1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Fighting fire with fire) Bush Coked out of His Mind at Camp David

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Oski2005, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

BUSH 'TOOK COCAINE AT CAMP DAVID' Sep 6 2004

And wife Laura liked dope, says book

By Emma Pryer

GEORGE W Bush snorted cocaine at Camp David, a new book claims.

His wife Laura also allegedly tried cannabis in her youth.

Author Kitty Kelley says in her biography The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty, that the US President first used coke at university in the mid-1960s.

She quotes his former sister-in-law Sharon Bush who claims: "Bush did coke at Camp David when his father was President, and not just once either."

Other acquaintances allege that as a 26-year-old National Guard, Bush "liked to sneak out back for a joint or into the bathroom for a line of cocaine".

Bush has admitted being an alcoholic but, asked during the 1999 election if he did drugs, he said: "I've told the American people that years ago I made some mistakes.

"I've learned from my mistakes and should I be fortunate enough to become president I will bring dignity and honour to the office."

Later an aide clarified his remarks saying Bush hadn't taken illegal drugs in the past 25 years.

Kelley says that the Bush family covered up scandals because of their wealth and influence. She claims George W started drinking at school and continued at Yale university to overcome shyness.

Former student Torbery George says in the book: "Poor Georgie. He couldn't relate to women unless he was loaded."

Another says: "He went out of his way to act crude. It's amazing someone you held in such low esteem later became president."

His supporters have slammed the allegations as outrageous.

The White House said: "This book appears to be filled with the same trash discredited years ago."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=14609301&method=full&siteid=50143&headline=bush--took-cocaine-at-camp-david--name_page.html

These were youthful indescritions of course, because we all know Adulthood doesn't start til you are 50.

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The liberals are getting pretty desperate. It's sad, really. Losing hurt, libs.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Um, didn't we all already know that Bush used to be a coke-head?

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

That **** is stupid. I hate **** like that.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sounds like a pretty good vacation to me

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Clinton killed Vince Foster.

7. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

And Bush killed Wellstone.

It's all ridiculous, yes. That's why it's amazing the Swifties were able to swing the race last month.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I can't believe this!

Brandon Backe hit a two run homer today!

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Someone must have determined that they were credible. Maybe Kerry's previous lies about Vietnam (the Cambodia whopper) reduced his credibility.

Obviously, there is no disputing the fact that he threw his medals and betrayed his comrades with his testimony before Congress. I think those two facts, more than his gaming of the system (video taping his mock war stunts, and abandoning his duty at the first technical opportunity), his superficial wounds, his embellished after-action reports, and his lies about his service, are having the biggest impacts.

11. Batman Jones

Here's another installment from the Lying Liars Club. This one's not from Kitty Kelley or the Swifties. It's from the Speaker of the House.

http://slate.com/id/2106077/

Dennis Hastert on Dope
    Two heartbeats from the presidency, an absolute nut job.
    By Jack Shafer
    Posted Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2004, at 3:14 PM PT

We live in dangerous times—more dangerous than you might imagine. Terrorists have marked the president of the United States for death. Heart disease has similar designs on the vice president, who's already had four heart attacks and goes into the hospital for angioplasty as frequently as some people take their cars to Jiffy Lube for oil changes. If that isn't enough danger for you, here's more: If both Bush and Cheney were to suddenly drop dead, the law would transfer the presidential powers to a man who proved himself an absolute nut job on the Aug. 29 edition of Fox News Sunday: Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert.

Hastert used the Fox appearance to blurt out a bizarre and baseless accusation about billionaire George Soros, a Democratic Party financier and donor to anti-Bush 527s. We enter the Fox News Sunday interview transcript just after host Chris Wallace introduces the subject of 527s, such as MoveOn.org and the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Hastert starts complaining about the power flexed by non-political party groups:

HASTERT: Here in this campaign, quote, unquote, "reform," you take party power away from the party, you take the philosophical ideas away from the party, and give them to these independent groups.

You know, I don't know where George Soros gets his money. I don't know where—if it comes overseas or from drug groups or where it comes from. And I—

WALLACE (interrupting): Excuse me?

HASTERT: Well, that's what he's been for a number years—George Soros has been for legalizing drugs in this country. So, I mean, he's got a lot of ancillary interests out there.

WALLACE: You think he may be getting money from the drug cartel?

HASTERT: I'm saying I don't know where groups—could be people who support this type of thing. I'm saying we don't know. The fact is we don't know where this money comes from.

Before, transparency—and what we're talking about in transparency in election reform is you know where the money comes from. You get a $25 check or a $2,500 check or $25,000 check, put it up on the Internet. You know where it comes from, and there it is.

(Emphasis added.)

I didn't see the program, but reading the transcript, it's easy to visualize Chris Wallace vaulting forward from whiplash as he says, "Excuse me?" and then asks, "You think [Soros] may be getting money from the drug cartel?" Had Wallace had the presence of mind, he might have challenged Hastert about the "mysterious" source of Soros' money. Soros runs the Quantum Fund hedge fund and earned a reported $1 billion in 1992 betting against the British pound. According to the Christian Science Monitor, he's dropped $5 billion of his fortune on his various "open society" programs around the world. He's given $12.6 million to the anti-Bush 527s, chump change relative to the size of his fortune. In addition, Soros has been a very public advocate and funder of drug-law legalization and liberalization campaigns.

Soros denies the charge that he is in the pay of drug cartels in this Aug. 31 letter he sent to Speaker Hastert, demanding an apology. Soros spokesman Michael Vachon says there's been a "concerted effort to smear George Soros since he became an administration critic" and calls the Hastert comments the "usual conservative message-machine M.O.: Throw something out there and see if it sticks."

Hastert states in a Sept. 1 letter to Soros that he never referred to drug cartels on Fox News Sunday, that Chris Wallace did. The "drug groups" Hastert claims to have had in mind were the "Drug Policy Foundation, The Open Society, The Lendesmith [sic] Center, the Andean Council of Coca Leaf Producers, and several ballot initiatives across the country to decriminalize illegal drug use." On this score, Hastert's letter is completely disingenuous. These groups are beneficiaries of Soros wealth: He's given them money. In the program transcript, Hastert is clearly asking about the source of Soros' money for his political and social campaigns, and then he asks the leading question, is it from "overseas or from drug groups"?

Where did Hastert get the notion that Soros might be getting money from drug cartels? A good guess would be the organization headed by political fantasist, convicted felon, and perpetual presidential candidate Lyndon H. LaRouche Jr. This campaign literature from the "LaRouche in 2004" Web site, dated Oct. 29, 2003, makes the drug charge directly:

Years of investigation by LaRouche's associates have answered that question in grisly detail: Soros's money comes from impoverishment of the poor countries against whose currencies he speculates, and from deadly mind-destroying, terrorism-funding drugs.

(Emphasis in the original.)

The LaRouchie slander of Soros dates back to the early '90s. Michael Lewis recorded an anti-Soros protest by LaRouche followers in a Jan. 10, 1994, profile in the New Republic. Since then, the drug charge has been a LaRouche literature mainstay. See, for example, this cached copy of a 2002 interview with LaRouche from his organization's Executive Intelligence Review.

Hastert may have also brushed up against the idea in a 1997 House hearing about needle exchanges that he chaired. David Jordan, the former U.S. ambassador to Peru, testified that Soros has backed drug legalization initiatives and owns a piece of a bank in Colombia. Connecting the imaginary dots, Jordan says, "And I think it would be very interesting for you to look to see and bring sometime [sic] who benefits from the legalization of narcotics."

Of course, if there were a shred of truth to the charge that Soros is mobbed up with the drug cartels, Hastert would contact the Drug Enforcement Administration or at the very least hold Hill hearings instead of broadly hinting about it on Fox News Sunday. Whatever the reason behind his eruption, Hastert has answered the question of who is screwy enough to run on this year's LaRouche ticket. "LaRouche-Hastert in 2004," anyone?

Or Hastert-LaRouche? Send your dream ticket speculation to pressbox@hotmail.com. (E-mail may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)

Addendum, Sept. 2, 2004: Click here for Day 2 of the Dennis Hastert Slander Watch. Also, the Daily Recycler has posted a video excerpt of the Fox News Sunday interview.

Jack Shafer is Slate's editor at large.
    Photograph of George Soros by Jim Bourg/Reuters. Photograph of Dennis Hastert on the Slate home page by Gary Hershorn/Reuters.

12. Batman Jones

More (Go to the actual articles and read the letters. They're hilarious.):

http://slate.com/id/2106176/

Dennis Hastert, Liar or Fool?
    The speaker's unseemly habit of slandering George Soros.
    By Jack Shafer
    Posted Thursday, Sept. 2, 2004, at 2:27 PM PT

Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert stuck his foot in it while appearing on Chris Wallace's Fox News Sunday (Aug. 29), speculating that Democratic Party financier and anti-Bush 527 donor George Soros may be the recipient of illicit drug money. (For the back story, see yesterday's column, "Dennis Hastert on Dope.")

Hastert states in a letter to Soros that he's being misread, maintaining that when he told Wallace, "You know, I don't know where George Soros gets his money. I don't know where—if it comes overseas or from drug groups or where it comes from," the groups he was referring to were the "Drug Policy Foundation, The Open Society, The Lendesmith [sic] Center, and The Andean Council of Coca Leaf Producers."

Hastert's explanation is preposterous. Soros gives money to these groups. He doesn't collect money from them. Yesterday, Soros countered Hastert's letter with a new letter repeating his demand for an apology.

If you buy Hastert's line that he's being misinterpreted, I invite you to listen to the last two-and-a-half minutes of Hastert's Aug. 23 appearance on WNYC-FM's The Brian Lehrer Show. In it, he slanders Soros on the same subject, only more explicitly. Click here for the interview excerpt, or read the transcription below:

Brian Lehrer: What do you think of the Swift Boat veterans ads, and John Kerry's calls for the president to denounce them?

Dennis Hastert: Well, you find out that if you look into the record, I was against the Campaign Finance Reform Act because that's what I felt that would happen, that you would push into guys like George Soros, who's dumping in $16 or $20 million. We don't know where that money comes from. We don't know where it comes from, from the left, and you don't know where it comes in the right. You know, Soros' money, some of that is coming from overseas. It could be drug money. We don't know where it comes from.

(Emphasis added.)

Let's review Hastert's comments: 1) We don't know where Soros' money comes from. 2) Sorry, we do know where some of it comes from! Some comes from overseas. 3) It could be drug money. 4) Sorry, again. We don't know where it comes from.

Hastert may sound like a confused, gibbering fool who blurted out something he'd like to take back. But an experienced politician such as Hastert doesn't say something this stupid and outrageous twice by accident. Hastert has purposely painted an ambiguous backdrop against which he can shrewdly slander his political foe Soros. Who will he smear next?

Nobody knows where Hastert gets this stuff. Yes, we do! It's inspired by Lyndon H. LaRouche Jr.! Send your slanderous speculations about Hastert to pressbox@hotmail.com. (E-mail may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)

13. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

There is an ongoing investigation right now into whether or not he DESERVED some of his commendations:
    link
    What were some of you liberals trying to tell me about Kerry having released all of his military records? I bolded that just so you can see what I've been saying: that he has released only an edited version of his records.
    As for George Soros, he is a criminal and a foreign national attempting to sway an U.S. election. Maybe a laser guided bomb into whatever mansion he is staying at would take care of this problem once and for all.

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Kerry is falling too fast. I almost, almost feel sorry,...nah, no I don't...

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

AHMED CHALABI.

Snorting coke at Camp David might be a criminal offense, if you are not well connected or you don't have a great lawyer.

16. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

The Governor of New Jersey is gay.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

maybe i just speak from experience, but the people that really believe george never did cocaine are completely naive. maybe it's because i've grown up with kids like him, and party with kids like him, and know that kids that come from a lot of money and a have a reputaion as being party animals are usually involved with other drugs....... namely coke.

coke is very popular with the whole "frat boy", privileged crowd. even now. so just imagine 35 years ago when it wasn't even illegal. it just comes with the territory. kids with that much disposable income usually find some destructive way to spend it. trust me, i know.

i would be floored to find out that W didn't at least dabble with coke for a few years. i'm not saying it's not possible that he never did, but i seriously doubt it.

18. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

If GWB smoked pot and did coke....

...then he funded terrorists, under his own logic.

Even though I won't be voting for him again, this stuff is stupid, it only makes politics worse. For the love of God, will somebody on either side debate on the issues? this is the worst presidential race ever, can I speak for even the rightest leaning conservatives and get an agreement that Bush is one of the worst candidates to come out of the republican party?

19. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

I don't give a crap that Bush snorted coke and puffed pot. It bothers me that he dances around the question.

If he did, fine. If he didn't, fine. But don't weener your way out and ask what "is" is.

20. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

No....Gerald Ford was the absolute worst. Bob Dole, while a great guy, was a close second. He had ZERO chance of beating that lying sack of excrement Clinton, which is sad, because he was very beatable since he made Nixon look virtuous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.