1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

FIRE RUDY T!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocket113, Jan 21, 2003.

1. rocket113

rocket113 Member

I have watched every single rockets game this year and it is very apparent to me that Rudy T is just not the right coach for this particular team. This team can match up with just about any one in the league talent wise but just does NOT play as a TEAM. They play completely out of control. No ball movement is leading to bad shooting and bad losses. His genius move of keeping the two best players on the bench at the end of the S.A. game was just another thing to add to his bad coaching decisions. Not getting Yao involved in the offense is killing not only the team but also effecting his confidence. This team will be lucky to even make the playoffs with the coaching decisions rudy T has made this year. I am sick and tired of watching this no offense team play selfish bad basketball. They should be a lot better then they are.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

You took the words right out of my mouth :D

3. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

How about we just ban you?

Rudy ain't going anywhere.

Where were you after they had beaten the Lakers and won their 3rd game in a roll.

Go back to your cave, troll.

4. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Oh, and "should be better than we are"?

They are in the middle of the playoff race and the chances are very good that they will make it in. Compare this years record with last years.

Wait...why am I trying to debate a troll. I've already won.

5. pooh222

pooh222 Member

It won't get any better until Rudy's r****ded ass is gone. This team's problems truley begin with bad coaching. With better coaching this team would have learned how to play team oriented basketball by now. Rudy even looks like a total dumbass on the sidelines. When the camera is on him, he has that dumb idiotic look on his face like he has no clue what he's doing out there.

6. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Yeah, way to argue your point - Rudy looks dumb, so I guess he is. :rolleyes:

7. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Actually during the Lakers game, the Rockets still played alot of isolation offense, the only difference is that the shots went in. The win wasn't really due to Rudy's coaching

Unfortunately Rudy isn't going anywhere when its obvious that everyone (other coaches - see ESPN article, other team announcers, NBA analysts) are questioning his calls and substitution patterns.

The simple fact that everyone (not just us fans who don't know anything) is questioning Rudy's judgements has to raise some eyebrows. I have been calling for the sacking of Rudy since 1999.

Anyways, waiting for this thread to be closed.

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Rudy T is a good fit as head coach for the Rockets. Much like Mack Brown is an excellent fit at UT. However, Rudy seriously needs to fire his assistants, and hire some that can draw up plays. Jim Boylen and Mike Wells are pretty ineffective. Hell, I'd be happy to have Clyde and Calvin Murphy rather than those two clowns. Larry Smith can stay since he's done a decent job with the big guys. Rudy just needs to be a motivator and assessor of talent.

9. pooh222

pooh222 Member

I've argued my point on Rudy enough. It's time for the Dumbass to go.

10. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

The Rockets deserve better than to have "fans" like some of you people. It's one thing to say why you don't think Rudy's a good coach, it's entirely another thing to start verbally insulting him using childish names like "dumbass." For all that Rudy's done for this city, he at least deserves some respect.

11. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I don't know about you, but when I've heard the media spoke about Rudy, it's always with praise and how well he's adjusting all his players

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Baqui I like your assessment (sp?). Players love to play for Rudy and thats the kind of head coach we need. Someone players love and will work hard for. But it's pretty clear that Rudy can be outcoached on offense and that his offense's stagnate at times. He is a great defensive coach, but a poor offensive one. We need to find an assistant who can come in and help advance the Rockets offense from the point it is at now. Firing Rudy is not the answer.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

One more thing what is John Lucas good at? Since he is availible now and has ties to the Rockets maybe we will look into him as some sort of assistant.

14. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

wizkid83-

Uh no. Rudy is a nice guy and seems like a cool person to have a beer with but if you listen to the other team's announcers' they are always questioning Rudy's calls. Also, there was a ESPN article last week that basically said that other coaches in the league are holding Rudy with less esteem these days because of his bone-headed decision making.

I agree, lets stick with professional insults for Rudy. There is no need to get all personal. He has done alot for the city and for the Rockets but its time for him to go.

15. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

And you dumbasses hide in the woodwork when the Rockets string wins together.

This young team isn't even halfway through the season and we went 8 out of 10, including Minn, Phx, Boston and Lakers.

Two losses later, and you're 'what have you done for me lately?'.

Pathetic.

16. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Cohen I agree.

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Apollo:- I agree with you, such language is uncalled for and disrespectfull!

Rudy is just a weak Head Coach and his Assistants dont deserve to be in their positions ( Larry excepted). He has no control of his players. The Mobes and Franchise Show will never take us to a Championship. Two greedy players on the one team making the same mistakes over and over again, with a Head Coach and Staff that cant see the mistakes.If they do see the mistakes they haven't made any effort to correct them. Francis going off for 44pts. in the Lakers Game does not make a great Team. It shows that the Franchise is a great shooting Guard and the Rox need a decent Point Guard to encourage and set up the other players. I feel that Yao Ming is nolonger playing his natural game. The Coach is making new demands upon him and he no longer uses any of the moves to the basket.I still feel that he should still come off the bench till he understands the NBA Game. If things go as they are now, he will become discouraged and problems will follow.Rudy gave up on his players in this game, after they came back to 12pts. down. I never thaught I would ever see the day!!

18. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

If anything the Rockets are over-achieving this year. This team won the lottery last year try to remember that. They're contedning for a 6 7 8 seed in the playoffs. If you expected anyhting more than that this season well thats your fault b/c most rockets fans will take that given the last 4 years.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wow. A plea to ban oneself. Intriguing.

20. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

:D

Thx for the comic relief tonight, DoD.