1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good Breakfast Places

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Fatty FatBastard

Well, I tried the Empire Cafe. I thought it was attrocious. Anyplace that takes twenty minutes to order food, and then hard boils the poached eggs is a big negative for me. But I am a food snob.

Baba Yega's does have a good Sunday brunch... Just make sure to get there early.

But the one place that astounded me today was this little dive place called Brother's Taco Stand on Pease.

$1.30 a breakfast taco, and they were outstanding! You get to choose between eggs and: chorizo, sausage, bacon and ham. Plus, they have fajita tacos there for $1.50.

Another place for a decent eggs benedict is Bellaire Coffee Shop.

Lankford Grocery also has a good breakfast.

And don't ever forget Mama's cafe on Westheimer. I don't eat late at night anymore, but if you do, it's a must!

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I love baby barnaby's when I'm down in houston. I would definitely recommend it as long as you're not homophopic.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I've just recently moved to the west side and have been checking out a few different spots for breakfast on the weekends. La Peep has a good menu with plenty of selection. I ordered an egg white omelete w/ vegetables and it was awesome. Yesterday we went to Leibmans Deli on Memorial and I had the most amazing french toast ever. I'd read an article in the chronicle last week about the places with the best french toast, and Leibmans did not dissapoint. Only drawback was they don't open for breakfast until 9:00, but that stuff is fantastic.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

On a visit to Houston several years ago, I went to a place called LaMadelaine's (I think). Is it still around? I don't remember where it even was...

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

yeah... i thought it was just an atlanta thing until i moved back here, but there's one here in htown at shepard/west gray. their chicken friands (sp?) w/mushroom sauce and french onion soup are delicious. they have some bad arse tea too.

6. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

ooops... forgot to add my "good breakfast place"...

waffle house on west airport and waffle house on highway six a few mins from west oaks mall.

the texas cheesesteak with extra bacon and a few packets of mayo is heaven on bread. that along with scattered, smothered, and covered hashbrowns with even more mayo is excellent. mmmmmm.

7. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I hate breakfast food oatmeal is one of the few that I will eat, I mostly have a bowl of oatmeal and a Myoplex for breakfast... the boss at work brings food in every day he really likes this place called the Kolache Factory, but not sure if that place is a chain or just local..

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

It started in Houston and is a franchise now, from what I read, there are 12 stores in Houston that are owned by the company and 7 that are franchises. I think the best thing I ever had there was the huevos con chorizo kolache.

9. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

I've been listening to the following lately while eating breakfast:

Bo Carter - Twist It Babe 1931-1940
    Howlin' Wolf - The Sun Recordings
    Jimmy T-99 Nelson - Cry Hard Luck
    Wayne Hancock - Thunderstorms and Neon Signs
    Neko Case - The Tigers Have Spoken
    Doug Sahm - The Return of Wayne Douglas
    Merle Haggard - The Peer Sessions

10. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

La Madeline (spelling?) is very good. I do not have one close to my house but if your ever in the mood for a good meal any time of the day try it out. IHOP is pretty solid for breakfest but not for anything else.

11. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Waffle House is pretty damn good and there is a La Madeline near First Colony Mall in Sugar Land

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The Breakfast Klub on Alabama and Travis. You get dishes like pork chops and eggs or chicken and waffles.

13. Buck Turgidson

pgabriel speaks the truth. Best breakfast place in town.

14. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

Do all breakfast tacos have eggs in them? Can't you get breakfast tacos with potatos and bacon or sausage without eggs?

15. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

There is one in Meyerland Plaza. Beechnut and 610

16. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

El Rey on Washington has excellent cuban coffee drinks (I've never had their plain coffee) and wonderful breakfast tacos.

Bibas on West Gray also has a decent diner type breakfast.

17. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I like to eat breakfast twice.

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Franks Grill on Telephone Road. It is a little scary looking from the outside, but you will see people ordering breakfest here all day long.

19. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I haven't ate a breakfast in 8 years.

20. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

New York Bagel Shop on Hillcroft between S. Braeswood and Willowbend. Best bagels in the city and great breakfasts. Annie's Hamburgers on S. Post Oak also makes a great breakfast.....just be sure to put on your seatbelt before leaving the parking lot!