout players
    http://www.si.com/cauldron/2015/09/21/nba-breakout-stars-victor-oladipo-ricky-rubio

18. larsv8

Its not really surprising that people remember Dmo fondly because he has a very asthetically pleasing game. His post moves are oh so sweet.

And we all, of course, remember Jones being torched by Aldridge and then McHale swapping in Smith, in place of Jones, to help with the defensive pressure in the playoffs.

That is all well and good, but over the course of last year, despite those very polarizing moments, the team was performing better with Jones on the court, and by a significant margin. That is indisputable.

If you have some sort of predictive analysis that says that will change in the future, well then, great, but all things being equal to last year, we can expect for the team to perform better with Jones on the court, especially with Dmo recovering from major back issues.

edit- pre-emptive response to contradicting post above mine. I looked at Jones vs. Dmo alongside Harden/Ariza/Howard, they apparently looked at each player just alongside Howard.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Yup. And more importantly you should click the link and see the numbers. The decline of % in three pointers by both is alarming. I don't know how to post it here.

20. larsv8

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.