PDA

View Full Version : Aggie Corps starting fights again??

Free Agent
10-30-2002, 06:52 PM
I'd love to see the guys from Jackass go to a game and take a dump on their precious field. And, NO, I am not a UT fan or a fan of any other Big 12 or Texas team.

From CNNSI.COM

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) -- Texas A&M officials are investigating a fight after Saturday's 38-31 home loss to Nebraska.

Campus police told The Bryan-College Station Eagle that some excited Nebraska fans rushed onto the turf of Kyle Field, where they allegedly were assaulted by A&M's Corps of Cadets.

The police said they are unaware of whether the Cornhuskers fans want to press charges. However, they say the Nebraska fans do want to pursue misdemeanor charges.

The newspaper reports A&M's student life office is trying to identify the Aggies cadets involved in the fight.

mduke
10-30-2002, 06:54 PM
:rolleyes:

Refman
10-30-2002, 06:54 PM
I'd love to see the guys from Jackass go to a game and take a dump on their precious field.
Yep...gotta love seeing guys as stupid as those on Jackass get beaten to a pulp.

Smokey
10-30-2002, 07:00 PM
baqui, gr8-1, jb: pull out the ammo (funny corps pics)

Joe Joe
10-30-2002, 07:01 PM
Celebrating on Kyle Field. Priceless.

bigtexxx
10-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Free Agent

Campus police told The Bryan-College Station Eagle that some excited Nebraska fans rushed onto the turf of Kyle Field, where they allegedly were assaulted by A&M's Corps of Cadets.
[/i]

What a bunch of classless clowns.

gr8-1
10-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Refman
Yep...gotta love seeing guys as stupid as those on Jackass get beaten to a pulp.

LOL. THe corp hit him from behind. He hightailed it when two Husker linemen showed up.

Even your own Ag brethren thinks the corp is a focking joke.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=162600&forum_id=5
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=160896&page=1&forum_id=5

Also, if the corp cadet is about honor, I think the cadets involved should step up and show a bit of integrity by saying "hey, I did it."

Anyone not in law enforcement should not attack another person. It's not their job to defend the field.

Trader_Jorge
10-30-2002, 07:18 PM
To the Corps' credit, they have become much more inclusive recently.

http://mctruck.freeservers.com/engagement.jpg

http://mctruck.freeservers.com/engagement.jpg

Refman
10-30-2002, 07:27 PM
Anyone not in law enforcement should not attack another person.
Well I think we all know who's house to break into. :rolleyes:

Refman
10-30-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by bigtexxx
What a bunch of classless clowns.
I agree...those Nebraska fans should do what they're freaking told.

Elvis Costello
10-30-2002, 07:29 PM
When I read this story I immeadiately thought of Neidermeyer from "Animal House."

http://www.acmewebpages.com/graphics/pic28.jpg

Since the corps at A&M have no actual standing with the US military, why not have an Aggies Paint Ball Corps, or something, to guard "sacred" Kyle Field? Nice team, by the way.

Refman
10-30-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Elvis Costello
Since the corps at A&M have no actual standing with the US military, why not have an Aggies Paint Ball Corps, or something, to guard "sacred" Kyle Field? Nice team, by the way.
You know...I find it humorous that everybody KNOWS what will be the reaction should they run onto Kyle Field...yet they still do it and want to boo hoo about it later.

mduke
10-30-2002, 07:32 PM
http://www.plauder-smilies.com/rough/tank.gif

Smokey
10-30-2002, 07:32 PM
The perra has those dudes whipped. If she wants the bed, the dude has to sleep on the floor :D

gr8-1
10-30-2002, 07:37 PM
Well I think we all know who's house to break into. :rolleyes:

I forgot to put unless provoked.

Who appointed the corp to guard the field? It seems they appointed themselves. Let the cops do their jobs and go play war.

Also, what were the NU fans gonna steal? I doubt they were gonna take the goalposts. atm isn't a big game for anyone except Louisiana-Lafayette and Texas Tech.

I wonder if they hit women this time.

kidrock8
10-30-2002, 07:53 PM
What a joke.

Is Kyle Field=The Alamo?

I didn't realize that Nebraska fans declared war on A&M. This is up there with Pearl Harbor...

What is the point of the corps? So that nerds can look alike, and be around he same guys for 4 years?

Refman
10-30-2002, 07:55 PM
What is the point of the corps? So that nerds can look alike, and be around he same guys for 4 years?
Hey dumbass...a lot of those "nerds" leave A&M as commissioned officers in the 4 main military branches. Do a little reasearch - not much - just enough to know something about an organization before you bash it.

arkoe
10-30-2002, 08:00 PM
More generals over the years have come out of A&M then West Point.

kidrock8
10-30-2002, 08:06 PM
Hey dumbass...a lot of those "nerds" leave A&M as commissioned officers in the 4 main military branches. Do a little reasearch - not much - just enough to know something about an organization before you bash it.

Do they get such high accolades from "defending" the football field from the Nebraska fans?

B-Bob
10-30-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by kidrock8

Nope. That's the point of FRATS. :eek: uh-oh. Flame on! (ducks behind desk).

gr8-1
10-30-2002, 08:32 PM
Refman, even your fellow Redasses think he is wrong. I hope the corp guy who popped the NU fan in the [b]back[/] of the head isn't a general in my army. At least he didn't draw his sabre, well, I don't think he did. Nutcases.

The corp is and has been out of control for a long time now. Way to make our University look bad again guys

"It makes no difference if they were told to get off the field. It's not like the guy was protecting women and children. Anyone who thinks Kyle Field is some holy grale that must be protected at all costs is an absolute moron. I don't like seeing opposing fans running on our field either, but nobody deserves to get punched in the face for going on the field. It makes us look like bunch of sore losers. Maybe if the team would produce we wouldn't have to worry about people running all over the field. Until then we should learn to lose with class and not act like a bunch of high school morons. The Corps always talks about representing the University as Keepers of the Spirit....well I don't think they did such a good job of it tonight. If this guy isn't removed from the Corps something is seriously wrong with that organization."

"KYLE FIELD IS NOT A MEMORIAL!!!!"

""The corps is absolutely out of hand."

"i was upset about the loss tonight. but i am furious after seeing someone assulted for being on the field."

Refman
10-30-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by kidrock8
Do they get such high accolades from "defending" the football field from the Nebraska fans?

Tell you what...if I tell you not to walk on my front yard and you do it anyway...you're subject to being forced to kiss the ground. Same thing happened here.

gr8-1
10-30-2002, 08:50 PM
Tell you what...if I tell you not to walk on my front yard and you do it anyway...you're subject to being forced to kiss the ground. Same thing happened here.

It's not the corps' yard. Your own fans didn't leave the Tech stadium after you got your asses handed to you. It's a field just like any other field, kyle field is property of atm. atm hires policemen to keep threatening fans off the field, not the corp.

If you are gonna take a swing at the guy, please be man enough to not hit him from behind.

Refman
10-30-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by gr8-1
It's not the corps' yard. Your own fans didn't leave the Tech stadium after you got your asses handed to you. It's a field just like any other field, kyle field is property of atm. atm hires policemen to keep threatening fans off the field, not the corp.

If you are gonna take a swing at the guy, please be man enough to not hit him from behind.
It just seems to me that fans from various schools know what happens...they hear the admonitions on the PA to stay off the field and they just want to test it anyway. Then they always end up whining about it later.

If you're going to test somebody...be man enough not to whine about it once you get your ass kicked. See...it works both ways.

Elvis Costello
10-30-2002, 09:06 PM
Here's something A&M can do to prevent all of this ugliness: stop blowing leads in the 4th quarter at sacred Kyle Field. Maybe some of the future generals in the corps can play cornerback, or something.

gr8-1
10-30-2002, 09:13 PM
It just seems to me that fans from various schools know what happens...they hear the admonitions on the PA to stay off the field and they just want to test it anyway. Then they always end up whining about it later.

If you're going to test somebody...be man enough not to whine about it once you get your ass kicked. See...it works both ways.

Do other fans attack fans who storm the field, if NU fans DID storm the field.

And, I wouldn't call that a butt kicking. Hell, if I was a pissed off corp guy, I'd go after the Vtech player who shoveled a piece of the endzone in a glad bag. Why didn't he go after the VT player? I guess a "future general" knows whom to pick his fights with.

What was he defending his yard from? Was the NU fan gonna crap on the field? If he's pissed about someone crapping on the field, I suggest he go after a member of the atm football team. They did that when they blew a 17 point lead at home, again.

anyone who believes a punch to the head is justice for an opposing fan running on the field has their priorities completely wacked out. lets be honest here, there are other ways to handle that. none of the good ways include punching an opposing fan in the face. end of discussion.

There's more where this came from. Ref, you seem like a level headed person and I believe you are a lawyer, no? Throwing a punch (to the back of the head) is assault, right? Especially when unprovoked?

Refman
10-30-2002, 09:17 PM
Throwing a punch (to the back of the head) is assault, right?
Actually...it's a battery. But you've got the idea. :)

t4651965
10-30-2002, 10:46 PM
Refman, you should be embarassed for defending a crime.

Major
10-30-2002, 10:50 PM

I like this philosophy. Forget about right and wrong. If we make innane decisions and policies, you shouldn't care because we told you about it beforehand.

Perhaps they should start shooting opposing fans.... and then when the opposing fans get shot, say its OK because they should have known.

Never mind the fact that what the corps members did was illegal.

swt939
10-30-2002, 11:06 PM
i would just like to say...

A&M SUCKS.

thank you

Rokkit
10-30-2002, 11:16 PM
I'd always been under the impression that even most Aggies dislike the Corp.

Puedlfor
10-30-2002, 11:50 PM
If people aren't allowed to run all over the field, someone should have told the wrecking crew, cause they didn't get the memo. . .

hey, look at it this way, it was a sucker punch, from behind, by someone not authorized to defend anything, from a member of the most visible group on campus, on a jubilant Nebraska fan who was probably going to jump around for a few seconds until he realized that his mediocre team beat your mediocre team; BUT at least no women were hit this time, or no people were beat with baseball bats for walking across the band's practice field. . . .

Refman
10-31-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by t4651965
Refman, you should be embarassed for defending a crime.
Really? Did you ever take a drink before you were 21? If so then you need to learn something about consistency...because that's a crime too.

Refman
10-31-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by swt939

A&M SUCKS.

thank you
I'd just like to say...

YOU'RE A MORON.

Thank you.

tozai
10-31-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Puedlfor
If people aren't allowed to run all over the field, someone should have told the wrecking crew, cause they didn't get the memo. . .

Nice...

arkoe
10-31-2002, 01:16 AM

A&M SUCKS.

thank you

Oh look, Southwest Texas decided to show up. Great.

Do they even have a football team? Go back to partying.

gr8-1
10-31-2002, 02:02 AM
Really? Did you ever take a drink before you were 21? If so then you need to learn something about consistency...because that's a crime too.

Yes. But , I never hit anyone in the back of the head for congratulating their team. Heck, why didn't the NU fan's rip down the goalpost? They beat the wrecking crew for god's sake; they almost scored as many point s as Tech at Kyle Field.

gr8-1
10-31-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by arkoe
Oh look, Southwest Texas decided to show up. Great.

Do they even have a football team? Go back to partying.

Suprisingly, your AD actually scheduled SWT (a team that is under .500 in Div 1-aa). What, was ULL not available?

Refman
10-31-2002, 02:07 AM
Yes. But , I never hit anyone in the back of the head for congratulating their team. Heck, why didn't the NU fan's rip down the goalpost? They beat the wrecking crew for god's sake; they almost scored as many point s as Tech at Kyle Field.
I don't give a flying tinker's damn what people do at THEIR home stadium, but I take umbrage when people do this at another school. I would certainly NEVER have done this even when I was 19 and full of aggression. If I had...I would have taken what I had coming to me and wouldn't have cried about it later.

BTW...I DON'T agree with jumping somebody from behind...but would it be different to you had the Cadet hit this guy in the face?

gr8-1
10-31-2002, 02:08 AM
BUT at least no women were hit this time,

That hasn't been confirmed.

But, we do know that the "generals" never touched the VT player who dug up the dirt in the atm endzone. I guess their sabres weren't sharpened or they couldn't get a clean hit on said VT player.

Has one of the "generals" had the integrity to confess to the crime? No? Why not?

Refman
10-31-2002, 02:12 AM
Has one of the "generals" had the integrity to confess to the crime? No? Why not?
Have you confessed to everything you have ever done in a moment of poor judgment? If you say yes not only will I call you sarcastic...but a liar as well.

gr8-1
10-31-2002, 02:16 AM
I don't give a flying tinker's damn what people do at THEIR home stadium, but I take umbrage when people do this at another school.

Like when you guys did your cheers at Tech after you lost and the game was over? OR when Major McKinney hit a fellow Ag (who happened to be black) for trying to get back in the stands?

BTW...I DON'T agree with jumping somebody from behind...but would it be different to you had the Cadet hit this guy in the face

From what I've seen, read and heard of the cadets, punching a fan in the face isn't their style. Now, drawing their sabre on an SMU cheerleader while their team is getting their redasses handed to them is.

The truth is...I dont think this is going to get much publicity "up north" in Nebraska...cuz I'll be very honest with you guys (and most of you are aware of this)...a great number of people outside of College Station think that the Corp (and by extension everyone at A&M) is a bunch of overzealous traditionalists that dont care a gnats ass about football if there is grass to defend. Honestly, the majority of people are going to laugh about this...and rightfully so...cuz its so sad and truly humorous that we still have a number of folks at A&M that behave this way.

Another quote from an Aggie site. This is the state of your life/alma mater, refman. You already know the truth, but I guess you're plaing the role of a lawyer who will never admit defeat.

I'm gonna ask you again. Kyle Field is not a memorial. This has been confirmed by the campus police, Wally Groff (your AD), and 98 % of your student body. What the fock was the corp cadet defending when he took the cheapshot at the NU fan? ALl the NU fan was doing was congratulating his 5-3 team for beating another 5-3 team. Who knows, he may have been related to someone on the team.

Also, integrity check. Shouldn't this "future general" be accountable for his actions? You hit the guy from behind, now let's acquire some integrity and admit to doing so.

Puedlfor
10-31-2002, 02:18 AM
Taking what you had coming to you?

Since when is running onto Kyle field punishable by cheap shots to the back of the head by someone who doesn't even have the job to keep spectators off the field?

I can't believe you're DEFENDing this. . .

This is why people think Aggies are a bunch of crazy-ass cult members, hitting someone for running on the field, and then having the rest of the redass Aggies frickin' defend them for it. Ridiculous.

gr8-1
10-31-2002, 02:26 AM
The sad thing is, 200 cadets had (not for the first time) embarassed a proud university of 48,000. You've clicked the link Refman, your fellow Ags are appalled and embarassed. I'm shocked that you aren't.

So help me God, if the Ags manage to win in Austin T + 1 and their fans decide to rush the field, as pissed as I am, I won't stop any of them. I'm gonna leave that job to the campus security that is paid and assigned to do their job. It is not the corps job to defend the field.I

guess next time an opposing fan yells during one of our games we should collectively mob him, pluck all the hair from his body, pull his limbs off one by one using them to club his wife and children, all while showing it on the Jumbotron and broadcasting it worldwide through CNN with the heading, "This is what happens when you disrespect the Aggies at Kyle Field"

This Aggie speaks for 99% of Aggies. What is wrong with you, Refman?

Refman
10-31-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Puedlfor
Taking what you had coming to you?

Since when is running onto Kyle field punishable by cheap shots to the back of the head by someone who doesn't even have the job to keep spectators off the field?

I can't believe you're DEFENDing this. . .

This is why people think Aggies are a bunch of crazy-ass cult members, hitting someone for running on the field, and then having the rest of the redass Aggies frickin' defend them for it. Ridiculous.
Case in point...
As a 19 year old sophomore I went to an Aggie football game against LSU in Baton Rouge. At the time it was an annual game and was highly anticipated. On my way into the studium I was accosted by every drunken LSU fan in sight.

I went to the game...I cheered...I had a good time. I supported my team as vocally as anybody. I got beer poured on me from the deck above...all that stuff.

We won. I didn't even consider going onto the field. I left the studium...got in my car with my friends...and drove back to Texas.

Had I gone onto the field knowing LSU's reputation for fans throwing beer bottles and other assorted things at visiting fans...I wouldn't have looked to sue later.

Refman
10-31-2002, 02:34 AM
This Aggie speaks for 99% of Aggies.
Can I have your poll data?

So help me God, if the Ags manage to win in Austin T + 1 and their fans decide to rush the field
I'd be pissed if they did. That's not what being a visitor is all about.

I was VERY angry at the 2 or 3 students several years ago who deided to deface the field at Texas. THAT is what embarrassed me.

Like when you guys did your cheers at Tech after you lost and the game was over?
Those students didn't do anything outside of their license (ticket) to be in the stands.

I guess you're plaing the role of a lawyer who will never admit defeat.
I am a lawyer...I don't just play one on the BBS. :)

Who knows, he may have been related to someone on the team.
Not likely. People who are related to team members generally aren't that exuberant.

Look...I don't advocate what was done. I just don't think people should be looking to make a Federal case out of it. This is not the behavior that I would exhibit...and I wouldn't advise anybody else to exhibit it either. I just think it's stupid to do something knowing what may happen and then bitch when it does.

gr8-1
10-31-2002, 02:54 AM
Can I have your poll data?
Click the link. IMO, the internet has fans that are diehard and also more tempermental then regular fans. But, texags.com is a very anti-Longhorn site and a very Pro-Ag site. I don't have the time or the energy to run a survey through Bryan-College station, but I know enough to know that the Corp embarasses plenty of Ags. You can call me on my 99% hperbole, but I think you know as well as I do that alot of Ags do not support the acts of the Corp. To many, they are an embarrassment to the university.

I'd be pissed if they did. That's not what being a visitor is all about. It would be disrespectful, but no reason to hit a guy from behind. As mad as I would be if atm, by some miracle, beats UT at DKR, I would leave the stadium. IF the Ags wanna rush the field (which I doubt), let them. If they want to desecrate the field (which I doubt and I also doubt that was the NU fan's intent), I would let the law handle it.

I was VERY angry at the 2 or 3 students several years ago who deided to deface the field at Texas. THAT is what embarrassed me. Don't remember that. Last time atm won at DKR, I wasn't in school.

Those students didn't do anything outside of their license (ticket) to be in the stands. Never read the fine print on my ticket, so how long am I allowed to stay in the stands? Incidentally, what is the punishment for "running" on the field? A 3 hour stay in jail and a misdemeanor charge or a shot to the back of my head from a sore loser corp guy? My visitor ticket at Kyle never specifies.

I am a lawyer... For that reason, I expected more from you. Your felllow Ags seemed to be more reasonable and level-headed on this topic. Donde esta pinche DCKid?

Not likely. People who are related to team members generally aren't that exuberant. Explain that to Seth and Steve McKinney's dad. He was swinging his binoculars at anything wearing Tech paraphenelia or anything not white in Lubbock last year. I've got pictures.

Look...I don't advocate what was done. Yes, you did. Read your first few posts; before you edit them.

I just don't think people should be looking to make a Federal case out of it. Noone here has. We've all just stated how stupid and ill-mannered the cadet acted, like his predeccessors.
This is not the behavior that I would exhibit agreed....and I wouldn't advise anybody else to exhibit it either. I think it's safe for me to speak for most everyone here, we wouldn't either. Violence is rarely the answer.

I just think it's stupid to do something knowing what may happen and then bitch when it does.

Only, from what I know, violence is not the end result at any other school with the exception of ATM. If I were a student at NMSU and we upset Michigan or Texas, I would probably rush the field. What I wouldn't expect is some guy to hit me in the back of the head while I jog onto the field. Is that not a reasonable expectation?

Here's the thing. I can quote both atm and nu students/fans who say that this shined a horrible light on TAMU. Violence is not expected at football games, unless you are playing atm, apparently.

Refman
10-31-2002, 03:16 AM
But, texags.com is a very anti-Longhorn site and a very Pro-Ag site.
I have visited texags.com MANY times (big shock, eh? :) ) and it is frequented by a lot of Ags...and a lot of trolls who go there to stir up crap.

Don't remember that. Last time atm won at DKR, I wasn't in school.
In 1994 a couple of A&M students broke into the stadium the night before the game and cut the horns out of the middle of the field. All over the A&M campus people were trying to figure out who did it so we could turn them in. To the best of my knowledge they were never found. Myself and ALL of my friends were pissed.

Never read the fine print on my ticket, so how long am I allowed to stay in the stands?
Until security tells you that they're closing the stadium and that you need to leave.

Incidentally, what is the punishment for "running" on the field?
Criminal trespass. It is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by a $2,000 fine and/or 180 days in jail.

For that reason, I expected more from you. Your felllow Ags seemed to be more reasonable and level-headed on this topic.
I'm a lawyer...not perfect. We all have things to which we may react in a manner many view to be extreme.

Explain that to Seth and Steve McKinney's dad. He was swinging his binoculars at anything wearing Tech paraphenelia or anything not white in Lubbock last year.
THAT is embarrassing.

Only, from what I know, violence is not the end result at any other school with the exception of ATM.
Reference the beer bottle example I posted about LSU. even though I didn't have a problem, I had friends who actually had beer bottles thrown at them. Fortunately, no real damage was done.

Another example...A&M was playing at home against Kansas State. My friend and I went to the restroom before the game. I finished and went outside to wait. My friend (5'6", 150lbs) comes out followed by 2 guys about 6 feet tall. They were harrassing my friend and threatening to beat him up. They stopped when I (6'5", 240) and my other friend (6'2", 225) intervened.

Don't act like A&M has a corner on the market of college students acting the fool.

Elliott03
10-31-2002, 03:58 AM
GiG em' aggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elliott03
10-31-2002, 04:09 AM
WOW, let me find bad stuff about UT students and make a huge deal out of it:rolleyes:

Smokey
10-31-2002, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Elliott03
WOW, let me find bad stuff about UT students and make a huge deal out of it:rolleyes:

Go ahead. I won't defend their actions.

arkoe
10-31-2002, 04:20 AM
Suprisingly, your AD actually scheduled SWT (a team that is under .500 in Div 1-aa). What, was ULL not available?

Sorry for the hyperbole. I should realize after what Smeg went through in the Rockets forum tonight that this board has problems with sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Refman
10-31-2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Elliott03
You mean like when they stole Rev out of a cadet's backyard during Christmas break?

DVauthrin
10-31-2002, 04:27 AM
Let's not forget who started all this prank stuff, now, a long time ago Refman.

Remember 13-0 Branded on our mascot? And it's subsquent name of Bevo.

That said, I don't condone actions like these at any university, especially UT. And for the most part both aggie and longhorn fans are pretty classy.

Refman
10-31-2002, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by DVauthrin
Let's not forget who started all this prank stuff, now, a long time ago Refman.

Remember 13-0 Branded on our mascot? And it's subsquent name of Bevo.
You got a new name for your mascot out of the deal. Besides...don't they feed their mascot to the team when it comes time to slaughter? I PROMISE you'll NEVER see that at A&M. :D

DVauthrin
10-31-2002, 04:30 AM
They don't feed Bevo to the team, they put him out to pasture, lol.

Plus, it's tough to eat a collie dog now isn't it, Refman :)

Refman
10-31-2002, 04:31 AM
They don't feed Bevo to the team, they put him out to pasture, lol.
One of my high school friends that went to school at Texas told me that...I never knew whether or not to believe that. I always thought that sounded suspect but didn't feel like arguing with him about it. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

arkoe
10-31-2002, 04:36 AM
Plus, it's tough to eat a collie dog now isn't it, Refman :)

I don't know. I always heard that Taco Bell's meat was dog meat, and damn do I love Taco Bell.

Refman
10-31-2002, 04:40 AM
I don't know. I always heard that Taco Bell's meat was dog meat, and damn do I love Taco Bell.
(shudder)

Cohen
10-31-2002, 08:03 AM
What the aggies have done over the years to opponents who venture on their field is embarrassing for their institution. They can rationalize it all they want, but it won't change other people's perceptions about it. Actions like these by a few but defended by many creates and perpetuates the university's image.

That said, they're certainly not the only school with embarrassing traditions. But I don't know of any other 'traditions' like this that are defended so vehemently.

Major
10-31-2002, 09:48 AM
Don't act like A&M has a corner on the market of college students acting the fool.

Agreed. But A&M is the only school that seems to rationalize and support it.

DCkid
10-31-2002, 10:12 AM
Before I go any further, can someone first tell me why Nebraska fans were rushing the field after beating the Aggies? Sheesh. This is the biggest quesiton I have on my mind. Are things really that bad for that school right now? How the mighty have fallen...that's almost embarassing.

Anyways...

I've never heard of Aggie fans rushing someone elses field after a victory. For God Sakes, we don't even trample all over our own damn field after a victory over the Longhorns! Why can't some of these other schools show the same respect? Whether you think the traditions are stupid or not, you should at least respect them while you're on the campus, no matter how much of an asshole you are.

Second of all, to those of you who want to use isolated incidents by a couple stupid Corps member to judge the entire school need to take off your Aggie-Hatin' caps. Obviously, it reflects badly on the school, there's no denying that. But, it is by no mean indicative of the student body or alumni as a whole. The fact some people will look at this and say, "heh, well, that's an Aggie for ya," just makes me sick. I've seen Texas Tech fans throw batteries at Aggie players and ram field goal posts into Aggie fans; however, I'm smart enough to understand that 99% of Texas Tech fans are <b>not</b> violent, uncontrollable monsters. Furthermore, this isn't even the typical student body at A&M that are doing some of these things, this is a distinct group that has very little in common with the vast majority of the university.

I am not defending someone for hitting another person in the head. This idiot should be seriously punished. But, since there are also idiots in the world who are not A&M fans (believe it or not, there are), it looks like there will continue to be people from other schools who trample all over the field after winning at Kyle Field. In my opinion the Corps needs to address this right now. They should either make it clear to leave it to security, or go about a different method like asking the person(s) to please get off the field. If the person continues to not get off the field after kindly being asked and a fight breaks out, I wouldn't really care if that person got his ass kicked for being a disrespectful asshole. However, just running on the field and wildly taking cheap shots is ridiculous and embarassing to the school.

Free Agent
10-31-2002, 10:15 AM
Aggies field old questions after skirmish

By Brent Zwerneman
San Antonio Express-News

Web Posted : 10/30/2002 12:00 AM

COLLEGE STATION — The 55 American flags atop Texas A&M's Kyle Field honor the Aggies killed in World War I. The grass beneath and between the flags, so often torn asunder by soiled football players, does not.
That's why Athletic Director Wally Groff, a 1964 A&M graduate, has a hard time figuring out why the field of Kyle has a mythical reputation as some sort of war memorial.

"There's no policy about not having anyone on the field because it's a memorial," Groff said Tuesday. "I'd never even heard of that, other than in recent years. It certainly wasn't that way when I was in school. To say that's a myth is to use as good a word as any."

But that myth also provides some Aggies with the excuse of trying to whip opposing fans who rush onto the field following a football game. It happened again last Saturday, as a Corps of Cadets member swung at and hit a Nebraska fan who sprinted onto the field after the Cornhuskers' 38-31 win.

And now, an investigation between the Corps and A&M's department of student life is under way to determine exactly what happened Saturday, and to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

"It certainly reflects poorly on the young man, the Corps of Cadets and Texas A&M in general," Groff said of the incident.

While the recipient of the hit, a 21-year-old Nebraska student, didn't want to press charges against the unnamed Corps member, he did file some paperwork with A&M university police. The report said that the back of the student's neck was "red and swollen," and that's got the Corps command saying it's seeing red.

"It's not the Corps' duty to keep people off of the field," said Maj. "Doc" Mills, Corps of Cadets spokesman. "That's the job of law enforcement. Neither the Commandant office or the university condones any sort of public misconduct by any of our cadets."

Mills said if the student — an "Officer of the Day" at the game — is found at fault, appropriate discipline will take place. Mills said the Corps' Officers of the Day — who can range from a handful at a game to about 20, depending on how many seniors are in that game's selected unit — are charged with "maintaining good order and discipline" among cadets attending the game.

Order among visitors to Kyle Field usually hasn't been a problem in the R.C. Slocum era, as the coach has lost only 11 home games in his 14 years as head coach, thus subduing the emotions of opposing fans at game's end. But three of those losses have come this year, and No. 2 Oklahoma visits the unranked Aggies on Nov. 9.

And once again, law-enforcement officials will line the visitors section of Kyle Field to try and keep fans off the field, although Groff said they're under instruction not to use force to remove anyone.

"And the Corps definitely does not have the responsibility for enforcing such a deal," Groff said. "You prefer that people stay off of the field, just to keep the grass from being trampled on. But then when we win a ballgame, we know there are hundreds of Corps freshmen who chase down the Yell Leaders on the field (as an Aggies tradition) ... The field isn't sacred."

Based on the latest fight on the field, Mills said Tuesday that the Corps is reviewing its policy of having "Officers of the Day" on the field, before anything worse than some swelling around the neck among opposing fans occurs.

The most notorious incident involving a Corps of Cadets member and a visitor came in October 1981, when senior Greg Hood wielded his saber at an SMU cheerleader on the field after a 27-7 Aggies loss on Halloween.

The university suspended a contrite Hood.

Mills said cadets' sabers are now "locked down" in their case and can't be removed for such reasons as frightening visitors.

More recently, some cadets tussled with Texas fans who stormed Kyle Field after the Longhorns won the final Southwest Conference crown, 16-6, in early December 1995. One arrest was made at that time when a UT fan reportedly hit an off-duty Bryan police officer in the groin with an orange.

The injuries so far have been light — although the Bryan officer may not agree — in any kind of skirmishes between Aggies and visitors to Kyle. And A&M officials said Tuesday they'll try and do what they can to keep it that way, especially with visitors having more reason to celebrate at Kyle after games these days.

bzwerneman@express-news.net

DCkid
10-31-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Major

Agreed. But A&M is the only school that seems to rationalize and support it.
Yeah, after reading the above article it really sounds like A&M supports it. :rolleyes:

bigtexxx
10-31-2002, 10:32 AM
I just find it humorous how some people fiercely defend the corps when they are obviously out of line, as is the case here. The corps isn't a police force and is not legally allowed to attack people who go onto Kyle field. Dressing a thousand (or however many of them there are) young men in military uniforms and giving some of them sabres probably riles them up and they lose their cool. Many aggies just get brainwashed during their time in college station and think that the corps can simply do no wrong. This whole thing about how they're above other students because some of them join the military as an officer is a pile of crap. I've got news for you Aggies - there are tons of non-corps college students at other universities who do the very same thing in joining the military as an officer.

By the way - the corps have pulled their sabres on Rice students (my alma mater) in the past as well.

DCkid
10-31-2002, 10:37 AM
Many aggies just get brainwashed during their time in college station and think that the corps can simply do no wrong.
You really don't have a clue, do you? The majority of Aggies, are either not supportive of many things the Corps does, or they don't even care enough about the what the Corps does to give it any thought. I should know, I'm one of them. The Corps had little to no effect on my life while I was a student at A&M.

Major
10-31-2002, 10:40 AM
<B>Yeah, after reading the above article it really sounds like A&M supports it.
</b>

I guess I should have said "many A&M fans" rather than A&M. The University itself has never supported any of these types of things. Most other school's fans don't ever support ANY of these types of things.

bigtexxx
10-31-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by DCkid
You really don't have a clue, do you? The majority of Aggies, are either not supportive of many things the Corps does, or they don't even care enough about the what the Corps does to give it any thought. I should know, I'm one of them. The Corps had little to no effect on my life while I was a student at A&M.

No I think you're the one with no clue. Have you not read the fierce defense of the corps in this thread? Many Aggies are in fact supportive of the corps.

DCkid
10-31-2002, 11:23 AM
No I think you're the one with no clue. Have you not read the fierce defense of the corps in this thread? Many Aggies are in fact supportive of the corps.
First of all, Refman is the only <b>one</b> I see that supports this, and I'm not sure if he's really saying he supports it or not. I just thought he was commenting on how stupid a person can be to come on the field after being warned over the PA system that fans are not allowed on the field. If Refman does actually support what happened, then I disagree with him. There are going to be idiots who are going to run out onto the field, and security personnel should take care of it, not members of the Corps.

Did you check the link to one of the Aggies message board that someone provided? Most Aggies are disgusted by this. Your insinuation that most Aggies think the Corps can do no wrong is untrue.

MadMax
10-31-2002, 11:35 AM
The Corps was wrong...

This is why you employ stadium security...to keep people off the field...you don't charge that duty to a bunch of college kids running around with sabres. It's ridiculous, it's indefensible, and it should be stopped.

mav3434
10-31-2002, 12:13 PM

Rule of law... government of laws but not men....that's the law....blah blah blah....blah blah blah....sound familiar?

Refman
10-31-2002, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure if he's really saying he supports it or not.
I don't support it...I just think it's a little disingenuous to do something knowing what might happen and then bitch when it does.

Many aggies just get brainwashed during their time in college station and think that the corps can simply do no wrong.
Not true...when I was in school there Parsons Mounted Cavalry was disbanded due to an incident. That was a move that the vast majority of students supported. The Cavalry had a history of abuses. Most of us think that in many ways the Corps needs reform - ie closer tabs on hazing - but that could be said about frats etc as well.

Refman
10-31-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by mav3434
Rule of law... government of laws but not men....that's the law....blah blah blah....blah blah blah....sound familiar?
He said that defending a crime was disgusting. If he had committed a crime that would be inconsistent. That's the point I was making.

BTW...do you have anything useful to say here? I didn't think so.

mav3434
10-31-2002, 12:33 PM
He said that defending a crime was disgusting. If he had committed a crime that would be inconsistent. That's the point I was making.

BTW...do you have anything useful to say here? I didn't think so.

The feeling is mutual.

Whatever. You said the AM cadet dude should have the right to take the law into his own hands and defend his "yard"

I don't necessarily disagree, but you have frequently set yourself up in the past to be hoisted by your own petard by robotically espousing a hardline "rule of laws/laws, laws, laws" approach in other contexts, and now apparently you're willing to discard it if the outcome is at odds with a position you favor.

Refman
10-31-2002, 12:43 PM
I don't necessarily disagree, but you have frequently set yourself up in the past to be hoisted by your own petard by robotically espousing a hardline "rule of laws/laws, laws, laws" approach in other contexts, and now apparently you're willing to discard it if the outcome is at odds with a position you favor.
Ever hear of the legal construct called "assumption of the risk?"

mav3434
10-31-2002, 01:17 PM

Yes, though I don't believe it applied to intentional torts. In any event, 18th C. English legal doctrine doesn't really seem like it applies here.

MadMax
10-31-2002, 01:18 PM

it's a legal impossibility for the corps to make the assumption of the risk argument...one can't assume the risk of another perpetrating a crime or an intentional tort against him. can you imagine if that were really so? "yeah...he came into our neighborhood...he knew we were tough S.O.B.'s...he knew we put people down before...so we didn't do anything wrong...he assumed the risk!"

Refman
10-31-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by MadMax
it's a legal impossibility for the corps to make the assumption of the risk argument...one can't assume the risk of another perpetrating a crime or an intentional tort against him. can you imagine if that were really so? "yeah...he came into our neighborhood...he knew we were tough S.O.B.'s...he knew we put people down before...so we didn't do anything wrong...he assumed the risk!"
I agree that this is not a case for assumption of the risk...my post was meant to be tongue in cheek. But I must state that it IS possible for it to apply to an intentional tort or a crime. If you and I were hanging out and decided to have an impromptu boxing match, we could beat each other silly. An act that in the absence of the agreement would be both an intentional tort and a crime.

For the record...I never said that there shouldn't be prosecution. I merely commented on the character of the individual who ran onto the field and decided to whine later. Nobody handled the situation particularly well.

gr8-1
10-31-2002, 01:49 PM
ref, your earlier posts sounds like you thought the UNL guy deserved it. Since when does running on to the field warrant a shot to the back of the head? And, why is it only expected at atm? Past history I guess? Also, when the PA announcer said "stay off the field" was that follwed by "or you'll be punched?" It's sad that a few bad "future generals" can make a good university look bad. I think Groff's handling of the situation has been correct thus far.

Refman
10-31-2002, 01:54 PM
ref, your earlier posts sounds like you thought the UNL guy deserved it. Since when does running on to the field warrant a shot to the back of the head? And, why is it only expected at atm? Past history I guess? Also, when the PA announcer said "stay off the field" was that follwed by "or you'll be punched?" It's sad that a few bad "future generals" can make a good university look bad. I think Groff's handling of the situation has been correct thus far.
This may be the only thing Groff has done right in his entire tenure at A&M.

I don't think that the guy from Nebraska "deserved it." But I DO think that he shouldn't be bitching about it given the fact that he KNEW what could happen.

MadMax
10-31-2002, 01:55 PM
But I must state that it IS possible for it to apply to an intentional tort or a crime. If you and I were hanging out and decided to have an impromptu boxing match, we could beat each other silly. An act that in the absence of the agreement would be both an intentional tort and a crime.

different analysis altogether...that fits in the whole competitive sports doctrine assumption of risk stuff...

you can not assume the risk of an intentional tort outside of the realm of competitive sports...that's why some guys have been prosecuted even within the realm of competitive sports for assault, particularly when it happens during a timeout...no one assumes that kind of risk.

Cohen
10-31-2002, 02:01 PM
I don't support it...I just think it's a little disingenuous to do something knowing what might happen and then bitch when it does....

We have convenience stores, and know more will be robbed.

Should we just close them all down?

Refman
10-31-2002, 02:01 PM
that's why some guys have been prosecuted even within the realm of competitive sports for assault, particularly when it happens during a timeout
I think that it was because the contact that occurred was outside the understood terms of the consent in the case. It's been a couple of years though.

Cohen
10-31-2002, 02:07 PM
Before I go any further, can someone first tell me why Nebraska fans were rushing the field after beating the Aggies? Sheesh. This is the biggest quesiton I have on my mind. Are things really that bad for that school right now? How the mighty have fallen...that's almost embarassing.

Anyways...

I've never heard of Aggie fans rushing someone elses field after a victory. For God Sakes, we don't even trample all over our own damn field after a victory over the Longhorns! Why can't some of these other schools show the same respect? Whether you think the traditions are stupid or not, you should at least respect them while you're on the campus, no matter how much of an asshole you are.

Second of all, to those of you who want to use isolated incidents by a couple stupid Corps member to judge the entire school need to take off your Aggie-Hatin' caps. Obviously, it reflects badly on the school, there's no denying that. ....

It's not aggie-hatin'. It's embarrassing for the university, as you agreed.

The most embarrassing thing is that so many aggies try to rationalize it. Even if the action was a repeated one, which it is, it wouldn't be as bad if it was roundly denounced by most aggies.

MadMax
10-31-2002, 02:12 PM
I think that it was because the contact that occurred was outside the understood terms of the consent in the case. It's been a couple of years though.

there is more than one case on this issue...the case i'm thinking about was after a play was completed...some guy laid out another guy...well after...beyond just being a penalty.

Refman
10-31-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Cohen
I don't support it...I just think it's a little disingenuous to do something knowing what might happen and then bitch when it does....

We have convenience stores, and know more will be robbed.

Should we just close them all down?
So opening a store is equivalent to criminal trespass? I think not.

Cohen
10-31-2002, 02:23 PM
So opening a store is equivalent to criminal trespass? I think not.

Didn't we already ascertain that walking on the field is not criminal?

Refman
10-31-2002, 02:36 PM
Didn't we already ascertain that walking on the field is not criminal?
No...it is a violation of the criminal trespass statute in that the individuals are going onto the field without the consent of the owner. The license to be in the stadium does not extend to the field. Look up the text of the criminal trespass statute of the Texas Penal Code...I think you'll see that it applies.

arkoe
10-31-2002, 02:40 PM

They're fun to make fun of though.

Trader_Jorge
10-31-2002, 02:43 PM
Refman,
What *exactly* do you mean by the "Texas Penal Code"? :eek:

Refman
10-31-2002, 02:44 PM
They're fun to make fun of though.
It was always tremendous fun to sit with some friends down in Hullabaloo in the MSC, have some snacks and watch the newly balded CTs walk through. :D

Refman
10-31-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Trader_Jorge
Refman,
What *exactly* do you mean by the "Texas Penal Code"? :eek:
LOL

It's ok TJ...only worry if they ever pass a Texas Penile Code. :eek:

MR. MEOWGI
10-31-2002, 02:59 PM
There is nothing worse Texas A&M. I hope the whole school burns.

Go kill some more students. Freaks.

http://www.thebatt.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2002/10/07/3da147f98e821

Refman
10-31-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by MR. MEOWGI

Every time a student is injured or killed it is a tragedy. To insinuate that the other students or the University as a whole intentionally killed anybody is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

I hope that something you care about deeply burns. Freak.

Cohen
10-31-2002, 03:14 PM
No...it is a violation of the criminal trespass statute in that the individuals are going onto the field without the consent of the owner. The license to be in the stadium does not extend to the field. Look up the text of the criminal trespass statute of the Texas Penal Code...I think you'll see that it applies.

(Does it state on the ticket that the license doesn't extend to the field? Don't 'no trespass' signs need to be clearly visible to all? Whatever; beside the point.)

Since you claim it is illegal to venture onto the field, has anyone ever been arrested for it? Or just assaulted by third parties? The students do not 'own' the field, nor I doubt are they legal representatives of the University.

Would the legal defense of those assaulting the trespassers argue in court 'they shouldn't bitch since they should have expected a beating'?

It's really simple. Its wrong, its embarrassing for A&M, it's repeated, and it's rationalized by many aggies.

Cohen
10-31-2002, 03:18 PM

Troll.

Raven Lunatic
10-31-2002, 03:18 PM
Question...how much "bitching" is the victim of the ridiculous punch doing? From what I have read, he is not pressing charges, but he simply filed some paperwork at ATM (still haven't read what that was about). It seems to me that most of the "bitching" that is being done is by bystanders and observers who are appalled at the actions of the person who punched the innocent Nebraska fan.

Refman
10-31-2002, 03:21 PM
(Does it state on the ticket that the license doesn't extend to the field? Don't 'no trespass' signs need to be clearly visible to all? Whatever; beside the point.)
Go to findlaw.com and look it up. You'll find that it appears to fit the statute.

Since you claim it is illegal to venture onto the field, has anyone ever been arrested for it?
Yep...just about anywhere it happens at any school.

Would the legal defense of those assaulting the trespassers argue in court 'they shouldn't bitch since they should have expected a beating'?
Nope...they would be found guilty of simple assault and battery. A slap on the wrists and some community service. But I get your point.

Refman
10-31-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Raven Lunatic
Question...how much "bitching" is the victim of the ridiculous punch doing? From what I have read, he is not pressing charges, but he simply filed some paperwork at ATM (still haven't read what that was about). It seems to me that most of the "bitching" that is being done is by bystanders and observers who are appalled at the actions of the person who punched the innocent Nebraska fan.
Make no mistake...the University will investigate on its own and take appropriate action. They always have anytime ANY student group acts in a manner that the University feels is out of bounds.

Nebraska fans are seeking criminal charges. Were I the University I would support their request...but also insist that criminal trespass charges be filed against the individual who ran onto the field after being told not to.

gr8-1
10-31-2002, 03:30 PM
Still waiting for the corp guy to turn himself in. Don't they have a code of honor/ethics? Someone had to have seen him, but, I guess they all look alike with their haircuts.

Rocketman95
10-31-2002, 03:31 PM
Yep...just about anywhere it happens at any school.

So everytime there's a celebration after a big upset and the students rush the field, they're all arrested? I'd like to see you back up this claim, Refman.

Refman
10-31-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Rocketman95
So everytime there's a celebration after a big upset and the students rush the field, they're all arrested? I'd like to see you back up this claim, Refman.
Watch your TV the next time it happens...you'll see the police setaining as many people as they can. They obviously can't physically get all of them. I distinctly recall a student handcuffed to the goalpost in 1995.

Trader_Jorge
10-31-2002, 03:54 PM
I distinctly recall a student handcuffed to the goalpost in 1995.
Refman, I'd prefer to not hear the intimate details of your sex life. :eek:

Raven Lunatic
10-31-2002, 04:02 PM
Make no mistake...the University will investigate on its own and take appropriate action. They always have anytime ANY student group acts in a manner that the University feels is out of bounds.

Nebraska fans are seeking criminal charges. Were I the University I would support their request...but also insist that criminal trespass charges be filed against the individual who ran onto the field after being told not to.

You didn't answer my question. Where is this "bitching" you keep referring to?

haven
10-31-2002, 04:04 PM
I don't like the idea that because the Nebraska fan knew that the Corps is insanely protective over their field means that he doesn't have a legitimate complaint (or that he should be less vocal about it). I mean, maybe it makes him an idiot...

...but he has just as much right to complain as a black guy would who got beat up after entering a white supremacy book store.

The idea that the university should prosecute any Nebraska student for trespass who happens to file a complaint is troubling. Hypothetically, if this student had suffered a serious injury, and sued for battery, should the university only then prosecute for trespass?

Personally, I think it's rude to rush the field during away games (although admit that I might do it during a home game)... but the frequency with which it's actually prosecuted would render prosecution in those circumstances malicious, imo (not in a legal sense, obviously).

Cohen
10-31-2002, 04:13 PM
Watch your TV the next time it happens...you'll see the police setaining as many people as they can. They obviously can't physically get all of them. I distinctly recall a student handcuffed to the goalpost in 1995.

So that student was arrested and charged for charging the field, and nothing else?

I've seen plenty of fields flooded with fans. It was pretty commonplace in the '70's. I only recall police trying to protect players and coaches, and at times, goalposts. I don't recall headlines '200 students arrested for running onto field'.

Kim
10-31-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Trader_Jorge
Refman, I'd prefer to not hear the intimate details of your sex life. :eek:

LOL!
Greatest post in this thread.

:D

Smokey
10-31-2002, 05:51 PM
You don't think schools want students to rush the field after victory?

They're not going to openly say rush the field (for obvious safety reasons - falling goalposts, pushing, shoving, etc.), but schools are prepared for such occurences and do not arrest their fans. I doubt any Iowa State fan was arrested for rushing the field after their defeat of Nebraska or any Louisville fan after knocking off FSU.

Gomer Pyle Field is not the home of the Cornhuskers so I would agree with you in that their fans should not have rushed the field however saying the fans got what was coming to them (a sucker punch from the back) is ludicrous.

What did you think when the VT player took a shovel into the endzone of your sacred field? I wish the Corps would have attacked him so they'd get their asses kicked by the whole VT team.

arkoe
10-31-2002, 05:52 PM

Let me first state that I feel extremely bad for the families of the injured, but go find me a college that doesn't have any hazing, jackass.

MR. MEOWGI
10-31-2002, 06:39 PM
but go find me a college that doesn't have any hazing, jackass.

Brilliant justification for death. It's the whole mindset that is sick. The inbred cult known as Texas A&M should be destroyed.

Supermac34
10-31-2002, 06:46 PM
Brilliant justification for death. It's the whole mindset that is sick. The inbred cult known as Texas A&M should be destroyed.

Mr. Meowgi, do the world a favor and don't have kids.

Even if you don't like A&M, your comments are asinine.

arkoe
10-31-2002, 06:56 PM

I'm not trying to justify the deaths, nor am I claiming that these deaths were not related to hazing. All I'm saying is that to try to blame the school for that is ludicrous. Many groups and organizations have hazing, whether the groups are subsets of a school or not. A&M isn't the only campus that has problems with hazing, although I can tell you that they try to do their best to control it.

MR. MEOWGI
10-31-2002, 07:08 PM
I'm not trying to justify the deaths, nor am I claiming that these deaths were not related to hazing. All I'm saying is that to try to blame the school for that is ludicrous. Many groups and organizations have hazing, whether the groups are subsets of a school or not. A&M isn't the only campus that has problems with hazing, although I can tell you that they try to do their best to control it.

You are right but many others are in denial. Look, Im not blaming a whole school for this. I just brought it up because I don't dig the primary culture that surrounds the school. Sorry.

arkoe
10-31-2002, 07:17 PM
I accept your apology. What primary culture are you referring to?

gr8-1
10-31-2002, 07:26 PM
All 4 branches have a code of honor/ethics? Does the corp? If they're gonna play soldier, they may as well go all out. Integrity check. Has the alleged guilty party stood up and said "yes, it was me."

Puedlfor
10-31-2002, 08:14 PM
Aggies rushed Royal-Memorial stadium at least three or four times in the last twenty years.

Aggies rushed their own field in 98 after beating the Huskers and again in 99 after beating the Longhorns, they'd probably rush more if they didn't lose so often at home.

After every home win, do not the freshman members of the corp chase the Good Humor men across the field?

Refman
10-31-2002, 08:17 PM
After every home win, do not the freshman members of the corp chase the Good Humor men across the field?
You started to make an attempt at actual discourse about the subject and then OBLITERATED it with this little "gem." :rolleyes:

MR. MEOWGI
10-31-2002, 08:19 PM
I accept your apology. What primary culture are you referring to?

Whoooop!

Refman
10-31-2002, 08:23 PM
I think something is wrong with Mr. Meowgi...somebody call Dr. Kevorkian for some help.

Cohen
10-31-2002, 10:08 PM
I think something is wrong with Mr. Meowgi...somebody call Dr. Kevorkian for some help.

I think we should just throw him onto Kyle field... ;) :D

Supermac34
11-01-2002, 02:59 AM

I think we should just throw him onto Kyle field... ;) :D

I'm an Aggie, but can't help it...

If you threw him on the field at least he'd be safe from the Aggie defense.

I know, I know...lame.

Refman
11-01-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Supermac34
I'm an Aggie, but can't help it...

If you threw him on the field at least he'd be safe from the Aggie defense.

I know, I know...lame.
Lame? Yes...but so is the Aggie defense recently. I can't bring myself to call them the Wrecking Crew anymore. Very sad.

gr8-1
11-01-2002, 12:00 PM
http://www.theeagle.com/aandmnews/110102cadetcharged.htm

He's turned himself in. Looks like he's reaching for his saber in the picture.

“Their duties do not include general crowd control or riot control or anything like that,” Mills said.

yeah.

Refman
11-01-2002, 12:34 PM
http://www.theeagle.com/aandmnews/110102cadetcharged.htm

He's turned himself in. Looks like he's reaching for his saber in the picture.

yeah.
My take is that the guys in his unit pressured him to turn himself in. More specifically...the CO probably commenced morning formations and stated that the individual had until evening formations to turn himself in or EVERYBODY would face a severe punishment. Funny how that kind of thing works.

gr8-1
11-01-2002, 01:47 PM
My take is that the guys in his unit pressured him to turn himself in. More specifically...the CO probably commenced morning formations and stated that the individual had until evening formations to turn himself in or EVERYBODY would face a severe punishment. Funny how that kind of thing works.

I had a brief stint in the army. Sounds plausible.

Supermac34
11-01-2002, 01:55 PM
He's not reaching for his saber, he's just holding the scabbard back, or it would swing forward.

Also, in the interview, the guy talks about how the A&M fans had been nice and respectful before the incident...if they had been nice and respectful, why did he disrespect the A&M fans by going on the field?

Not that he should have been cold-cocked in the back of the head, but it seems he's a little bit of a hypocrite.

gr8-1
11-01-2002, 02:06 PM
He's not reaching for his saber, he's just holding the scabbard back, or it would swing forward.

Also, in the interview, the guy talks about how the A&M fans had been nice and respectful before the incident...if they had been nice and respectful, why did he disrespect the A&M fans by going on the field?

How is that disrespectful? It's just a field and it didn't look like they were gonna destroy anything.

I was joking about the saber.

Supermac34
11-02-2002, 02:41 AM
How is that disrespectful? It's just a field and it didn't look like they were gonna destroy anything.

I was joking about the saber.

It's disrespectful because everyone who ran out onto the field KNEW that it would upset the Aggies, they new that people would find it offensive...yet they still did it. If someone holds a tradition in respect, and you break that tradition, its pretty disrespectful.

Kind of like the people from Nebraska walking to the game in front of us. They walked on the grass at the MSC (Memorial Student Center), which is posted "Please do not walk on the grass, this building and the surrounding grounds are a memorial to those Aggies who have fallen defending our country. Please respect this time honored tradition." When our group asked them to walk on the sidewalk and pointed out the sign, they read the sign, laughed, yelled "screw the aggies" and ran across the lawn.

You might say, "oh well, that doesn't actually hurt the lawn, and whoever heard of staying off the grass as a tradition anyways?"

The point is, you respect other people's traditions and values even if they are not your own, and especially if you are at their place. Its a tradition that nobody is allowed on the field at A&M except the Aggie players, band, and the invited team and their staff, players, coaches, cheerleaders, ect. Running out on the field is in direct disrespect of that tradition.

People KNOWINGLY ran out on the field when they KNEW that it would upset people who attend A&M.

Its not a matter of whether or not they were going to tear up the field, its a matter of running out on the field knowing they were going to piss people off and still doing it anyways.

When visitors' fans come to Kyle Field, they have a pretty large couple of sections of tickets they can buy, they're invited to yell and cheer as loud as they want for their team, they're invited to bring they're mascots, their cheerleaders, they're invited to have their band play before the Aggie band at halftime. They can boo our team, they can talk some trash in the stands, they can sing their school songs and wear their school colors.

Hell, if they come in and beat us, and act respectful to our traditions and our stadium, you'll usually hear the visiting fans get congrats on the win, or being invited to drink some beer and have some bar-b-que as they walk out the the parking lot. I've seen this a lot, I've done it, we shared a cooler with some dudes from V-Tech earlier in the year.

The ONLY thing that they ask the fans to do during the game, and the announce it at the beginning and right before the end of the game...don't go on Kyle Field. Please respect this one request, please respect the tradition...don't go on Kyle field, you are not allowed. You've been invited into our stadium and our town, but your not invited onto the field. But what do people like to do? Run their un-invited asses down to the field. The one thing your asked not to do, knowing it will just piss people off for disrespecting a tradition.

That long winded answer is why its disrespectful to run onto the field.

I don't believe that the dude should have been clocked in the head. That was stupid.

But all this stupid talk about A&M being retarded for the Corps. is wrong. They are a part of the University, sometimes an honorable and mentionable part, sometimes a stupid and forgetable part. But they are just a part, a smaller and smaller part as the years go on, of a huge University.

If you go on campus...its a normal college. People running around stressed out about exams, people struggling to 8:00 am classes in pajama pants and sweatshirts. But its also a tradition rich school that prides itself on being a pretty tight-nit school for such a large population.

The students pride themselves for silver taps, where people come from all over campus on the first Tuesday night of every month without saying a word, just to hear Silver taps played and a 21 gun salute for students who have passed away the previous month.

They pride themselves on muster, where Aggies from all over the world get together and remember those who died, having their name called on a role once more, and having a fellow Aggie answer "here."

There's tons of other traditions, don't walk on the grass around the MSC, walk with the one your going to marry under the century tree, there's bonfire...the last one to burn my freshman year...and let me tell you...it was a hell of a lot of fun getting to know everyone in my dorm, doing a bunch of dirty, grimy work with them, then watching it burn with them.

So does this tradition rich school make mistakes? Hell yes.

Are there dumbasses that do stupid stuff and ruin if for everyone else? Hell yes.

Are some of the traditions kind of corny? Hell yes.

A&M and Aggies make mistakes, and sometimes the traditions fail and are mistakes too. But even the best hitters strike out, even the best drivers have accidents, and even the most honest people sometimes lie.

Should that guy have hit that guy in the head? No, he made a mistake because he was angry and someone got hurt. I don't think that you can judge an entire school, or the majority of students, or the University in general for mistakes made by a few of its members.

If you judge everyone on their mistakes and not their successes, then everyone and everything is a failure to you.

People make mistakes...***** happens...quit knocking my school because of those mistakes.

If you want to knock my school, look at the good things first...the hallways of Congressional Medals of Honor in the MSC, Silver Taps, Muster, the fact that Aggies actually tend to be pretty good people overall...then weigh it against the mistakes that a few have made...and after all of that...if you still have a negative outlook of my school and of Aggies, and of me...then I can't convince you otherwise.

Sorry for the rant. Its late, I'm hopped up on cold medicine and can't breath through my nose because of my cold...so I can't sleep...I just started typing...you see the results...

Refman
11-02-2002, 02:53 AM
Supermac--

Nobody could have said it any better than you did.

gr8-1
11-02-2002, 04:39 AM
It's disrespectful because everyone who ran out onto the field KNEW that it would upset the Aggies, they new that people would find it offensive...yet they still did it. If someone holds a tradition in respect, and you break that tradition, its pretty disrespectful.

Kind of like the people from Nebraska walking to the game in front of us. They walked on the grass at the MSC (Memorial Student Center), which is posted "Please do not walk on the grass, this building and the surrounding grounds are a memorial to those Aggies who have fallen defending our country. Please respect this time honored tradition." When our group asked them to walk on the sidewalk and pointed out the sign, they read the sign, laughed, yelled "screw the aggies" and ran across the lawn.

You might say, "oh well, that doesn't actually hurt the lawn, and whoever heard of staying off the grass as a tradition anyways?"

The point is, you respect other people's traditions and values even if they are not your own, and especially if you are at their place. Its a tradition that nobody is allowed on the field at A&M except the Aggie players, band, and the invited team and their staff, players, coaches, cheerleaders, ect. Running out on the field is in direct disrespect of that tradition.

People KNOWINGLY ran out on the field when they KNEW that it would upset people who attend A&M.

Its not a matter of whether or not they were going to tear up the field, its a matter of running out on the field knowing they were going to piss people off and still doing it anyways.

When visitors' fans come to Kyle Field, they have a pretty large couple of sections of tickets they can buy, they're invited to yell and cheer as loud as they want for their team, they're invited to bring they're mascots, their cheerleaders, they're invited to have their band play before the Aggie band at halftime. They can boo our team, they can talk some trash in the stands, they can sing their school songs and wear their school colors.

Hell, if they come in and beat us, and act respectful to our traditions and our stadium, you'll usually hear the visiting fans get congrats on the win, or being invited to drink some beer and have some bar-b-que as they walk out the the parking lot. I've seen this a lot, I've done it, we shared a cooler with some dudes from V-Tech earlier in the year.

The ONLY thing that they ask the fans to do during the game, and the announce it at the beginning and right before the end of the game...don't go on Kyle Field. Please respect this one request, please respect the tradition...don't go on Kyle field, you are not allowed. You've been invited into our stadium and our town, but your not invited onto the field. But what do people like to do? Run their un-invited asses down to the field. The one thing your asked not to do, knowing it will just piss people off for disrespecting a tradition.

That long winded answer is why its disrespectful to run onto the field.

I don't believe that the dude should have been clocked in the head. That was stupid.

But all this stupid talk about A&M being retarded for the Corps. is wrong. They are a part of the University, sometimes an honorable and mentionable part, sometimes a stupid and forgetable part. But they are just a part, a smaller and smaller part as the years go on, of a huge University.

If you go on campus...its a normal college. People running around stressed out about exams, people struggling to 8:00 am classes in pajama pants and sweatshirts. But its also a tradition rich school that prides itself on being a pretty tight-nit school for such a large population.

The students pride themselves for silver taps, where people come from all over campus on the first Tuesday night of every month without saying a word, just to hear Silver taps played and a 21 gun salute for students who have passed away the previous month.

They pride themselves on muster, where Aggies from all over the world get together and remember those who died, having their name called on a role once more, and having a fellow Aggie answer "here."

There's tons of other traditions, don't walk on the grass around the MSC, walk with the one your going to marry under the century tree, there's bonfire...the last one to burn my freshman year...and let me tell you...it was a hell of a lot of fun getting to know everyone in my dorm, doing a bunch of dirty, grimy work with them, then watching it burn with them.

So does this tradition rich school make mistakes? Hell yes.

Are there dumbasses that do stupid stuff and ruin if for everyone else? Hell yes.

Are some of the traditions kind of corny? Hell yes.

A&M and Aggies make mistakes, and sometimes the traditions fail and are mistakes too. But even the best hitters strike out, even the best drivers have accidents, and even the most honest people sometimes lie.

Should that guy have hit that guy in the head? No, he made a mistake because he was angry and someone got hurt. I don't think that you can judge an entire school, or the majority of students, or the University in general for mistakes made by a few of its members.

If you judge everyone on their mistakes and not their successes, then everyone and everything is a failure to you.

People make mistakes...***** happens...quit knocking my school because of those mistakes.

If you want to knock my school, look at the good things first...the hallways of Congressional Medals of Honor in the MSC, Silver Taps, Muster, the fact that Aggies actually tend to be pretty good people overall...then weigh it against the mistakes that a few have made...and after all of that...if you still have a negative outlook of my school and of Aggies, and of me...then I can't convince you otherwise.

Sorry for the rant. Its late, I'm hopped up on cold medicine and can't breath through my nose because of my cold...so I can't sleep...I just started typing...you see the results...
Are you an Ag? If so, that explains alot. Boo ****ing hoo. Hit me in the back of the head for typing that.

Put a sign up for visiting fans who have no idea what is going on. Otherwise, give them a saber and fair warning to make it a good fight.

Not every home team with corp cadets sucker punches the opposition. I'm not very omniscient, but why does it seem like the other service academies never have this problem? Why didn't Air Force fans beat up Notre Dame for kicking their football team's ass?

Heck, I'm still waiting for an explanation as to wh general gomer took so long to come forward and why the cadets didn't go after the Tech player for soveling the endzone in to a glad bag? No testicular forittude? That's what I thought.

DCkid
11-02-2002, 09:11 AM
Are you an Ag? If so, that explains alot. Boo ****ing hoo
Dude, at least read the post if you're going to comment on it...sheesh.

Supermac34
11-03-2002, 08:26 PM
Are you an Ag? If so, that explains alot. Boo ****ing hoo. Hit me in the back of the head for typing that.

Put a sign up for visiting fans who have no idea what is going on. Otherwise, give them a saber and fair warning to make it a good fight.

Not every home team with corp cadets sucker punches the opposition. I'm not very omniscient, but why does it seem like the other service academies never have this problem? Why didn't Air Force fans beat up Notre Dame for kicking their football team's ass?

Heck, I'm still waiting for an explanation as to wh general gomer took so long to come forward and why the cadets didn't go after the Tech player for soveling the endzone in to a glad bag? No testicular forittude? That's what I thought.

Did you even read the post?

I SAID that I still don't think it was right for the guy to hit the guy in the back of the head.

He should be thrown out of the University.

Nobody noticed the guy take a piece of endzone. Nobody knew until he said he did it in the post game interview.

Read before you comment.

gr8-1
11-03-2002, 09:06 PM
Did you even read the post?

I SAID that I still don't think it was right for the guy to hit the guy in the back of the head.

He should be thrown out of the University.

Nobody noticed the guy take a piece of endzone. Nobody knew until he said he did it in the post game interview.

Read before you comment.

Gee, people didn't know or they just didn't want to see. Or, maybe they couldn't get a good angle from behind.

And at ease your rude, caustic comments.

Supermac34
11-03-2002, 11:26 PM
Gee, people didn't know or they just didn't want to see. Or, maybe they couldn't get a good angle from behind.

And at ease your rude, caustic comments.

I'm just answering your rude, caustic comments with rude, caustic comments.

You answered my admittedly long winded post with a rude, caustic comment. My long winded post was not rude, nor caustic.

shuttle
11-04-2002, 01:50 AM

A&M SUCKS.

thank you

Very classy!! What school did you drop out of?:rolleyes:

Smokey
11-04-2002, 02:29 AM
http://www.theeagle.com/aandmnews/photos/110102corpcadet.jpg

Refman
11-04-2002, 02:34 AM
Smokey--

I don't think anybody denied what happened...but thanks for the pic anyway. :confused:

gr8-1
11-04-2002, 11:41 AM
Is the cadet using the volcan death grip?

Refman
11-04-2002, 12:19 PM
Is the cadet using the volcan death grip?
Yes...in fact he's joining me on my 5 year mission on the quest for an intelligent opinion. Judging from quotes like those reproduced above...it may be a harder search than what I had anticipated.

gr8-1
11-04-2002, 12:23 PM
Yes...in fact he's joining me on my 5 year mission on the quest for an intelligent opinion. Judging from quotes like those reproduced above...it may be a harder search than what I had anticipated.

Where are you gonna go? And, where did he learn the vulcan death grip? I've always wanted to learn it. My karate teacher says it's overrated though.

Refman
11-04-2002, 12:28 PM
Where are you gonna go? And, where did he learn the vulcan death grip? I've always wanted to learn it. My karate teacher says it's overrated though.
I was thinking of sending an away team to China...they have plenty of intelligent opinions...they already know that Yao has skills. :D