1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Enough is enough...fire rudy and trade the ball-hogging guards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jh3lau, Jan 26, 2003.

Tags:
  1. jh3lau

jh3lau Member

guards always looking for their own shots instead of creating fo teammates.

we're last in assists in the league.

coach has no control of the team.

Sum them up and mean troubles

2. SteveFranchise3

I agree with firing Rudy but are guards are the best part of our team. Trade SF and Mobley and we will suck even worse. The rest of the team doesn't step up.

3. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Mr. Lau,

I believe Steve Francis did a good job today. So did Cuttino Mobley. Yao did all right as well. The problem was that all the other players who were open because of the setting up by Steve Francis MISSED THEIR SHOTS. Steve Francis passed to wide open people. They just missed their shots.

YOU MAY HAVE FORGOT...the three teams that we lost too all have better records than us. They were already a better team than us. And they are the best teams at home. Detroit is an excellent team.

TODAY...Chicago got very lucky.

If we lose to Memphis...and then the next 3 games against VERY GOOD teams...I'm sure there will be coaching changes...that's if we go on a 8 game losing streak. I'm sure we won't. :)

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Don't count on a coaching change. If the Rockets lose 30 in a row Rudy will still have his job. Les is sold on C. Dawson and Rudy T.

5. SteveFranchise3

The sad thing is Rudy won't be fired. He should be. Steve passed a lot. Our players just couldn't hit open shots. Not SF's fault.

6. theguent

theguent Member

So its Rudy fault when open shots don't fall?

7. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

lol.........JESUS CHRIST!!!!

BLAME STEVE FRANCIS........NO ...someone has counters it..............BLAME RUDY TOMJANOVICH!!!!!!!...no it's not his fault either............BLAME THE PLAYERS!!!!....no not their fault.....BLAME MANAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!

They own the team. My God. We would all be suffering if we were Cavaliers fans. Think of the Toronto Raptors...

8. SteveFranchise3

It's his fault that our offense is just 1 on 1 play and that we don't run plays for Ming when he is hot.

9. steave_flight_3

in december they used to run so many plays thourgh Yao know they bearly ever pass to him they need to pass to him thourgh out the whole game not just the 4 th quarter like they did today.
    Its rudys fault

10. tsl99

tsl99 Member

Francis shot the ball 26 times and only hit 9 and 3 FT. Don't blame support players missing open shot, SF missed more.

SF played like AI, but he is not AI. The team who counts on AI went to the NBA final.

Stats for this game.
    Name Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts
    M. Taylor 15 2-9 0-0 0-0 0 0 1 0 2 0 2 4
    J. Posey 43 4-7 0-2 5-6 0 3 0 1 1 0 2 13
    Y. Ming 32 6-9 0-0 2-3 1 8 2 0 0 0 3 14
    S. Francis 44 9-26 1-4 7-9 3 8 5 7 2 0 4 26
    C. Mobley 42 6-11 1-2 6-8 2 2 4 1 0 0 0 19
    E. Griffin 30 4-9 0-3 2-5 1 8 0 2 0 0 1 10
    K. Cato 19 2-3 0-0 3-3 3 9 1 3 0 1 4 7
    M. Norris 10 2-3 0-0 1-4 1 1 1 0 2 0 0 5
    T. Morris 5 0-1 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

11. montelwilliams

The Bay Area is the nation's 5th largest TV market (Houston is only 12th). Why not trade Yao to Golden State? THe Bay Area's large Asian population would welcome Yao. Obviously, the guards are the focus of the Rockets. At Golden State, Yao would be the focus.

12. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

We were the Cavs last year. Its hard to see a team with this type of talent struggling to make the playoffs. There is no reason why the Rockets should not be a top 4 seed in the West. If Larry Brown had this team he would get them to the finals in less than 4years. He took Philly with Iverson and a bunch of role players.

13. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

Id agree with Rudy T needing to go. However I dont think trading Mobley adn Francis would do much. We need a differnet coach

14. tsl99

tsl99 Member

This is probably true. Rockets don't need Yao if playing the way they played now.

15. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

So, it's Rudy's fault that the Rockets missed 12 free throws? That's where this game was lost. I'm tired of everyone balming Rudy everytime the Rockets lose, look at the numbers, its the players not coming through, not Rudy.

16. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

LIL FRANCIS...

LOL. That's why I didn't give a crap about the Rockets the last three seasons. They were losing so badly. The only reason I got back into the Rockets was because we got that the first overall pick. Then I discovered that we were getting Yao Ming. I was very interested.........I'm still going to watch the Rockets, but if they lose the next 4 games...SCREW THEM!

Golden State would PAY ANYTHING TO GET YAO. That would mean BIG MONEY FOR THEIR OWNER. But who would they trade for Yao? We are never going to trade Yao...the Warriors might end up winning the NBA Championship with Yao and Earl Boykins.

17. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I agree with you, I want Ming to excel, because he want be able to in this organization without change.

18. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

I like that Boykins guy. Can we get him? :)

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I am shocked at all the fans that still don't see what is happening. Francis had a great game at the expence of playmaking for his team. GREEDY!

20. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Let me put it to you in a simple way. I don't care if Rockets miss 40 free throws, if the loosing continues it's going to fall back on Rudy.