View Full Version : Help with IP pop-ups
02-16-2003, 09:00 PM
For the past several months, I've been getting these random pop-up ads that are sent to me through my I.P. address. It's just like any gray Windows screen with all text and an 'OK' button.
They're super annoying. Anyone know how I can stop this?
02-17-2003, 01:06 AM
You've asked the right person!!!!!
I just recently stopped it. Had the same problem. It was soooo annoying.
I asked a friend and got it done immediately; the solution is absolutely simple:
1. Click on the Start button and open the control panel.
2. Open the Performance and Maintenance control panel and go to Administrative Tools.
3. Now double-click on Services, then scroll to Messenger.
4. Double-click Messenger and click Stop to stop the service.
5. Change the startup type to Disable and click Apply at the bottom.
6. Click OK to exit window.
I have to assume you are on XP and have cable because that's what I had with ads from University Diplomas.
It should work and they will never come back again!
If you don't have XP, tell me and I'll give you better instructions if these don't help.
02-17-2003, 02:33 AM
I owe you my freakin life. :)
Thanks man, GREATLY appreciated.
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.