1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Gray dominated Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Superman's real kryponite is guys who are bigger and stronger than him. Aaron Gray rendered him ineffective last night like Yao Ming used to do. MoreygetGraydone!

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I loved Howard when he came into the league. He was a high-schooler big man who didn't try and play from the perimeter. He was old school, did his job. It was a breath of fresh air.

But now when I watch him, when I see teams focus on him, when I see how he handles Shaq, Perkins, Yao, etc... a question pops into my mind. A crazy question.

Is Dwight Howard soft? Maybe so.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Dwight has never been a very good one-on-one defender, his strength is coming form the weakside

4. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

get'er done morey!

5. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

11-18 for 26 pts, 10 rebs and 3 blocks is ineffective?

6. Carl Herrera

He duhminated Okafor and was rendered ineffective by Gray. Watch da game man.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Uhhh, no.

Dwight has really improved his game offensively this year, compared to last. He's incorporated some hesitation moves and spin moves to go along with his jump hook. In the past, I used to think he just tried to beat his man to the middle and throw up a running hook. Now, he's actually making post moves and intelligent ones at that (last night he spun away from the incoming double team for the hook shot).

He's going to be the best post player in the league for quite some time.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why should I watch a game. . . I GOT STATS!

Rocket River

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

[​IMG]

10. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

this isnt news most Rox fans know a true big man gives 'superman' major problems. even an outa shape rusty big man gives Howard trouble, hes really overrated, Dwights simply the product of a C dominating an era where the big man is all but extinct :rolleyes: .. i cant wait for Yao to return to show him who the real #1 C is in the game

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I didn't watched the Bulls all that much, but the few times I did I liked Aaron Gray. Nice size and he has a post game. He doesn't have much quickness defensively, but with that bulk he can still obviously be a factor on that end.

What did the Hornets get him for? I think he would could have been a helpful addition for us.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Whenever another C gets physical with Dwight, he becomes vulnerable on both ends of the court...

13. BarkleyHater84

I think he was a throw in. He has always been solid. He just needs to find a place where he could fit and his weaknesses be masked by a quick and athletic PF.

14. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

u should watch the game cause ur wrong...he didnt dominate gray

15. Carl Herrera

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/01/26/hornets-trade-devin-brown-to-bulls-for-aaron-gray-with-little-ta/

Moreygetherdone. We need Gray to handle Dwight Howard in the NBA Finals!

16. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I think that everyone knows that he has a problem with very physical players and Perkins of the Celtics has said as much, but he's still a great, great player. Just the way that Olajuwon sometimes had trouble with perimeter players (Sam Perkins), players that were taller than him (Tom Chambers), or players who were close to him in athleticism (Shawn Kemp), there are always going to be situations where a player will have trouble with certain situations. Dwight Howard has issues in these situations just as every other player has. Just as Hakeem was the best center then, I still give my current vote for the best center to Dwight Howard.

1 person likes this.
  17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I only caught a few seconds of the Hornets game towards the end.

I happened to see Gray jogging back down the court.

The first thing that came to mind was that he looked really, really fat... much more pudgy than I remember him from his rookie season.

Was it just my TV?

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No, unless my PC had the same exact problem.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No, he's thickened up a bit. Maybe that's a good thing against Howard.

20. RocketMania1991

How did Dwight get rendered useless.....?

26 points 10 rebounds and 3 blocks while shooting above 50 percent is an above average game...

Both Hornets centers couldn't of been that great on defense by looking at his stat line and they sure as hell didn't do anything offensively against Dwight.

Looks like Dwight owned Okafor/Gray even though his team lost