Questions regarding my ankle.

Ns575

8 weeks ago as of two days ago I landed on somebody's foot during a Dallas qualifier. 17u AAU basketball. Blah blah those details don't matter.

I rolled my left ankle. Heard 3-4 pops. Fell to the ground.. Went straight to the emergency room. Tore 3 ligaments in the left ankle. The left side itself was swollen to the size of an apple/softball. I was told by the doctor person (who works on strictly athletic leg injuries) that the recovery time would be 4-6 weeks. Even got an MRI showing the ligament tears. I've been stretching it constantly, icing it, doing everything I need to do to help it recover fully.

8 weeks, friends.

And I can't even jog on it without terrible pain. When I jiggle my right foot, it feels normal. But when I jiggle my left, it pops and such. It feels as if something is out of place. It doesn't feel normal whatsoever. I've of course built strength back before playing on it again. I should be completely normal by now regarding everything the physiotherapist has said (Robert Horry center in Sugarland) They say I need to slowly play through it to loosen up the scar tissue but I'm extremely scared to do so because of this pain.

Should I go and get another MRI to see whats up? I feel like I need surgery. Pre season training starts in a couple weeks and I don't wanna be left behind (obviously I will be if I need surgery)

just need some thoughts on it from you people if you've ever experienced something similar or if it's normal or if it's the opposite of normal.

Thanks in advance.

RV6

i find it hard to believe tearing 3 ligaments only takes just over a month...I've had two really severe sprains. on each ankle, but never as much as 3 torn ligaments, and I've never been ready in 4-6 weeks. It was closer to 2 months, IIRC. Was he referring to just the healing? The most important thing is to check the ankle's structure. Make sure the bone and ligaments are fine...if they are, then it's going to be a matter of rehabbing your mechanics back to normal and tearing up the scar tissue to allow that. Find a massage therapist that specializes in fascial massage to help with that.

I can't advise, I'm no doctor. I'd get second opinion though. I definitely wouldn't try to jog if it doesn't feel right.

I had some ligament tears plus partial Achilles tear a few years ago, it took me about half a year to be back to somewhat normal, but it's mainly because of Achilles. Anyway, I'd see a doctor, best a different one.

I partially tore a ligament in my wrist and it took 2 months for it to feel normal. Even after two months I experienced discomfort. Hard to think that 6 weeks will be enough time to heal 3 torn ligaments. It'll take time, dude

When i was a youngster. I severely injured my ankle. I only took a few days off and played through pain for at least 2 years.