1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When would Tim Hardaway be fired?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by YaoROY, Dec 6, 2002.

1. YaoROY

YaoROY Member

I just watched the sportscenter, Tim Hardaway talked about the Lakers vs the Mavs, and, well, just like the previous times, he can't complete a sentence, can't remember what he's supposed to say, and don't even know how to ask for help.

This guy must be fired. If someone knows how to create a petition please create one and I'll be the first one to sign. :mad:

2. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

I hope he's fired soon...he's an embarassment to ESPN, they've lost credibility by hiring him.

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

sorry, thats what i get for trying to be moderator..thought this thread was in the Rockets forum.

I actually enjoy Hardaway. He tries so hard to find the right words, its hilarious. the dude definitely looks like hes stoned.

#3 Texas Stoke, Dec 6, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2002
  4. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Tim Hardaway is terrible. He should be fired immediatly!

5. drapg

drapg Member

Hilarious! I saw the same segment with Hardaway. He was having so much trouble spitting out his "analysis."

Dude must have some compromising pictures of Disney higher ups!

6. AMS_blackwidow

they never had credibility.. they cant get moochie noriss's name rite

7. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

How does this guy get a job? He is pathetic. I am watching him on ESPN now, and it is disturbing. I could do a better job then him.

8. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Host: So, Tim. Give me your analysis on Paul Pierce this year...

Tim: Yo! Paul is tight! He's da'bom! We're talking
    skillzz! I'd take him on my team anyday...

Host: O-kay-e... :rolleyes:

9. Timing

Timing Member

Soon I hope. Dirk Nowinsky? Get some help there Timmy.

10. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I heard alot of Hardaway bashing from the chat rooms to the fourms. What is wrong with him? I understand everyword he says. Hes alot better than Tom Tobert who every two minutes refers to his career high of 27 points in 1992. Hes terrible. I like Hardaway I wouldnt mind seeing him doing play by play.

11. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Tobert is bringing up his 27 points because it was the only time he played
    well. He's making fun if himself.

Hardaway is a better player, but he's not a better speaker.
    He must have forgotten to go to class. I mean, do guys really talk like
    that after going to college? "Yo, yo, yo. He my home-dawg, blah, blah, blah...."

12. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

He must have forgotten to go to class. I mean, do guys really talk like
    that after going to college? "Yo, yo, yo. He my home-dawg, blah, blah, blah...."
    --------------------------------------------
    I never heard Hardaway talk like that while on the error. And yes people do talk like that before and after college.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Tim Hardaway isn't really any good at being a broadcaster, but he's not as terrible as some of you make him out to be. I don't think he's ever sat there and talked to the audience like he's talking to his home boys in the locker room. All I can say is the guy has no prior experience, but niether did Calvin Murphy and I think we all like listening to the pocket rocket talk.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Timmy H pisses me off soo much on ESPN the other day when I was watching it and he was doing analysis on the laker-jazz game he couldnt even remember player names and he kept stuttering soo badly that the espn guy had to complete his sentence for him because he spent 30 seconds or so trying to say Jerry Buss or something like that. Hardaway needs to be taken off the air. Just because they can play the game doesnt make them "experts" or anything. I bet there are plenty of "average" fans that can go on these shows and do 100 times better than the former nba players do

15. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

These are typical Hardaway responses:

Host: Man, Tim! The Mavs look unstoppable.

Tim: Hey. The Mavs looks unstoppable.

* uncomfortable pause *

Host: Well, what can you say about Yao Ming.

Tim: Hey. What can I say about Yao Ming.

Host and ESPN audience: confused:

I love Tim Hardaway, but I'm really wondering how he managed to get this job. He doesn't have good speaking skills, he doesn't know how to articulate his thoughts, and most importantly he doesn't seem to have much incite into the game. Hell, the Host provides more incite than Hardaway.

I'm just waiting for Reggie to retire. Reggie would be great in Tim's place (except we'd have to look at his crooked teeth all the time.) :)

16. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Thats the equivalent of shooting yourself in the temple.

He is a completely unbearable ****ing moron, and it's not like he knows more about basketball than a lot of the people on this BBS!

Tolbert knows much, much more about basketball, probably from sitting on the bench and observing. When Hardaway was on the bench he probably didn't give a **** about learning more about the game through observation.

17. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Just give the guy some time...

18. cujo

cujo Member

Yeah..he's a rookie. Don't judge him until at least midseason. Give him more time and more games to get comfortable. He'll develop that quick analysis with eloquence by then. I wonder how Marv Albert did his rookie year?

19. Earl Cureton

Earl Cureton Contributing Member

His raised eyebrow freaks me out.

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I am not willing to give Tim Hardaway time, ESPN is embarassing themselves and not being a good standard for the industry.

Hiring Tim Hardaway and Sal Kazemma is an insult to numerous reporters who work their asses off in lower markets and deserve the opportunity to work at a top level corporation.

I am a broadcast journalism major at the University of Texas at Austin and it pisses me off that all these beacons for our industry insist on hiring professional athletes as commentators and making that a requirement seemingly nowadays.

That should not even be an issue, but as long as ESPN, CNN/SI, FOX sports do it, everyone else will follow their lead, and that's a big problem.

I'm not bitter, I just want a fair chance, because I know I can be as good as Sal or Tim right now, and better than half of ESPN's crew. That show with Kenny Mayne and Kevin Frazier was awful last night, downright bad. Mayne needs to work on his voice, his lines, etc, Frazier was fine. And that whole remix thing was way overplayed.