1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Trek Looks.......fantastic??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hak34, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Ok, being that I don't have a search function, I went back several pages and found nothing, so if there is a thread please be my guest to lock or merge.

With that said, let me preempt this post by stating this first.

I have always absolutely hated Star Trek. Well, not the 80's star trek series. Everything else from the original shows, to the god aweful movies, to even the trekkies.

But hot damn, does this new movie look great to me. I know trailers are meant to do that, and often they do a movie way more justice than it deserves, but I can't see from the 2 minute long trailer how they could possibly get it wrong.

Looks epic in my book.

2. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I don't know if it'll be better than Star Trek 2 or 4, but it looks good so far! Excited for it!

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i don't think i've ever seen a star trek movie but this is the first one that looks tempting anyway.

4. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Ooops forgot the actual trailers.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/puXPozd-kuc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/puXPozd-kuc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P0xaCB2nLS0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P0xaCB2nLS0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

5. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Just watching the trailer give me chills. Although I was disappointed
    with the 2 perivous Star Trek Movies, but I have high hope with this
    one.

6. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I've never seen any Star Trek movies or shows. I was just never interested enough. But man the movie looks amazing. I am definitely going to check it out. A big part of it is because Sylar is in it.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i could not figure out who that was. thanks

and yes it looks about as good as movie can :)

8. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Zachary Quinto plays Sylar in Heroes, he plays young Spock in Star Trek movie.

[​IMG]

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It looks good,

but I doubt anything will beat The Wrath of Khan. Too many classic lines and scenes.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah i couldnt place the face. ive watched the first two seasons of heroes in the last month so ive seen his face enough, it was bugging me haa

11. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Thought this was a great choice. Saw the trailer at the cinemas when I went to see Watchmen and does look pretty cool. I was never much of a Star Trek fan... never watched the tv eps just the movies but will probably go see this just because I like what I saw.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The newest trailer looks absolutely amazing. And the one thing this movie already has going for it is that it's pulling in non-fans.

13. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I hadn't seen many trailers for it and saw the one during Heroes the other night. I didn't know that John Cho from Harold and Kumar was Sulu. I thought that was a good choice too.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I were going to cast a new Star Strek I would put Jack Black as Captain Kirk, Ben Stiller as Spock, and maybe John C. Reilly as Bones.

That would be a good movie.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Am I the only one? The villance face reminds me of Mike Tyson's tattoos.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Exactly. I hope the movie delivers.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wow, just saw the trailer. I haven't watched a Star Trek show or movie in years. But the trailer brought back some of the old fandom. Pretty nice.

18. roksoer

roksoer Member

this movie looks great

19. duwende

duwende Member

[​IMG]

Should be a good movie, even though it breaks the "every other Star Trek film is good" pattern. II, IV, VI, First Contact, Nemesis

20. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Wait... if it's not at all like the 30+ years of previous material (that you always absolutely hated), doesn't that mean they are getting it wrong? ;)

I'm looking forward to the reboot. Hopefully they won't neglect to put more non-humanoid aliens in now that the technology is there.